Thread: Corporations are not people on the ballot 2016

Corporations are not people on the ballot 2016

Title of Petition: Constitutional Amendment to Declare, “Corporations Are Not People, Money Is
    Not Speech”

Initiative Petition
    to amend the
    Massachusetts Constitution
    to declare that
    "Corporations are not people, money is not speech”
    The Constitution of the Commonwealth is hereby amended by inserting at the end thereof the
    following Article of Amendment:
    Section 1. Corporations are not people and may be regulated. The rights afforded
    to the human inhabitants of the Commonwealth, under this Constitution, are not
    applicable to corporations, limited liability companies or any other corporate
    entity. Any references to persons, citizens, inhabitants, subjects, men, people,
    individuals or like terms in this Constitution, are not to be construed in any way to
    be referring to a corporation, limited liability company or other corporate entities.
    Corporations, limited liability companies and any other corporate entity shall do
    business in this state under the regulation of laws passed by the legislature which
    shall set the rights of such entities to do business to promote the common good and
    strengthen the social compact of this Commonwealth.
    Section 2. Money is not free speech and may be regulated. To protect our political
    process and the functioning of government to serve in the best interests of the
    citizens of the Commonwealth, money shall not be considered free speech. The
    legislature shall have the power to regulate the raising and spending of money and
    in-kind equivalents for any primary or election of a public official and for ballot
    measures. This shall include regulation of any advertising for or against any
    candidate in a primary or election for public office and any ballot measure.
    Section 3. Nothing contained in this Amendment shall be construed to abridge the
    freedom of the press.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Corpo...14516701957710

So what do you think? I like almost everything. Except the social compact wording that has always been a pet peeve i'v had about this states constitution.
    What is a mystery to me is what then is considered a corporation and the requirement to register a business. After all freedom of association is a right of the people including for contractual purposes like business. It seems like they would just not get a license to do business in the state and not be regulated any different than the people. Which i'm certainly for if that is the end result. ARNARCHY!!! well almost. It's state enforced anarchy.
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 08-18-2015 at 02:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    Title of Petition: Constitutional Amendment to Declare, “Corporations Are Not People, Money Is
    Not Speech”

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Corpo...14516701957710

So what do you think? I like almost everything. Except the social compact wording that has always been a pet peeve i'v had about this states constitution.
    What is a mystery to me is what then is considered a corporation and the requirement to register a business. After all freedom of association is a right of the people including for contractual purposes like business. It seems like they would just not get a license to do business in the state and not be regulated any different than the people. Which i'm certainly for if that is the end result. ARNARCHY!!! well almost. It's state enforced anarchy.
    Corporations are not people... depends on the working definitions of both "people" and "corporations".

Money is not speech? It can be, because it is an instrument of expression.

As usual the stupid people in Massachusetts gets it fundamentally, profoundly, and even dangerously wrong. What else can we expect from a state whose population is so damnably stupid, cowardly, and despicably compliant that they allowed what amounted to an army to march their streets and drive them from their homes? When the collapse comes, assuming it does, I will shed no tear when news comes that MA as such no longer exists.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Corporations are not people... depends on the working definitions of both "people" and "corporations".

Money is not speech? It can be, because it is an instrument of expression.

As usual the stupid people in Massachusetts gets it fundamentally, profoundly, and even dangerously wrong. What else can we expect from a state whose population is so damnably stupid, cowardly, and despicably compliant that they allowed what amounted to an army to march their streets and drive them from their homes? When the collapse comes, assuming it does, I will shed no tear when news comes that MA as such no longer exists.
    I agree, the state i'm in should have been in full revolt. It didn't happen and we may very well get whatever is coming in the future. I deserve it, we all do for doing nothing, i was only a few towns over from where the military style raids happened (Watertown) and where the bombers lived (New bedford).
    The benefit of what i see here in this amendment is that it will at least delineate what a corporation is not. IMO it should not be recognized as anything else but an voluntary association of people (individuals). Corporations should not be regulated or granted privileges different than people since there is no difference between one person or a hundred or more individuals brought together for commerce.
    Hopefully this amendment through the courts, will call into question the legal authority of the state to regulate people since they do have rights as indicated in the amendment, and of those, is the right to voluntarily associate for business or anything else. The statist whom wish to regulate individuals through government and this amendment will have to come to the conclusion they are regulating individuals with rights which they as individuals have no right to do. Absent any cognitive dissonance the constitution and laws will have to be again amended to recognize these rights. Hopefully. It is MA so i could see why you would think this could go horribly wrong. The term "rights afforded to the human inhabitants" is where is could take that unfortunate turn since we actually have natural rights not state granted ones. I'm probably preaching to the quire right now.

Section 1. Corporations are not people and may be regulated. The rights afforded
    to the human inhabitants of the Commonwealth, under this Constitution, are not
    applicable to corporations
    , limited liability companies or any other corporate
    entity. Any references to persons, citizens, inhabitants, subjects, men, people,
    individuals or like terms in this Constitution, are not to be construed in any way to
    be referring to a corporation, limited liability company or other corporate entities.

Corporations are not people PERIOD.