Thread: Rachel Maddow is trying to convince KY GOP to reject Rand Paul

Rachel Maddow is trying to convince KY GOP to reject Rand Paul

It's very slick,

First she runs this segment about tension within the party.
    msnbc.c om/rachel-maddow/watch/rising-democratic-star-puts-paul-on-defense-510704195909

Then she runs this segment, where she tries to show what will happen to the party, in her mind, if Rand stays in both races.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand said he is running regardless of the decision today. They are behind closed door meetings right now, been a little over an hour. Decision from KY GOP coming in soon, aides think coin flip, Rand thinks they will approve it.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Rand isn't the only person holding public office running for president. The technicality is he's running for reelection the same exact year
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

well they tried to pass a law to where he could appear twice on the state ballot, but the liberal ky state congress rejected it

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    well they tried to pass a law to where he could appear twice on the state ballot, but the liberal ky state congress rejected it
    Of course they did, because they're spiteful $#@!s.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If he wasn't floundering in the Primary, these jackals wouldn't even be out. They sense that he's weak.

Maddow? Nobody listens to him.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry View Post
    Maddow? Nobody listens to him.
    I liked her when she played Wesley Crusher in Star Trek The Next Generation.

Last edited by kahless; 08-22-2015 at 10:44 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    If he wasn't floundering in the Primary, these jackals wouldn't even be out. They sense that he's weak.
    Oh yeah. That must be it. They're just mindless sharks sniffing for blood in the water. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that their corporate sponsors don't want us to be set free to open small businesses and compete with them on a level playing field. It couldn't be that their MIC sponsors don't want someone who says we can't afford the wars that we can't afford. It couldn't be that the banks that own the Fed don't want us to stop borrowing, and don't want us to use some kind of currency that holds its value.

Those corporate sponsors couldn't possibly demand that their propagandists be proactive or lose their sponsorship. No one could be trying to drive the conversation toward a specific goal. They have to just be mindless sharks sniffing for blood in the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Jan2017

. . .Maddow knows Rand would win Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Colorado away from team Blue . . . doesn't s/he (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    . . .Maddow knows Rand would win Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Colorado away from team Blue . . . doesn't s/he (?)

Now, see, you can see that, and I can see that. And torpedoing Rand is obviously the way to prevent that, and ensure yet another GOP loss. But, of course Fox can't see that, because AuH2O says they're not controlled opposition, so they must just be mindless sharks sniffing for blood in the water. So it must be true.

Either that or it's just another heaping helping of steaming Fox$#@!.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-22-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Well the trumpsters will be happy. She and Trump are on the same page.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

I cannot stand her.

I'm pretty sure Kentucky Republicans like Rand Paul a lot more than they like Rachel Maddow.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.