Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Black Monday

Here it comes, folks - hold onto your hats

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not today. But the volatility seems to be there. This makes me suspect that this could be the autumn we get a fat correction, especially if some more major bad news comes along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Here it comes, folks - hold onto your hats

China was -850 last night. Hang on to your wallet.
    Last edited by Dianne; 08-24-2015 at 07:30 AM. Reason: typo

oh $#@! Down down 850

Ouch, U.S. market already -650 within seconds of opening.

all markets halted limit down

S&P futures halted for the first time ever

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Ouch, U.S. market already -650 within seconds of opening.
    Dow hit four figures down

Don't people know the market is only supposed to go in one direction?

Fear not, auntie Yellen will be along soon to get things moving in the correct direction.

PPT in action big time right now

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Don't people know the market is only supposed to go in one direction?

Fear not, auntie Yellen will be along soon to get things moving in the correct direction.
    Get ready for a statement that rate hikes are off the table.

I just made the bank. Thank you panic sellers. Buy the dip works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweis View Post
    I just made the bank. Thank you panic sellers. Buy the dip works everytime.
    I'm jealous. I didn't check the news this morning until about 30 minutes after it spiked back up.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    I'm jealous. I didn't check the news this morning until about 30 minutes after it spiked back up.
    Played it damn perfectly just like i thought on Friday. Panic sellers flood market for the open, buy the dip man.

all markets halted limit down

S&P futures halted for the first time ever
    To limit down, the DOW needs to drop 1700 points.

Market seems to have bottomed and is rebounding. DOW was down about 1000 earlier but has come back up and is currently only down about 250.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    brace yourselves for the second wave... market does NOT want to be where the PPT wants it to be

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

brace yourselves for the second wave... market does NOT want to be where the PPT wants it to be
    So very true. Reality and PPT are at odds.

after erasing a 1000-point drop, the Dow is down 450 again and there's still over 2 hours of trading left to go

it wants to be below that 1k drop level... badly. How long can it be propped up?

(edit) and as I was typing it popped 100 points in the other direction in seconds! This is theatre of the absurd territory

after erasing a 1000-point drop, the Dow is down 450 again and there's still over 2 hours of trading left to go

it wants to be below that 1k drop level... badly. How long can it be propped up?

(edit) and as I was typing it popped 100 points in the other direction in seconds! This is theatre of the absurd territory
    How is that type of volume possible in this uncertain market environment?
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-24-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Even if it stabilized at -450 points... that's insane to think it was down 1000+ at open! If it closed below -400 it would be awful, but the psychological effect of "well at least we 'bounced back' from -1000.... so it can't be THAT bad" mentality is already hitting the talking heads.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

This picture sums up the PPT today.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Even if it stabilized at -450 points... that's insane to think it was down 1000+ at open! If it closed below -400 it would be awful, but the psychological effect of "well at least we 'bounced back' from -1000.... so it can't be THAT bad" mentality is already hitting the talking heads.
    they are hard wired to spin everything as a positive sign for the markets

going back for another test of that 16k level now

People talk over the weekend. Panic selling at the open.

No doubt the markets were overpriced, and a correction had to happen. The big players love this. They sold and took out shorts months ago. Now they will reap the rewards, and then buy back in.

The Fed will give some more money to companies on the major indices, and they will buy back more of their stock as they have been doing for years.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is This Black Monday Crash The BIG ONE? It Doesn’t Matter

http://www.theautomaticearth.com/201...doesnt-matter/

After losing 11% last week, Shanghai this morning was down almost -9% at one point, after lunch went back up to -6.5%, and ended its day at -8.49%. A Black Monday for sure, but is this the BIG ONE? It really doesn’t matter one bit. Unless perhaps you persist in calling your self an investor, in which case we pity you, but not for losing your shirt. Because God knows we’ve said enough times now that there are no functioning markets anymore, and therefore no-one who can rightfully lay claim to the title ‘investor’.

Plenty amongst you will be talking about economic cycles, and opportunities, and debate how to ‘play’ the crash, but all this is useless if and when a market doesn’t function. And just about all markets in the richer part of the world stopped functioning when central banks started buying assets. That’s when you stopped being investors. And when market strategies stopped making sense.

Central banks will come up with more, much more, ‘stimulus’, but what China teaches us today is that we’re woefully close to the moment when central banks will lose the faith and trust of everyone. After injecting tens of billions of dollars in markets, which thereby ceased to function, the global economy is in a bigger mess then it was prior to QE. The whole thing is one big bubble now, and we know what invariably happens to those.

More QE is not an answer. And there is no other answer left either. Those tens of trillions will need to vanish from the global economy before any market can be returned to a functioning one, and by that time of course asset prices will be fraction of what they are now. It may not happen today, but that doesn’t matter: what’s important to know is that it WILL happen.

More at link...
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

It's ironic how many people in the Ministry of Truth (CNBC, Fox Business, etc) are lamenting lower oil (and gasoline) prices. Sure that doesn't help the energy sector, but it helps every other sector! All other companies should rally on lower energy prices, especially transportation and airlines.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Plenty amongst you will be talking about economic cycles, and opportunities, and debate how to ‘play’ the crash, but all this is useless if and when a market doesn’t function. And just about all markets in the richer part of the world stopped functioning when central banks started buying assets. That’s when you stopped being investors. And when market strategies stopped making sense.
    truth

truth

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It's ironic how many people in the Ministry of Truth (CNBC, Fox Business, etc) are lamenting lower oil (and gasoline) prices. Sure that doesn't help the energy sector, but it helps every other sector! All other companies should rally on lower energy prices, especially transportation and airlines.
    I think in End the Fed (Ron Paul) he had a chapter on how on the Fed causes what would normally be a sharp correction/recovery within a specific industry ends up spreading the pain to all industries due to how funny money (cheap credit and QE) distorts market prices. Man it's been awhile since I've read that, (2007?).

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    So very true. Reality and PPT are at odds.
    Dow about to cross -666 again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast