Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Republicans have themselves to blame for Donald Trump

Cruz is playing the game that Rand should have been. Trump is showing that people are pissed, and he is going over the top to cater to them. Cruz appeals to the slightly better informed, slightly less berserk veteran voter that trump turns off by casting himself as despised by the establishment without going into details. Rand keeps trying to gain traction by speaking to the issues. A game that just doesn't work.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Cruz is playing the game that Rand should have been. Trump is showing that people are pissed, and he is going over the top to cater to them. Cruz appeals to the slightly better informed, slightly less berserk veteran voter that trump turns off by casting himself as despised by the establishment without going into details. Rand keeps trying to gain traction by speaking to the issues. A game that just doesn't work.
    Do you think that Ted Cruz is going to get all of Trumps supporters?

No, I think he is siphoning off people that want to support trump, but just can't sink quite that low.

The GOP leadership will continue to fail us - regardless of whether it's Trump, Rand Paul, or any of the other clowns that make it into office.

Trump and Paul are the best of the lot - that I don't dispute.

But the U.S. is too far gone to enact the changes that are needed - which would start with closing the border, a complete moratorium on immigration, an end to all foreign aid, and withdrawing our troops from all pointless wars.

I'm not convinced that Trump or any of the others can make even one of these happen. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    So Trump has something in common with paleo-cons. So does Bernie Sanders. But they're both left-wing extremists.
    Wrong again, erowe.

Sanders has nothing in common with paleocons.

Rand has a lot and he badly needs airtime to get it out.

Since you brought it up, your stance on open borders is quite the leftist position. If Rand held that position, I would not be supporting him.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

He's not a pure libertarian. But he's better than the rest of the Republicans, and certainly nowhere close to as much of a progressive as Trump is on the issue. You yourself know this full well. It's the whole reason you've been on here bashing Rand and cheering on Trump lately. In fact, you've never been as enthusiastic about anything in these forums over your 8 years here as you have been lately about Trump and his big-government promises about immigration.
    Defending our nation from an invasion, is actually one of the few legitimate functions of the federal government.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Look it Up
    Permit me to issue and control a nation's money, and I care not who makes it's laws.
    Ignore the puppets; watch the puppet-masters.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 08-27-2015 at 04:13 AM.

Once Cruz supporters find out that he proposes a %500 increase in H-1B immigration they will be looking for someone else.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

No, I think he is siphoning off people that want to support trump, but just can't sink quite that low.
    Why do you think that? Cruz isn't doing very well in polls. Trump hurt his numbers as much as or more than Rand's. Lately Rand has been ahead of Cruz.

Why do you think that? Cruz isn't doing very well in polls. Trump hurt his numbers as much as or more than Rand's. Lately Rand has been ahead of Cruz.
    Quinnipiac poll released this morning Cruz is at 7 Paul 2.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-e...ReleaseID=2274

Rand is done!! He might not be included in future debates. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    Rand is done!! He might not be included in future debates. Sad but true.
    It's not sad but true. It's ridiculous that you say that.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Ignore the puppets; watch the puppet-masters.
    ...yup...unfortunately 99.9% of republicrats i've met are monetary ignoramuses/meat-heads who think, 'the government prints our money and they print way too much'...

...democrats suck, republicans blow...

...virtually all the gd fools do is quibble about which 50 frn haircut on a 5 frn head is 'best'...yuck!!..

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is an impressive Trump crowd in SC today.

Only Sanders and maybe Hillary can draw a crowd like this.

Ron Paul made people think and question their deeply-held beliefs. Trump is dumbing things down.
    Stop believing stupid things

I am developing a medical condition that makes me want to keep yelling expletives every time I hear the name Donald Trump. America is so f*cked
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    I am developing a medical condition that makes me want to keep yelling expletives every time I hear the name Donald Trump. America is so f*cked
    It's called sanity.
    "I am a bird"

Meanwhile, Boehner is out there pushing the crony corporatist, US Chamber of Commerce agenda.

The doublethink is glaring...

EXCLUSIVE TO THE TRIB: For the sake of jobs, lift the ban on exporting U.S. oil

By John Boehner
    Saturday, Aug. 22, 2015

The United States recently overtook Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world's leading oil and natural gas producer. This is a big achievement, especially when you consider that just a decade ago, our energy future looked murky. We were importing most of the oil we consumed; we were building terminals to import natural gas. Congress even passed a law in 2006 to move the country toward other sources of energy.

Republicans didn't give up, though. We included a provision in that same law — the Energy Policy Act — which recognized that the states were doing a good job regulating the process of hydraulic fracturing. We saw that Washington didn't need to dictate how things were done or get involved at all.

Ten years later, this one provision has helped unleash a national energy boom that has created countless jobs and a manufacturing revolution.
    You see, for all its success, this energy boom is currently running into a brick wall in the form of other federal government policies that date back to the 1970s. Even as the Obama administration seeks to lift sanctions on Iran's oil exports, the law is still keeping our own producers from exporting crude oil. Most Americans don't even know that we have such a ban, but we do, and it costs them every time they fill up their gas tank.

By lifting the ban, we can create about a million more jobs at home. We can increase household incomes and lower prices at the pump even further. And we can help our allies, including Israel, which imports much of its oil from Russia. With all the potential here, I hope the administration will work with us in the coming months to lift the oil export ban once and for all.
    More: http://triblive.com/opinion/featured...oil-energy-gas
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    You're an idiot. A pompous idiot.
    Give me an issue in which you support Donald Trump and I guarantee I will produce a quote from him contradicting what you support. As I said before, worse than Romney and his supporters are gullible idiots.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123