Thread: Chick-Fil-A fight in Colorado.. against same sex marriage, get lost.

Chick-Fil-A fight in Colorado.. against same sex marriage, get lost.

The company that closes on Sunday's to give employees a day of rest, and believes in the biblical interpretation of marriage is being stalled from opening a concession at the Denver airport. If you don't believe in gay marriage, get the hell out of our town.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...-gay-marriage/

Denver City Council stalls Chick-fil-A consideration citing its gay marriage stance

Some Denver City Council members have stalled consideration of Chick-fil-A’s bid for a 7-year concession to operate a restaurant at the Denver International Airport, citing the company's stance against same-sex marriage.

According to the Denver Post, Business Development Committee member Paul Lopez believes that having the chicken chain at the airport is a “moral issue on the city.”

Openly gay councilwoman Robin Kniech, while addressing the council Tuesday, said: “We really want to look into the policies and practices of these companies, and just make sure that they conform to ours in the city, the State of Colorado. We have a marriage decision nationally. This is really about policies and it's about practices.”

During the meeting none of the 10 members in attendance defended Chick-fil-A.

Kniech later told the Denver Post she was worried about a franchise in Denver generating “corporate profits used to fund and fuel discrimination.”

In 2012, Chick-fil-A's president Dan Cathy said that the "biblical definition of the family unit" did not include same-sex marriage.

Soon after Cathy’s controversial statement, Boston and Chicago tried to block new Chick-fil-A locations but efforts were not successful. In the past two years, the fast food chain has been trying to update its image as it appeals to a younger market, and Cathy has said he regrets inserting the company into political debates.

In response the Denver City Council, Chick-fil-A released a statement, saying:

“Chick-fil-A, Inc. and its franchised restaurant owners are equal opportunity employers, employing more than 75,000 individuals who represent many diverse viewpoints, opinions, backgrounds and beliefs.”

If the Business Development Committee rejects the lease, an individual member could introduce the deal in the full council, the Post reported.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL @ support for gay marriage being a "moral issue". As if virtually anything the government of Colorado or gay couples do is "moral"
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Isn't there some kind of Amendment in the Constitution that protects freedom of speech? Apparently not, in Colorado.

I will be sure to get Chic Fila for lunch tomorrow.

I love their food.

I don't share the same religious beliefs as them, but they stand up for their beliefs and I support that.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Isn't there some kind of Amendment in the Constitution that protects freedom of speech? Apparently not, in Colorado.
    What is a "Constitution?"

Is that similar to being constipated?
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-31-2016 at 12:56 PM.

The Denver city council wants total control over what people put in their mouths.

They have a strange sense of standards in that regard.

They don't know where that chicken has been.

Isn't this a blatant act of discrimination? They are refusing to issue a business license -because of their views on marriage.

And then they call it a moral issue :/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Isn't this a blatant act of discrimination? They are refusing to issue a business license -because of their views on marriage.

Pretty soon you will have to be gay in order to get a business license. I hope Chick-Fil-A fights this all the way to the Supreme Court.

Pretty soon you will have to be gay in order to get a business license. I hope Chick-Fil-A fights this all the way to the Supreme Court.
    The sooner sane people disavow our current "Just-Us" system and refuse to participate the better off we'll all be....

Just say NO to corrupt courts, corrupt legislators and their enforcers...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The sooner sane people disavow our current "Just-Us" system and refuse to participate the better off we'll all be....

Just say NO to corrupt courts, corrupt legislators and their enforcers...
    Additionally, people should really examine whether they want to patronize the Denver International Airport whatsoever. It is not like they revenues are going to a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Additionally, people should really examine whether they want to patronize the Denver International Airport whatsoever. It is not like they revenues are going to a good cause.
    I would have thought that by the time we got to double digits of posts in this thread somebody would have already mentioned the satanic conspiracies surrounding DIA. guess I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I would have thought that by the time we got to double digits of posts in this thread somebody would have already mentioned the satanic conspiracies surrounding DIA. guess I'll do it.

It is just art. Nothing to see here. Move along.

That was my first thought.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Kniech later told the Denver Post she was worried about a franchise in Denver generating “corporate profits used to fund and fuel discrimination.”
    That's a valid point.. They should be able to operate in the state on other people's private property without restriction, but the airport being public property is a little different (even though I'd try to privatize airports, personally..)

So a private property owner could nix Chick-fil-a for the same reason, or they can choose to lease to them.

I will say the Denver airport is really creepy, I've been there and took a tour of all the NWO crap.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

can gay biz owners refuse service to the Westboro church crowd?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But but that's where the bunker for the illuminati is when the SHTF! The interwebz told me so! Denver Airport will be new Capitol of the NWO!!!! FTW!!!!! LOL
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

that's some creepy ass imagery
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

Very soon, having a non-homosexual viewpoint will send you into the re-education camps. This is just a first step.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That was my first thought.

That's very accurate.

“Chick-fil-A, Inc. and its franchised restaurant owners are equal opportunity employers, employing more than 75,000 individuals who represent many diverse viewpoints, opinions, backgrounds and beliefs.”
    Boo! Hiss!

I mean, good for Dan Cathy and his Chick-Fil-A for being willing to state an opinion, but it would be even more good if they'd take a stronger stand. As in, an actual stand. Why hire homosexuals? Say no, we won't hire homosexuals, so there. Unfortunately, that would probably result in utter defeat in today's climate, and the destruction of the restaurant. But at least the battle would be joined! Somebody, somewhere needs to have the courage to stand up for his beliefs. Boy Scouts? Nope. Chick-Fil-A? Nope. Who's going to do it? Who will stand?

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Boo! Hiss!

I mean, good for Dan Cathy and his Chick-Fil-A for being willing to state an opinion, but it would be even more good if they'd take a stronger stand. As in, an actual stand. Why hire homosexuals? Say no, we won't hire homosexuals, so there. Unfortunately, that would probably result in utter defeat in today's climate, and the destruction of the restaurant. But at least the battle would be joined! Somebody, somewhere needs to have the courage to stand up for his beliefs. Boy Scouts? Nope. Chick-Fil-A? Nope. Who's going to do it? Who will stand?

What's wrong with hiring gay people at a fast food restaurant?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The point he's making is that a greater stand for freedom would be to assert their property rights as a business. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    The point he's making is that a greater stand for freedom would be to assert their property rights as a business. I agree.
    There are probably better ways of doing that..

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If one morally opposes "gay"ness, then that could be considered supporting something one morally opposes.

I am not saying that is the only moral answer, the only conclusion to come to, but it is one.

Should a hotelier opposed to lewd entertainment offer his guests adult videos? Should a teetotaler hire someone known to be a drinker? Should someone in favor of traditional marriage hire a single mother or a serial divorcee?

Different people will have different answers, but what is very important is that whatever those answers are, the people have the right to implement them. The right to act on their values.

It is very, very, very important in a free society for people to have the right to discriminate. The right to de-associate with undesirable elements. Without that right, there is no free society.

There are probably better ways of doing that..
    Yes, probably. Almost certainly. Business-wise, anything would be better than assuring the total destruction of your business. That's kind of the worst possible outcome. The problem is, I don't know what that is. If you have any ideas about some better ways, feel free to share.