Thread: on Drudge.. shock poll!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This poll validates the prediction from weeks ago that Trump's popularity will rise as people learn more about him. All that most people knew of Trump was his character on The Apprentice and his caricature created by the MSM. As people actually hear him speak and debate, his favorability is going up and his race against Democrat challengers tightens in Trump's favor.

As the campaign season progresses and barring any major missteps or outings, Trump's popularity will continue to rise among all voters -- not just the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    This poll validates the prediction from weeks ago that Trump's popularity will rise as people learn more about him. All that most people knew of Trump was his character on The Apprentice and his caricature created by the MSM. As people actually hear him speak and debate, his favorability is going up and his race against Democrat challengers tightens in Trump's favor.

As the campaign season progresses and barring any major missteps or outings, Trump's popularity will continue to rise among all voters -- not just the GOP.
    Lol, please.

If they "learned more about him" they would see he is a combination of David Siegel, Steve Wynn, and Sheldon Adelson - except with a louder mouth. After years of bribing politicians to do his dirty work, now he thinks he can cut out the middleman.

Sadler, you are either a paid shill or a moron.

This poll had nothing to do with "liking" anything about Trump, but was merely a feedback mechanism asking who they thought would win.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Please leave. Seriously.

You are in for a huge disappointment at the end of January after the Iowa Caucus.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Don't listen to these other posters. Please stay around and continue to pump the Trump fantasy. It is such entertainment.

Trump will be crushed so badly in a general election it's quite sad.

This election cycle so far is a perfect argument for federalism and state's rights. Being from NJ, Trump has an approval rating with actual humans of about -23%. But the Middle America crowd who seem to have never met a used car salesman before seem to love this idiot.

I would like my live, liberty and property to be separated from the mindless decisions being made by "fly over" country.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump controls the room like no other. Go rewatch his NH Townhall. It was an exercise in nonverbal communication. He expresses himself as the anti-politician. The other candidates are at a disadvantage because they are not accustomed to laying down their guard and conducting a personal, off-the-cuff conversation with the voters.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-21-2015 at 12:30 PM.

This poll validates the prediction from weeks ago that Trump's popularity will rise as people learn more about him.
    “When it comes to policy, I’m going to give you wonderful policy positions.” - Donald Trump

I guess you're right.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This poll validates the prediction from weeks ago that Trump's popularity will rise as people learn more about him.
    No it doesn't. This poll doesn't indicate that Trump's popularity has risen. It only indicates that a lot of people think he will win the nomination. They're wrong, of course.

“When it comes to policy, I’m going to give you wonderful policy positions.” - Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Trump controls the room like no other. Go rewatch his NH Townhall. It was an exercise in nonverbal communication. He expresses himself as the anti-politician. The other candidates are at a disadvantage because they are not accustomed to laying down their guard and conducting a personal, off-the-cuff conversation with the voters.
    So I'll get flamed for going Godwin's law....so be it............but this ^ is exactly how facism comes to town.

That's what Hitler did too in the 30's. An alternative...a real Cult of Personality. A flaming moron who uttered nothing but platitudes to the masses laying out all their problems but offering no solutions.

While people who want substantive ideas sat back and shook their head in disbelief that people could fall for this. Some laughed....

They weren't lauging in 1936 I'll tell you. I doubt very seriously you will get what you think if somehow this jacknut gets the Oval office next year.

And here we are on this site praising someone's charisma. Geez.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

auh2o writes: Trump controls the room like no other. Go rewatch his NH Townhall. It was an exercise in nonverbal communication. He expresses himself as the anti-politician. The other candidates are at a disadvantage because they are not accustomed to laying down their guard and conducting a personal, off-the-cuff conversation with the voters.

...love him or hate him, anyone honest who gets around and talks/listens to others must acknowledge a surprising/shocking number of people who love him..or hate him less than the other stinking republicans...he 'puts asses in the seats'...something some decent candidate could use to their advantage at the next 'debate'...alas, the holy grail!..a decent candidate...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 08-21-2015 at 01:39 PM.

This is not Herman Cain by any stretch of the imagination....

Time reported something similar from last weekend’s Iowa State Fair

The state trooper in charge of the event told the governor that in all his years working the fair, he had never seen a candidate mobbed like Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    You are in for a huge disappointment at the end of January after the Iowa Caucus.
    I doubt it, since I don't see how the US can avoid the historical empire collapse. This is interesting to watch, and it would be even more interesting to see Trump in the WH, but the trend in the US is down -- not up. The challenge for individuals who love prosperity and liberty is to seek it out on their own -- not as a group. Even in collapse, the smart and prepared will fare well.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    One of you guys is wrong. ^^^^^

So what you're trying to say is..

A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wait wait wait, I found a better one

A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

HAHAH Someone sounds aroused!!! Nothing like a good dose of teh Donald to cure that erectile dysfunction eh AUH20?

...and his race against Democrat challengers tightens in Trump's favor.

Firstly, your powers of prognostication are faulty. This is just the same old Fox$#@!. McCain decided to sling red meat, and it lost him the general election. So did Romney with his 'accidental' publication of 'secret feelings' about 'the 47%'. By playing up Trump, you're telling Republicans how to lose again. You aren't discussing anything substantive at all. You're just trying to reinforce the usual wet dream that the American public will suddenly lose their minds and go overwhelmingly for whomever slings the most red meat. It's the same 'encourage the Republicans to shoot themselves in the foot' Fox$#@! that bought us eight years of Obama. And it has no place in a forum dedicated to the one Republican candidate that polls indicate could beat Clinton if the general election were held today.

Which is why I'm giving you this neg rep. Enjoy.

I doubt it, since I don't see how the US can avoid the historical empire collapse. This is interesting to watch, and it would be even more interesting to see Trump in the WH, but the trend in the US is down -- not up. The challenge for individuals who love prosperity and liberty is to seek it out on their own -- not as a group. Even in collapse, the smart and prepared will fare well.
    Ah, yes. Isn't it heartwarming to see how the spewers of this Fox$#@! trollery love this country and everyone in it?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-22-2015 at 06:59 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Trumphilia is strong on this thread.

Yeah greatt he an make idiots drool. He is a clown with no substance or grasp of real policy his proposals are huge jokes
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

This is not Herman Cain by any stretch of the imagination....

Time reported something similar from last weekend’s Iowa State Fair

The same thing would happen if Tom Cruise ran for president. But when people all around Iowa get together in their caucuses and give their reasons for supporting one candidate over another, and then vote on them, by the time that voting happens, there won't be many people there picking Trump. In fact, hardly any of those throngs of star-struck lemmings cheering for Trump will even consider wasting their time at a boring old caucus.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    HAHAH Someone sounds aroused!!! Nothing like a good dose of teh Donald to cure that erectile dysfunction eh AUH20?
    This is the dumbest comment I've read all day.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    If they "learned more about him" they would see he is a combination of David Siegel, Steve Wynn, and Sheldon Adelson
    First, they'd have to learn more about David Siegel, Steve Wynn, and Sheldon Adelson. Because nobody knows who those people are. Sheldon Adelson, the most well-known, might have 2% name recognition.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

...?some of you are surprised that so many republicans could be suckered by trump...but isn't it a major tenet of rand paul's campaign to 'sucker' these same 'conservatives' into voting for a 'libertarian?'

...it seems to me, when compared to trump, rand sucks at suckering suckers......but keep a stiff upper lip..in the 'murkan republicrat circus there's a sucker born every minute!...

Some days I come here and wonder if I accidentally stumbled onto the Donald Trump forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolidge/Dawes '24 View Post
    This is the dumbest comment I've read all day.
    Then you should get out more often.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

He is also a giant media vacuum- sucking up all the attention from the other candidates. They are having a hard time getting noticed right now. Trump is the only one anybody hears about. He is a master of self- promotion of the Trump brand.

"Who do you think will win" is not necessarily the same response as "who do you intend to vote for if the election were held today"? It is a measure of name recognition- and nobody can compete with Trump on that.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-23-2015 at 12:30 PM.