Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My turn! 50 lbs. lost since April...still on the journey

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?480632-My-turn!-50-lbs-lost-since-April-still-on-t

Inspired by Terry1's thread yesterday, I thought I'd go ahead and post my progress today.
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 10-24-2015 at 11:10 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You look fantastic, CC! Congratulations!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I have gained 18 pounds since April. In my defense most of that has been since I quit smoking and drinking.

But good job. That's pretty impressive for anyone.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Congratulations from someone who hasn't stepped on a scale in over 35 years.....

Congrats..you look great!

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I have gained 18 pounds since April. In my defense most of that has been since I quit smoking and drinking.

I always assumed if I quit drinking I'd lose a bunch of weight. I probably get like 3000 calories a week from beer.

When I want to control my appetite, I look at pictures of Hilary Clinton
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

WOW!!! I am IMPRESSED. Great job, Cajun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    huge win!!!!! very happy for you
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Fantastic! You look great!
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

That is great, congratulations !! I weigh only 104 pounds because I drink and smoke. So I'm very impressed you could give those up and reap healthy benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Inspired by Terry1's thread yesterday, I thought I'd go ahead and post my progress today.

Congratulations !!!! I know you must feel fabulous, and very proud of yourself. As, we are proud of you !!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I always assumed if I quit drinking I'd lose a bunch of weight. I probably get like 3000 calories a week from beer.
    I keep wondering if Bill is the one leaking all this information. Listening to that shrill beotch's voice, and sarcism, and knowing she beat the crap out of him in the White House; you know he is probably the number one cheerleader for putting her in the pokey for 10 to 20.

I've put on 5-10 lbs lean mass in that time frame. Wish it were more, but I haz a fast metabolism and have trouble gaining weight. /hard gainer problems
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-19-2015 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I've put on 5-10 lbs lean mass in that time from. Wish it were more, but I haz a fast metabolism and have trouble gaining weight. /hard gainer problems
    I would like to gain a few lbs but I can't control where it goes. I want it in my hips, booty or boobs but it ends up in my tummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post

Wow! you look great Cajun! 50 lbs is awesome gal. Are you on Weight Watchers or anything like that? I like your hair with the bangs too. I should've fixed my hair before I took that selfie, but I'd just woke up an hour before with a head band I pulled off for the pic.
    Last edited by Terry1; 08-19-2015 at 07:17 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've put on 5-10 lbs lean mass in that time from. Wish it were more, but I haz a fast metabolism and have trouble gaining weight. /hard gainer problems
    My brother always had problems gaining weight. He was always real skinny. He used to make egg nog and drink that all of the time when he started lifting weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I would like to gain a few lbs but I can't control where it goes. I want it in my hips, booty or boobs but it ends up in my tummy.
    That's where all of my weight goes--straight to my ass, boobs and hips--I'll be happy to give you some of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    AFAIK, the only way you can really "target" a specific area on the body is lipo. The way you gain flab is determined mostly by genetics. As long as your boobies stay perky, no need to worry about that. Myself and Mr Animal will appreciate you.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I wish we could swap out. I'm 5'3 1/2" and weigh 104 pounds. I have never had interest in eating. I'm surprised I'm still here, frankly. But I do wish I could gain weight. Since I was a kid, I would be outside playing and Mom would call me in for dinner. I would stuff the food in my pocket, tell her finished and run out the door to play again. I haven't changed a bit. Then in later years, like NOW, wine and cigarettes kill my appetite.

I make elaborate dinners for the family, and barely touch any of it myself. My daughter has weight challenges, weighing 250. What's funny is I act like an Italian mama pushing food into her from the time she was a baby. I push my family to eat, but I have no interest.

I'm just wondering if these food issues, whether too much or not enough, are from heredity, vaccines, environment in some way.

Nevertheless, I'm so proud of you and will pass this thread along to my daughter.

Cute, cute!

I wonder if we could have a fitness and weight loss thread?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

this thread inspired me to exercise for an hour today. never again, i can't move my knees
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    this thread inspired me to exercise for an hour today. never again, i can't move my knees
    Yes you can !! Just don't over do it... start with 5 minutes, then 5 minutes tomorrow, 5 minutes for a week; then go to 7 minutes for a week ... build up slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I wish we could swap out. I'm 5'3 1/2" and weigh 104 pounds. I have never had interest in eating. I'm surprised I'm still here, frankly. But I do wish I could gain weight. Since I was a kid, I would be outside playing and Mom would call me in for dinner. I would stuff the food in my pocket, tell her finished and run out the door to play again. I haven't changed a bit. Then in later years, like NOW, wine and cigarettes kill my appetite.

I make elaborate dinners for the family, and barely touch any of it myself. My daughter has weight challenges, weighing 250. What's funny is I act like an Italian mama pushing food into her from the time she was a baby. I push my family to eat, but I have no interest.

I'm just wondering if these food issues, whether too much or not enough, are from heredity, vaccines, environment in some way.

Nevertheless, I'm so proud of you and will pass this thread along to my daughter.
    I have the same issue as you. I simply don't like to eat all that much. I weigh about 120lbs at 5'7". I gave my brother all my food, now I give it to my kid. It's not healthy and I know it, but damn, I got fat during my pregnancy and that felt horrible.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post

If you could stop smoking you'd get your appetite back. Which I suppose you know.

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Cute, cute!

I wonder if we could have a fitness and weight loss thread?
    If you do, could you include "weight gain"? I'm a hard-gainer, and have difficulty gaining weight. (I'm sure the women would love this problem, but it's not fun when you're trying to put on mass for sport performance, making a certain weight class, and muscle gain and general life)

If you do, could you include "weight gain"? I'm a hard-gainer, and have difficulty gaining weight. (I'm sure the women would love this problem, but it's not fun when you're trying to put on mass for sport performance, making a certain weight class, and muscle gain and general life)
    you can have mine

- Edward R. Murrow

I'm a hard-gainer, and have difficulty gaining weight....muscle gain and general life
    It takes years, man. Just do it. Make sure you eat right and whatnot. I've gained 20 lbs in the last few weeks since I started lifting again with the boy. I was only doing it once a week and now I'm back to 4 times a week. I fluctuate like mad depending on how much time I'm putting in. And, of course, your chemistry matters, too.

I think you're tall and thin aren't you? You had mentioned that some place around here. You're likely working on tendon strength. Something as simple as changing the way that you walk and move your body makes a difference. Technically you can work out all day long just doing normal things that you do.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-19-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I have the same issue as you. I simply don't like to eat all that much. I weigh about 120lbs at 5'7". I gave my brother all my food, now I give it to my kid. It's not healthy and I know it, but damn, I got fat during my pregnancy and that felt horrible.
    I heard good things about cyproheptadine.

AFAIK, the only way you can really "target" a specific area on the body is lipo. The way you gain flab is determined mostly by genetics. As long as your boobies stay perky, no need to worry about that. Myself and Mr Animal will appreciate you.
    Then why, each and every time I've lost weight, do my boobs go first? Lipo is for the after loss problem areas though, right? I've often wondered for all that extra skin after massive losses, if there was a program for skin donation to burn victims - that had decent surgeons that wouldn't leave people looking like Frankenstein.

WTG Terry!
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast