Thread: Hello RPF/Rand Paul Forum

Hello RPF/Rand Paul Forum

Though I've just signed up to the Forum I've been reading it for two years now. I'm a Kentuckian and I'm not interested in any of the other candidates. He had me at The Bill of Rights. I believe in the man and his message and I believe he can be President of the United States.
    I was in Frankfort this morning, shook his hand and told him so. He was pleased to hear it.
    I look forward to discussing the campaign and the issues with all of you.
    In Liberty!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Damn it man! You laid eyes on him this morning and didn't post a pic?

Welcome. Beautiful country you call home. I know we can win this thing. But we're going to have to stubbornly make a lot of things go right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Damn it man! You laid eyes on him this morning and didn't post a pic?

Welcome. Beautiful country you call home. I know we can win this thing. But we're going to have to stubbornly make a lot of things go right.
    I have one but sadly cannot figure out how to insert it. I pasted but it was ginormous.

RAND PAUL 2016!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by PCKY View Post
    I have one but sadly cannot figure out how to insert it. I pasted but it was ginormous.
    I post them to imgur, then link the 'large thumbnail' of it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-22-2015 at 03:51 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Yeah, photos can be too big. Even posting to imgur.com

My technique is to screenshot every image
    paste into MS paint
    crop it, save as jpg (use selector tool, copy, then create new blank image and paste)
    upload to imgur (right click imgur.com image after it finishes uploading and click "copy image URL")
    embed in posts as image by clicking "insert image" icon (3rd icon from right) and pasting my image URL I got from imgur.com

Seems like a lot of steps but isn't really and will work for any image, even stills from youtube.

By screenshotting/pasting into MS paint you make sure the size you are seeing is roughly the size others will see it as, assuming you're PC is typical resolution. Another handy trick is if a picture is too big, just hold CTRL & + or - sign to shrink/expand image then take your screenshot.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 08-22-2015 at 04:00 PM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome to RPF !!

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Yeah, photos can be too big. Even posting to imgur.com

My technique is to screenshot every image
    paste into MS paint
    crop it, save as jpg (use selector tool, copy, then create new blank image and paste)
    upload to imgur (right click imgur.com image after it finishes uploading and click "copy image URL")
    embed in posts as image by clicking "insert image" icon (3rd icon from right) and pasting my image URL I got from imgur.com

Seems like a lot of steps but isn't really and will work for any image, even stills from youtube.

By screenshotting/pasting into MS paint you make sure the size you are seeing is roughly the size others will see it as, assuming you're PC is typical resolution. Another handy trick is if a picture is too big, just hold CTRL & + or - sign to shrink/expand image then take your screenshot.
    Any tips for straight off your IPhone?

This forum will automatically make a thumbnail if the image is too big. You won't see it immediately after posting (it will still look big), but if you leave the thread and come back, you will see the smaller version with a link to see the bigger one.

BTW, welcome to RPFs.

Any tips for straight off your IPhone?
    Oh, no!

We might have to hack it...

if you upload it to imgur it will give you different sizes you can use too. Welcome to RPF, thanks for supporting liberty.

Ok...here goes what I have...
    Last edited by PCKY; 08-22-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Welcome to the forums!! Great to have you.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Ok...here goes what I have...
    You can only load it direct if you're a 'supporting member'. Otherwise, you have to put it on the 'net elsewhere and link it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ahh... Makes sense.

Ahh... Makes sense.
    To become a supporting member,
    go to your profile page and select the settings drop down menu.
    Under general settings, your will see where to mark your profile as a supporting member.
    it will then show on your postings under your name, as you can see it on mine to the left of this post.
    All done!
    Then post those pictures!!!

My wifes' family is from Kentucky!
    Andys Holler, just outside of Pikeville!

Welcome to the best Liberty Forums on the net!

Liberty I say!
    RAND PAUL 2016

Quote Originally Posted by American Nomad View Post
    To become a supporting member,
    go to your profile page and select the settings drop down menu.
    Under general settings, your will see where to mark your profile as a supporting member.
    it will then show on your postings under your name, as you can see it on mine to the left of this post.
    All done!
    Then post those pictures!!!

My wifes' family is from Kentucky!
    Andys Holler, just outside of Pikeville!

Welcome to the best Liberty Forums on the net!

Liberty I say!
    RAND PAUL 2016
    Thank you for the guidance and the warm welcome! I've spent most of my life around Louisville, Shelby and Oldham County. Very happy to be in Ky's 4th District with Thomas Massie!
    My mother's people are from Western Ky. My father was from NJ.