View Poll Results: Which two issues are going to be most important for GOP Primaries voters? ( select only two)

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immigration/Border control

28 58.33%
  • SWCcare

3 6.25%
  • Civil liberties

5 10.42%
  • Intervention in Syria/Iran

13 27.08%
  • National debt/Economy

30 62.50%
  • Gay marriage

1 2.08%
  • Other ( describe )

7 14.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which two issues are going to be most important for GOP Primaries voters?

It will be the issue of the day come primary season. Who knows what that will be.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    It will be the issue of the day come primary season. Who knows what that will be.
    The problems with the economy are not going anywhere any time soon. If Rand fails to address that he will lose.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The problems with the economy are not going anywhere any time soon. If Rand fails to address that he will lose.
    If he fails to address that? Where have you been hiding?

Just because NBC only shows him trashing the idiot in the race doesn't mean there isn't plenty of Rand plans for fixing the economy on the cutting room floor.

He's all over it. We're all over it. No one but Rand is promising to give small business enough room to breathe. No one.

And when they black that out, you can sit here and criticize Rand Paul for that in your best trollish manner all you want. We'll be out there telling people what the media won't.

We can flood your upwardly turned ass with light, so you could see if you had eyes back there. But we can't pry your head out of the sand for you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-23-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Just because NBC only shows him trashing the idiot in the race doesn't mean there isn't plenty of Rand plans for fixing the economy on the cutting room floor.

He's all over it. We're all over it. No one but Rand is promising to give small business enough room to breathe. No one.

And when they black that out, you can sit here and criticize Rand Paul for that in your best trollish manner all you want. We'll be out there telling people what the media won't.

We can flood your upwardly turned ass with light, so you could see if you had eyes back there. But we can't pry your head out of the sand for you.
    There is allot of time left. I said "if" he fails to address it.

You are Rand's worst enemy as a supporter. Instead of making the case for Rand for people coming here, it is always attacks against posters that reek of panicked desperation for Rand.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Yeaw pretty much it. Rand is talking about the economy but the media spends their time covering every Trump fart and dismissing Rand as already lost and they get a lot of help from people like Kahless.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

It isn't Rand's fault if his supporters do not go around to all corners of the earth standing up to crony capitalism, sharing his quotes, and his and their love for Israel for all to bear witness, as passionately as they can. Ron Paul's supporters were hungry and desperate to get his message out. Ron Paul signs covered the earth. The Rand Paul Girl gets it (has anyone tried to contact her yet)! If when/Trump falls how well will the public know of Rand's message? The media doesn't seem to do a good job of reporting it and there isn't a lot of pressure out there for it to do so.

Not sure how much of Trump-factor is at play here but some other GOP candidates seem to be recaliberating their issues stances lately.

Bush has started using stronger focus/language on this issue:

Jeb Bush defends saying 'anchor babies' as Democrats attack him
    Los Angeles Times-Aug 20, 2015
    Jeb Bush stands by his use of the term "anchor babies," prompting ....
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html

Carson who may have been earlier trying to find his groove on gay marriage issue (Ben Carson: Being Gay Is A Choice Because Of Prison Sex [VIDEO]) now seems to have joined the border control crowd:

Carson calls for drone strikes on border 'caves'

By Eric Bradner and Eugene Scott, CNN
    Sun August 23, 2015
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/23/politi...elicals-trump/

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    Does national debt/economy include Tax Plan?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwater's ghost View Post
    the economy and immigration for the GOP nomination. The economy and the economy for the national election. Immigration is becoming a huge issue not just here but in Europe also. In britain it just became the number one issue on voters minds and in countries like Germany, France, etc they are all getting fed up with their govts open door policies. Its time to close the borders and Rand better start addressing it
    You are right about Europe, saw on PBS news yesterday that Hungary is building the "iron "curtain" wall again.

For people with a lot of unresolved issues -- this could likely be related your PTSD -- cannabis can be very disturbing the first time or three. You're accessing your subconscious when you smoke cannabis, and that can bring up a lot of disturbing stuff that you've been repressing.

If you can find a relaxing environment, maybe meditate first, and try it again, you might do better. After those first couple of times when you shake out the terror cobwebs, you might find it is a good longterm tool for PTSD and dealing with what's been repressed in a gentler way; rather than keeping it repressed and waiting for it to explode from some other trigger. There's a reason a lot of vets with PTSD have medical cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I agree. Although I will tell you, I tried it several weeks ago and I thought I was dying. I have severe PTSD and panic attacks. The pot threw me into a severe panic attack. The feeling was "I don't really know where I am".... and peeps with PTSD always need to feel they are in control.

Pot is not for me, but I respect your right.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    You are Rand's worst enemy as a supporter. Instead of making the case for Rand for people coming here, it is always attacks against posters that reek of panicked desperation for Rand.
    You spend all day attacking Rand, and when his supporters attack you for it, you claim they're hurting him?

....the troll is strong with this one.

I put Other:
    Highest GOP priority is making sure we beat Obama as I don't think we can handle another 4 years
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Foreign interventions could become a bigger issue for anti-war GOP crowd:

New York Times

Obama Announces Halt of US Troop Withdrawal in Afghanistan

New York Times - ‎12 minutes ago‎

WASHINGTON - The United States will halt its military withdrawal from Afghanistan and instead keep thousands of troops in the country through the end of President Obama's term in 2017, Mr. Obama announced on Thursday, prolonging the American role in ...

SWCcare was supposed to make things better but opposite is happening.

Wed, Nov 18, 2015, 2:32pm EST

Why ‘affordable’ healthcare is leaving some families with sticker shock

Whether you purchase healthcare through an employer or via the federal marketplace, sticker prices can be deceiving. Annual premiums for employer-sponsored family health plans grew only 4% this year, on par with 3% growth in 2014, according to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation. Likewise, the cost of an average 2016 benchmark silver plan on the federal healthcare marketplace remained relatively stable after factoring in tax credits, down 0.2% year over year, compared to a 1% increase in premiums in 2015.

And yet, Americans feel more squeezed by health care expenses than ever. The culprit? Higher costs in the form of deductibles, coinsurance and copayments.

“We’ve seen relatively modest premium growth but higher deductibles is the trade-off there,” says Matthew Rae, a senior policy analyst for at the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. “If you’re an employer, there are only so many things you can do to reduce the cost of a plan. Many have chosen to increase cost sharing.”

The share of workers enrolled in plans with an annual deductible — the amount they must pay before the insurer starts picking up at least part of the tab — increased from 55% in 2006 to 81% in 2015, according to Kaiser. Over that same period, the average deductible more than tripled from $303 to $1,077.

Growth in deductibles has far outstripped the rise in premiums for people signing up for insurance through the federal marketplace, Healthcare.gov. In 2016, the average deductible for an individual enrolled in a benchmark silver plan rose 6%, from $2,927 to $3,117, according to HealthPocket, a healthcare research firm. The average deductible for a family increased 8%, from $6,010 to $6,480.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/afford...210458535.html

The Cost to Obtain Health Insurance Through Your Employer Is Soaring -- Here Are the Real Reasons Why

Your employer expects you to foot a greater portion of the bill for your health insurance, and we have the numbers to prove it!

Image source: Flickr user B Rosen.
    My wallet hurts just thinking about healthcare costs. A new study from the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research & Educational Trust provides evidence that the amount the average American has to pay out of their own pocket for employer-sponsored health insurance is rising even further at an exceptionally fast pace.
    The average American is fighting a losing battle with healthcare costs
    The 2015 Employer Health Benefits Survey from the Kaiser Family Foundation/HRET interviewed nearly 3,200 non-federal public and private firms with three or more employees. The purpose of this annual study is to analyze the scope of employer-sponsored health benefits around the country. What it found should come as no shock if you obtain health insurance coverage through your employer, which is something that 48% of the nation does based on 2013 data from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
    The primary finding is that over the past decade businesses are passing the costs of healthcare along to their employees at an increasing rate. Between 2005 and 2015 the average annual insurance premium for workers rose by 61% to $17,545 from $10,880. However, workers' contribution rose at an even faster clip, increasing 83% to an average of $4,955 per year from a decade prior.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...mpaign=article

Muslims and Mexicans
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Winner!

With Our friends in the republican party this M&M problem can be solved. All we have to do is build walls, drop bombs, round up brown people and ship them to Mars! Anybody who opposes is an anti-American isolationist.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

I still think Trump is a v plant introduced to siphon off support from Rand. Unless the average neo-con primary voter have an epiphany before they vote, they'll vote for somebody who will kill isis and that alone will be the issue. If Trump were a real "anti-establishment" candidate, he'd be getting the same coverage Ron got in 2012. And this has Hillary and the Democrats laughing their butts off. So, I've been talking with some friends I have in the US and sold my case for Rand Paul. But I always asked them what their main issues are (usually 2 or 3) and what he wants to do. It's been gradual but I didn't throw all the issues in their face so they would be completely confused and annoyed. Hopefully, our chats will continue to grow!

Finally, there is some mention in media about "issues" in an alection race lately dominated by "personalities".

Sanders and Trump Voters Are More Skeptical of War Than Clinton, Cruz Voters

2016-04-02

A PEW POLL released this week finds that Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders voters share a more skeptical view of U.S. military adventurism than Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton supporters.
    On most other issues, Democratic and Republican voters find themselves diametrically opposed, but this issue splits each party.
    Only 25 percent of Cruz voters and 28 percent of Clinton voters say “U.S. global involvement makes things worse,” while 38 percent of Trump supporters and 45 percent of Sanders supporters take the same view.
    Another atypical issue is Social Security, where overwhelming majorities of voters for all five remaining presidential candidates think payments should not be reduced — despite the fact that both Cruz and John Kasich advocate gradually raising the retirement age or other benefit reductions.
    Source: Survey conducted March 17-27, 2016. Based on registered voters.

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/02/...n-cruz-voters/

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12