Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horse Meat Found in Other Ground Meat Sold in U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I have no objection to horse meat...my problem is the deceptive practices. If I am buying horse meat then say so and I will buy it or I wont, but don't package it with a label saying, "Beef." The cross-contamination of the meats is a problem as well.
    Tis' also unclean.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Paleo brony

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bet Allen isn't selling us horse meat.

Reminds me, got to go get a freezer load.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Tis' also unclean.
    I didn't say I would eat it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bet Allen isn't selling us horse meat.

Reminds me, got to go get a freezer load.
    Yep on both counts. That's why it is good to buy local and get to know the ranchers and farmers--then you know what you are eating.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    There are many millions of people who would say the same thing about cattle.
    I don't doubt that. Hell, there's "whackos" that are crying about plants getting chopped up and eaten. Fact is, cattle wouldn't even exist were it not for meat, leather, and dairy markets.

I didn't say I would eat it.
    I'm sure our local bronies appreciate that.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Anyone that eats a dog, cat, or a horse unless they are starving, is reprehensible IMO.
    Yeah, and besides that, they aren't even kosher.

horse meat, which is illegal to sell in the U.S.
    Isn't this the real story they should be complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yeah, and besides that, they aren't even kosher.
    I looked that up and found that interesting doc. Cud chewing and cloven hooves, and one but not the other. Seems that the outbreaks of Mad Cow disease by not adhering to husbandry practices were also for told.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I looked that up and found that interesting doc. Cud chewing and cloven hooves, and one but not the other. Seems that the outbreaks of Mad Cow disease by not adhering to husbandry practices were also for told.
    Indeed. Leviticus 11:7 is there for a reason.

Chester Copperpot

Legalize horse meat - what's wrong with it?

Oh ya.. I forgot, little girls everywhere will flip the $#@! out.
    it has been recently legalized

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    it has been recently legalized
    link?

"While a steer may be downed with one bolt to the head, the horse with its different anatomy and temperament)can take up to twelve blows in order to stun it before being dismembered. (Note that I didn't say KILL it, I said STUN it.)"
    "This is a companion animal. The FDA has classified it as a non food companion animal not due to sentiment but because horses in the US can receive up to 115 different types of drugs in their lifetime, making them completely unfit for human consumption. They even stopped using horse meat in pet food back in the seventies because it was killing dogs!" - Lyn Otoole NPR post

link?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95S00820130629

Congress Blocks Slaughtering Horses For Meat In U.S.

JANUARY 17, 2014

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/01/17/263123572/congress-blocks-slaughtering-horses-for-meat-in-u-s

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Congress Blocks Slaughtering Horses For Meat In U.S.

JANUARY 17, 2014

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/01/17/263123572/congress-blocks-slaughtering-horses-for-meat-in-u-s

Yes, in April 2015 from what I understand. However, their blocking didn't prevent what happened in the OP.

One of the things that is dangerous about horse meat is that lots of horses get a drug called phenylbutazone (or Bute) which is dangerous to humans.

Yes, in April 2015 from what I understand. However, their blocking didn't prevent what happened in the OP.

One of the things that is dangerous about horse meat is that lots of horses get a drug called phenylbutazone (or Bute) which is dangerous to humans.
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/f...t-bute-q-and-a
    Yes, and it doesn't matter how long it's been either. If a horse has ever gotten Bute it's dangerous. This has killed a lot of dogs in dog food I hear too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12