Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vasectomy - yes or no?

Vasectomy - yes or no?

Should I get snipped? Soliciting opinions, advice, anecdotal evidence, and studies.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you don't want any more kids... sure. I don't think there's really much risk or many side effects. You could freeze some sperm first in case you ever need it later.
    Last edited by brandon; 08-18-2015 at 09:25 AM.

I wouldn't, man. I'm no medical expert, but I've come to the conclusion that most things are the way they are for a reason. Cutting yourself and such can change things in ways we probably can't comprehend yet. Sometimes surgery is necessary, but I would avoid it if I could. That's why I don't castrate my animals, the natural state always seems to be the best to me. Maybe I can't prove that's always the case, but it seems like a good rule.

We've seen more scientists coming to that conclusion about the appendix and such.

You should lead up on complications, and people's regrets first for sure. Like I said, I don't know much about it, and I certainly don't trust Wiki, but here's a start:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasectomy#Complications
    Last edited by William Tell; 08-18-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

You lay on a table, doc applies local anisthetic, hopefully he's experienced as the tugging on that plumbing can cause minor shooting pain but nothing too bad. Snip, snip, a couple weeks of black and blue balls (no pain really except first few days a little dull pain) then back to normal. I didn't notice any side effects, had it done 11 years ago.

After that you get a take-home kit to squirt into to make sure none of your tadpoles are making it into your silly string.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 08-18-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Want more (any) kids? - Yes or No? If No, then Yes, vasectomy. It just simplifies your life some.

Sure, and for as far as I know it's reversible in most cases these days. In case you change your mind.

The one reason not to do it... Is probably racist.
    "I am a bird"

I am a little concerned about the immunological response. It is common to develop antibodies to your own sperm after a vasectomy.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

No. Don't cut up your body. You're fine just the way you are.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I wouldn't, man. I'm no medical expert, but I've come to the conclusion that most things are the way they are for a reason. Cutting yourself and such can change things in ways we probably can't comprehend yet. Sometimes surgery is necessary, but I would avoid it if I could. That's why I don't castrate my animals, the natural state always seems to be the best to me. Maybe I can't prove that's always the case, but it seems like a good rule.

We've seen more scientists coming to that conclusion about the appendix and such.

You should lead up on complications, and people's regrets first for sure. Like I said, I don't know much about it, and I certainly don't trust Wiki, but here's a start:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasectomy#Complications
    I agree with your general philosophy. But the compelling reason to disregard it in this case can be stated in one word: condoms.

Don't do it.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Don't do it.

When they are outlawed, only outlaws will have 'em.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Don't do it.

Hmmm . . . one of us is unclear on the concept of vasectomy. And I need to make damn sure it isn't me!

Do you want someone to take scissors to your balls? Yes or No?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

My dad got one during his first marriage and had it reversed later. AFAIK, no big deal. ETA: as with all non-essential medical treatment, look up a t00b and see if it's something you're comfortable having done to you.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-18-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Aren't you close to my age? (boomer)

Women in our age bracket aren't generally fertile...

Unless you're doing the midlife thing, in which case have a ball.

After my second kid, my wife thought it would be a good idea. She barely even had the sentence out before I was on the phone scheduling the appointment. I've had no issues whatsoever. There was a little soreness for a few days but that's all.

One thing though. They told me i could shave myself or that the nurse could do it. I opted to do it myself and got a little overzealous and shaved everything. Don't do that. The itching from shaving was far worse than the surgery and the soreness.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My brother in law did it (who is married to my sister, a doctor) and he really regrets it now.

I would not mess with male anatomy whatsoever as a lot a things could potentially affect testosterone production etc.. which is VERY important to male health.

I don't think the body takes it very well.. my question is: do they cut the nerves associated with ejaculation as well? or if they dont, is it traumatic or damaging to have an orgasm.. meaning, does the body still stimulate sperm to move through the vas deferens? and if so does it cause high pressure in the vas deferens that could be problematic? since it has nowhere to go..

I dont like anything about it. and I dont trust doctors with sharp objects around my junk..

but I could be wrong.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Hmmm . . . one of us is unclear on the concept of vasectomy. And I need to make damn sure it isn't me!
    Who cares? Either way you won't still have this concern:

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I agree with your general philosophy. But the compelling reason to disregard it in this case can be stated in one word: condoms.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    I would not mess with male anatomy whatsoever as a lot a things could potentially affect testosterone production etc.. which is VERY important to male health.

I don't think the body takes it very well.. my question is: do they cut the nerves associated with ejaculation as well? or if they dont, is it traumatic or damaging to have an orgasm.. meaning, does the body still stimulate sperm to move through the vas deferens? and if so does it cause high pressure in the vas deferens that could be problematic? since it has nowhere to go..

I dont like anything about it. and I dont trust doctors with sharp objects around my junk..

but I could be wrong.
    Agreed. Makes one wonder why some people purposely do that with elective circumcision...
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

but I could be wrong.
    I thought you were resident Jew?

"Not messing with anatomy" seems a little hypocritical.

Sperm that comes through the vas defs in only 5% of the ejaculate. Most of the silly string is just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I thought you were resident Jew?

"Not messing with anatomy" seems a little hypocritical.

Sperm that comes through the vas defs in only 5% of the ejaculate. Most of the silly string is just for fun.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    ???
    Three little sperm. I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    ???
    It's a reference to the brit millah.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    It's a reference to the brit millah.
    I created a separate thread for it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...94#post5962394
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I created a separate thread for it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...94#post5962394
    Well done! Looks like it has potential for interesting discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Do you want someone to take scissors to your balls? Yes or No?
    STAHP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Aren't you close to my age? (boomer)

Women in our age bracket aren't generally fertile...

Unless you're doing the midlife thing, in which case have a ball.
    Ahem. Yes, I am 58. New girlfriend is . . . not 58.

but I could be wrong.
    No, they don't cut any nerves unless they really screw it up. They cut the tiny little duct called the vas deferens that feeds a tiny bit of sperm into a large volume of other stuff.

But your concern is my main concern. The sperm gets reabsorbed by the body and often results in the body developing anti-bodies to your own sperm. That's what scares me. I don't want to trigger some kind of immune funkiness.

Funniest thread you'll ever read on vasectomy:
    http://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/...d-de-sacs.html
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast