Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sign Waves and Super Brochures? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    The critics will never acknowledge your brochure got national attention. Think about that for a second. A simple brochure was featured on national tv, can anyone tell me when another grassroots handout garnered that kind of attention?
    Who cares? What matters are the votes. Not to mention the fact that no Republican voters would be watching that program.

That's how eye-popping and effective it was. Everyone in Iowa I talked to loved them.
    Were these already RP supporters?

Heck, some people still to this day leave the occasional Ron Paul brochure on planes and strategic places for other people to read because they're so informative and thought provoking.
    I'm sure. But, we are trying to get votes now. Not put on an educational campaign. Working against a candidate's campaign is never a smart thing to do and that is exactly what this brochure did.

Do you even realize they linked to 9-11 truther videos?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah. I don't understand why there aren't efforts here to get people to participate in Rand's campaign's phone from home, or any other volunteer work for his campaign. Instead people seem more interested in griping about Trump, than helping Rand.
    There's really not much to get excited about when Rand is the status-quo lite candidate. His garbled and disingenuous foreign policy talk motivates nobody, nada, zero, zilch. It turns off Ron's base and the rank-and-file GOP voter has much better (stronger in their eyes) candidates on foreign policy. Rand has stacked out an area where he's too hawkish for libertarians and too timid for the average republican.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sign waves are FUN. Generic brochures are a waste.

Winning comes down to RAND. How does he comes across to the voters i.e. hip, cool, presidential? Has he touched a nerve? Has he moved emotions on issues like abortion, immigration, jobs, war fatigue, etc.? Do the voters RELATE to him? How does Rand package himself and his policies into a generic marketing tactic? For Clinton it was "the economy stupid." For Obama, it was "Change! Yes we can."

Then, it's all about how you handle the media and the attacks.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    There's really not much to get excited about when Rand is the status-quo lite candidate. His garbled and disingenuous foreign policy talk motivates nobody, nada, zero, zilch. It turns off Ron's base and the rank-and-file GOP voter has much better (stronger in their eyes) candidates on foreign policy. Rand has stacked out an area where he's too hawkish for libertarians and too timid for the average republican.
    Yes, to be popular with the libertines, he would need to be a pacifist. To be popular with the hawks, he would need to be an Israel-first, the U.S. needs to dictate to the entire world and overthrow every government who wants to live their own way, warmonger.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Sign waves are FUN. Generic brochures are a waste.

Winning comes down to RAND. How does he comes across to the voters i.e. hip, cool, presidential? Has he touched a nerve? Has he moved emotions on issues like abortion, immigration, jobs, war fatigue, etc.? Do the voters RELATE to him? How does Rand package himself and his policies into a generic marketing tactic? For Clinton it was "the economy stupid." For Obama, it was "Change! Yes we can."

Then, it's all about how you handle the media and the attacks.
    He needs to be able to get some air time. Trump sucked all the air out of the room when he started running.
    ================

Who cares? What matters are the votes. Not to mention the fact that no Republican voters would be watching that program.
    Do you have data showing counties where the brochure were distributed vs. not distributed showing a suppression of the vote? You're making the claim that the brochure hurt Ron's raw numbers, so me the data for that claim otherwise stop making stuff up. I could change my opinion on the brochure if you actually showed me evidence.

Were these already RP supporters?
    No, these were regular voters when I went door knocking. I also spoke with some die hard Ron Paul supporters that were on the ground in Iowa, nobody was "OMG we have got to stop this brochures, they're killing us!". There was actually a shortage of literature in many places so they were overjoyed to get a box of brochures for their canvasing efforts.

Do you even realize they linked to 9-11 truther videos?
    I'd be more concerned with Ron's Newsletters with the racial overtones. That's what gets a million times more attention and eyeballs; not some fine-printed footnoted link on a brochure. Plus, you're bound to run into all kinds of conspiracies when googling Ron. Especially when you start investigating the Federal Reserve. Nobody raged about a video link and I handed out thousands.

I say use the official flyer, it is a short read and contains good info. (most voters aren't going to read a long article, but will read a short flyer with the main campaign points)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12