Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious why Rand isn't at the normal festivities? Iowa fair, prosperity summit etc...?

Rand should be at the fair.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I think we will see Trump win some states but the party will go against the will of the people. They will do the same to Rand.

You are part of the problem. You will rightfully bitch and moan about it happening to Rand but when it happens to another you will cheer it on.
    You are right I will cheer ANYTHING that takes Trump down. He is evil.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Not to be overly disagreeable, but you are starting to flirt with tin-foil hat conspiracy theory craziness. The GOP does not need to use trickery to take out Trump, the guy is a walking gaffe machine that makes Joe Biden appear tame by comparison, he's also loaded with baggage from past business practices. You've been WAY too complementary of Trump to still be considered a Rand supporter, and I think several people have been right to question your motives.

And no, I'm not saying that the GOP establishment never pulls dirty tricks in order to put forth the candidate they like, but sometimes candidates lose because they are actually lousy and hold stupid positions. Have you heard the abject craziness coming out of Trump on foreign policy? At least Jeb has the decency to try and use conciliatory language and euphemisms when talking about going to war with the rest of the world.
    Trump says insane $#@! nearly every day that would destroy any other candidate with the voters but when it happens to trump, it is "Oh my GOD! oh my God the TPTB took him down!"
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by RandFTW View Post
    I also noticed Rand has been refraining from attending events with fellow candidates. It reminds me of an article I read about marketing. A rising brand will mention/show the top brand in its commercial to be associated with the top brand's reputation in the mind of consumers. The top brand usually doesn't mention/show competing brands by name in order to keep the public from associating the products in their minds. So to me, Rand's strategy is one of a top competitor, at least in this marketing perspective.
    just like the wwf used to do. but we all knew flair was god.

At the end of the day Trump is a marketer. He is saying what "the people" want to hear. But he is not bound by any truth in advertising. I think it will feel good for awhile (maybe months) to get this out of people's system. The MSM and cable news gives him constant coverage. He will, I think, run out of outrageous things to say. We need something else to get the media's attention for awhile and the those candidates with clear and realistic messages will be heard with much more clarity.
    I think of Trumpisms like I think about what I would do if I won the lottery. It feels good for a bit to speculate but then reality returns and I go ahead with my life.

Sometimes skipping the cattle calls has worked out well for him. Like the one last month where everyone else went to stand in line, beg for money from the Koch's while the leftists and rump laughed and pointed. The Red State one turned out to be a disaster.

As for Iowa,
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Field-Nervous
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lyn-Des-Moines

Not to be overly disagreeable, but you are starting to flirt with tin-foil hat conspiracy theory craziness. The GOP does not need to use trickery to take out Trump, the guy is a walking gaffe machine that makes Joe Biden appear tame by comparison, he's also loaded with baggage from past business practices. You've been WAY too complementary of Trump to still be considered a Rand supporter, and I think several people have been right to question your motives.

And no, I'm not saying that the GOP establishment never pulls dirty tricks in order to put forth the candidate they like, but sometimes candidates lose because they are actually lousy and hold stupid positions. Have you heard the abject craziness coming out of Trump on foreign policy? At least Jeb has the decency to try and use conciliatory language and euphemisms when talking about going to war with the rest of the world.
    Maybe you were not here or have forgotten the games the GOP played against Ron being plastered all over this forum for his 2008 and 2012 campaigns.

My Trump comments are not intended to be complementary but rather as a prediction based on the reality of Trump being way ahead in the polls and his support that shows he is clearly not going away, the GOP rule changes and witnessing the shenanigans that take place every cycle. My Trump comments are not intended to promote him in this forum.

I am a long time Ron/Rand fan, been here since 07. I am supportive of Rand in the Senate, his Senate race and if you look at my posts I was on the edge of my seat yesterday cheering him on for the rule change vote.

I have not kept it secret in these forums that I may not support Rand for President due to his position on H1-B immigration and may support Trump if Rand loses the nomination.

Those questioning my motives are Rand's worst enemies and I question whether they are really true Rand supporters. If you are trying to win hearts and minds you at least try to convince me and others reading here why Rand is better on policy instead of attacking those just stating the facts or calling it as they see it.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-23-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Maybe you were not here or have forgotten the games the GOP played against Ron being plastered all over this forum for his 2008 and 2012 campaigns.

My Trump comments are not intended to be complementary but rather as a prediction based on the reality of Trump being way ahead in the polls and his support that shows he is clearly not going away, the GOP rule changes and witnessing the shenanigans that take place every cycle. My Trump comments are not intended to promote him in this forum.

I am a long time Ron/Rand fan, been here since 07. I am supportive of Rand in the Senate, his Senate race and if you look at my posts I was on the edge of my seat yesterday cheering him on for the vote to keep his senate seat.

I have not kept it secret in these forums that I may not support Rand for President due to his position on H1-B immigration and may support Trump if Rand loses the nomination.

Those questioning my motives are Rand's worst enemies and I question whether they are really true Rand supporters. If you are trying to win hearts and minds you at least try to convince me and others reading here why Rand is better on policy instead of attacking those just stating the facts or calling it as they see it.
    There was no vote yesterday to keep his senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    There was no vote yesterday to keep his senate seat.
    I see what I did there. I said "keep" his seat, of course I meant run for both at the same time.

They voted no on funding the caucus. Rand must pay for the caucus by coming up with 250k by September 18th which I assume is not an issue.

Rand Paul sells Kentucky GOP on presidential caucus
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...set-for-march/
    Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) avoided a major headache Saturday after Kentucky Republican Party approved a rule change that would allow him to run for president while seeking reelection to his Senate seat.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-23-2015 at 11:15 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Trump is stoppable. The question is who will be the one in the best position to win over his supporters, when he is stopped.
    I am sure the elites want either Hilary OR Bush. Trump is a fantastic distraction to keep people from thinking about not wanting Bush because of who he is related too. But WTF Trump is one of the elites he will most certainly act on their behalf I hope everyone here knows that.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primbs View Post
    You (all) should help us with organization of moneybomb. We need everyone.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

One of the biggest things I've noticed is Rand isn't sharing his data with anyone. He has no data agreements with any of the big data providers. He could cultivate a base of people who don't even show up on the radar of the establishment, who aren't the type to be polled. It's what makes him a contender for the nomination, his strategy means actually growing the party not going after voters everyone else is fighting for. These are people that will need extra motivation to show up though, he needs to break through the medias noise of his campaign dying, he needs to be that spark that lights the fire in their bellies.

i really dont think iowa is a big deal tbh...no one thats gotten the nomination ever really won iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Hardly anyone does anything constructive from here anymore. Certainly not like put out real effort to help get one of our guys elected. lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I've said for quite a while that Rand is making a huge mistake by skipping all of these Iowa events. I usually just get called a "troll" or whatever when I say that. Apparently we're just supposed to be content with a losing strategy and not actually make suggestions that would make it more likely for Rand to win the Iowa caucus and ultimately the GOP nomination.

I think it was not optimal to skip these events and it hurt Rand slightly. But I think the reason is twofold. One, he had to concentrate on getting Kentucky to approve the caucus election. Now that that's done he can pursue the presidency with full focus. Two, I think he was surprised how his numbers have gone down after the first debate. I think going to HAITI was also a way for him to reevaluate his messsage and figure out how to better communicate it to the electorate. I am waiting for him to go on the stump again and cant wait for the next debate. I think you're going to see a slightly different Rand Paul that is going to be more attuned to the grass roots and what they want to hear. I think the immigration surge with Trump caught everybody by surprise

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Trump will be taken out before Iowa, be it by gaffe scandal or bimbo explosion. There is plenty of mud to drag him through.
    Even if he is taken out he didn't rise to the top of the polls based on his celebrity status or his wealth, it was specifically his immigration plan that did it. If Rand wants those supporters he should adopt the Trump-Session plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I've said for quite a while that Rand is making a huge mistake by skipping all of these Iowa events. I usually just get called a "troll" or whatever when I say that. Apparently we're just supposed to be content with a losing strategy and not actually make suggestions that would make it more likely for Rand to win the Iowa caucus and ultimately the GOP nomination.
    The campaign is aware of your concerns, they just disagree with you.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

i really dont think iowa is a big deal tbh...no one thats gotten the nomination ever really won iowa.

Exactly; they are not typical...Christian and social conservative; they pick a loser every time. I don't understand why they get to be the first state. They get to meet all of the candidates for no good reason. They are poor judges of charaacter. I'm supposed to care what they think? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    yes it did.

the haiti trip isnt rand's. It is the University of Utah and he goes as part of a larger group of doctors.

It isnt like he had sole scheduling ability for something that has probably been scheduled for a year or longer now.

I'm glad he went and did the doctor thing. It shows he isnt going to flip flop around for politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Randal has done many dozens of Iowa events, if an Iowan wants personal contact it sounds like there has and will be plenty of opportunity.
    Yeah, it's not like he just decided to go to Haiti recently to dodge anything, I'm sure it was planned long ago. And he was going as part of their trip as he's done before.

Also yes, he has been and will be in Iowa many more times over the next 5 months.

One of the down-sides of going over to Haiti and helping out is being susceptible to a lot of nasty diseases. I've gone to Eastern Europe 3 times within the past few years and every time I've gone I've gotten sick. Just give it a few days and he'll be back to his old self.
    I'm surprised that more candidates aren't getting sick all the time. Traveling constantly, being exhausted, and shaking 1000's of hands a day seems like a recipe for catching something.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I am sure the elites want either Hilary OR Bush. Trump is a fantastic distraction to keep people from thinking about not wanting Bush because of who he is related too. But WTF Trump is one of the elites he will most certainly act on their behalf I hope everyone here knows that.
    41 Bush 43 Bush 45 Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Primbs View Post
    Rand should do anything he can to stand out in the most crowded field ever.

And going to Haiti to do things for poor people in a manner that's actually genuinely Christian--and maybe even make their lives in Haiti comfortable enough that they aren't looking to sneak in here--worked much better for him than standing around the fairgrounds getting embarrassing pictures taken of him eating corn dogs and trying to be heard over Trump's helicopter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    true, on a national level. but Iowans want personal contact. there are only 3 or 4 tickets out of Iowa. Trump and Bush have 2. Haiti did not have to be the same week as Iowa State fair.
    Being at the Iowa State Fair - with the clowns -

or doing eye surgery in Haiti (?)

What do you want your next President doing in August during the Senate recess before the Iran deal vote ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12