Thread: Twenty times Trump has changed his mind since June

Twenty times Trump has changed his mind since June

ht: John R. Lott, Jr. on Facebook

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...nd-since-june/

Donald Trump, the Republican presidential front-runner, has done a lot of things no other GOP candidate this year would dare try: pick a fight with Fox News. Bad-mouth prisoners of war. Wear Palm Beach casual-wear to the Iowa State Fair. Tell small children he is Batman.

But this might be the most daring: Trump seems to be making up his own platform as he goes along.

Looking back over his interviews and speeches, it appears that Trump came into the race with only a vague idea -- or perhaps no idea -- how he wanted to handle some major, obvious, policy issues. So, when someone pointed out a new wrinkle that Trump hadn't thought of, he came up with a new answer. And then another.

On some issues, Trump's campaign has gone through more than half a dozen plans in two months. And counting. For instance:

Donald Trump’s plan to defeat the Islamic State.

Version #1: Find a guy.

“Within our military, I will find the General Patton or I will find General MacArthur, I will find the right guy. I will find the guy that’s going to take that military, and make it really work. ” (June 16, presidential campaign kickoff speech)

Version #2: [Secret plan]

Bill O’Reilly, Fox News Channel: “Are you telling me you are going to send American ground troops into Syria?”

Trump: “I'm not telling you anything.” (June 16)

This bubble is going to pop. And we need to be ready for it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I get the perception that he says what he thinks at any given moment and is figuring it out as he goes along. I think this would be a good opposition thread to Trump if you guys were inclined to have one.

He's evolving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I get the perception that he says what he thinks at any given moment and is figuring it out as he goes along. I think this would be a good opposition thread to Trump if you guys were inclined to have one.
    Yes. He constantly improvises. It's salesmanship. It's the same thing he does as an entertainer and a businessman. He doesn't actually stand for anything other than his own personal advancement. He is a sociopath who wants to be #1, and all the rest of the world is a bunch of pawns for him to manipulate on his way to that.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

Yes, that's why, instead of stomping supporters of Trump and others, I have to tried to show where Rand stood prior to Trumps uptick.

I'm getting a fairly good response on FB (30k+ private group) from the 2011 video, posted here a few days ago of Rand's position on "anchor babies" and abortion, that I shared there. Lots of likes and re-sharing.

More stuff like that needs to be passed along, showing/reminding that Rand stood for certain things before Trump "evolved".
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Yes, that's why, instead of stomping supporters of Trump and others, I have to tried to show where Rand stood prior to Trumps uptick.

I'm getting a fairly good response on FB (30k+ private group) from the 2011 video, posted here a few days ago of Rand's position on "anchor babies" and abortion, that I shared there. Lots of likes and re-sharing.

More stuff like that needs to be passed along, showing/reminding that Rand stood for certain things before Trump "evolved".
    I appreciate that. My mind tells me you're doing the right thing. My heart is sick of seeing them use this website as a platform for recruitment.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    While Trump wouldn't be a good president, his appeal is something that needs to be understood.

The best thing to me is that he has made Bush a second rate story. Bush is not the front runner and that is a good result I think.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    While Trump wouldn't be a good president, his appeal is something that needs to be understood.

The best thing to me is that he has made Bush a second rate story. Bush is not the front runner and that is a good result I think.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I think there are still plenty here who would entertain that if we could keep the Trump nutsuckers from hijacking it. I doubt it though.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

but the bubble could break too late for Rand to win, or even after the convention, or maybe during his time as president.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    but the bubble could break too late for Rand to win, or even after the convention, or maybe during his time as president.
    Rand is done if he doesn't perform well in NH and Iowa. Probably going to need a top 2 finish somewhere.

No Trump fan here, but it almost sounds like a candidate trying to craft a message based on what the voters think.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    I highly doubt it. Trump's supporters like having him on TV. But they don't really want him to be President. Even if he doesn't drop out of the race before the Iowa caucuses like he did last time, he won't perform well in them. And once the jig is up, he won't perform well in very many other places either. If he gets enough votes to help keep an establishment candidate from breaking the 50% threshold in a lot of states, I'll be glad to see him do that (although I doubt he will stay in the race if it gets to the point that dropping out would help the establishment candidate win). But he isn't going to be the Republican nominee.

Trump hasn't REALLY been attacked yet. He's done as soon as the real attacks begin. That article has so much material for some 30 second ads, the question is who has enough money to go after him this early. Only Bush does, and I hope he does it. I read an article recently that said after labor day, the attacks on Trump will begin.

No way will Trump survive if the stuff in that article is made into ads making fun of him for making $#@! up as he goes along. Trump will again be considered a joke, and that's the key. You can't just attack Trump with logical arguments. Humor has to be used, and this article is a perfect example of that. He needs to be turned back into a joke. That's how you beat him.

But here's the interesting thing: While voting Americans don't really like Trump for president, they will vote for someone who presents the policies he's outlining. I hope Rand is paying attention. He, Rubio, and Cruz were all sent to Washington with the idea that they represent us. They have largely ignored the issues American voters think are important, and they haven't really raised too much of a stink about they way McConnell and Boehner have been complicit with this administration and the enemies of the U.S.

Trump is talking about those things. Voters are turning out to hear them.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump: Make America Great Again S#!* up!

Put that at the end of the ad and play that $#@! over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter on Facebook
    Trumps job is to overshadow Rand Paul and Ted Cruz in the media. Rand was gaining quickly and something had to be done about it.
    Rand was talking about holding the entire federal government to the Constitution. He was reaching out with sensible policy that was drawing in the poor and blacks that used to vote democrat. He was for limiting federal spending and returning "programs" back to the States as is Constitutional.
    They could not let Rands momentum or message be heard.
    So, they sent in Controlled Opposition, and feigned outrage. But their controlled opposition candidate is getting all of the media.
    This was my response on a FB post today about Trumps rally yesterday, where his jet circled the statdium, that got so much media attention.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

And every time he does, Trumpsters say "Right on! man of principles"
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.