Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush, "There are like 10 things I would change in the Constitution..."

Bush, "There are like 10 things I would change in the Constitution..."

"There are like 10 things I would change in the Constitution with a magic wand," Bush said.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ed-in-reality/

Unfortunately this article contains the word Trump, as I hate adding anything to increase his presence on this site, but it's where the quote came from.

Cannot believe than any "journalist" could have failed to ask..."Really? Which 10 things are you wanting to change?" My guess is he wants to remove the Bill of Rights...nice and simple.
    Last edited by pao; 08-18-2015 at 05:41 AM. Reason: More info, spelling

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Me too. Ten things, at least. One of them is TJ's.

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our constitution - taking from the federal government their power of borrowing." -- Thomas Jefferson

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world." -- Thomas Jefferson

Yet we have people here choosing Bush over Trump if Rand does not make it.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I would change way more than 10. Ideally, get rid of every single thing except the 10th amendment.

Essentially say, "The federal government shall have the power to do the following enumerated things and nothing else: [blank]."

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Really? Who's that?

Bush would probably do less damage, but it's like asking whether you'd like to die by drowning or burning.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Isn't the OP a point in Bush's favor over Trump? I doubt that Trump has ever given thought to the Constitution or believes that it or anything else could hold him back from doing what he wanted if he were president.

#1 - "Do as you please - but harm no other in their person or property."

#2 - "The right of sucession is guaranteed."

# 3 - "No central bank - EVER."

# 4 - "Slavery is done, forever."

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Isn't the OP a point in Bush's favor over Trump? I doubt that Trump has ever given thought to the Constitution or believes that it or anything else could hold him back from doing what he wanted if he were president.
    You have one thread praising La Raza, a known Marxist hate group that supports ethnic cleansing of whites from the western US. In this thread you support Bush and in other threads blast Trump due to his immigration polices.

I thought you were just a open border Libertarian but from the pattern I am seeing and the comments about La Raza I am beginning to believe otherwise.

Are you Hispanic, feel threatened by Trump's immigration polices and do you believe in La Raza's goal of ethnic cleansing of whites from the western US?
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You have one thread praising La Raza, a known Marxist hate group that supports ethnic cleansing of whites from the western US.
    I don't praise La Raza. I just compare them to Ann Coulter. You're a fool if you see that as praise.

In this thread you support Bush
    I don't support Bush either. But the OP is a point in his favor, especially in comparison to Trump. Is it not?

and in other threads blast Trump due to his immigration polices.
    As we all should.

I thought you were just a open border Libertarian but from the pattern I am seeing and the comments about La Raza I am beginning to believe otherwise.

Are you Hispanic, feel threatened by Trump's immigration polices and do you believe in ethnic cleansing of whites from the western US?
    No. I'm not hispanic. But you'll be disappointed to learn that I am not insulted by your thinking that I might be. I just want more freedom and less government, unlike you.

Trump would ignore the whole thing. Bush would too basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Trump would ignore the whole thing. Bush would too basically.
    I think you're right about that on both counts. But I don't doubt that Bush has actually thought about it, and would be capable without the aid of speech writers to give it intelligible and somewhat coherent lip service. That can't be said of Trump.

I don't praise La Raza. I just compare them to Ann Coulter. You're a fool if you see that as praise.

I don't support Bush either. But the OP is a point in his favor, especially in comparison to Trump. Is it not?

As we all should.

No. I'm not hispanic. But you'll be disappointed to learn that I am not insulted by your thinking that I might be. I just want more freedom and less government, unlike you.
    I am for a limited role of the federal government which is why I support Rand and Ron. I agreed with Ron's 2008 tough immigration policy as time went on he and Rand soften quite a bit.

I disagree with Rand on H1-B visas. I support Americans citizens over foreign workers by not encouraging more H-1b visas. I support the limited role of the federal government and that role like Ron has stated is controlling the nations borders and immigration policy.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-18-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Pretty sure Trump would do whatever he wanted without bothering to go through the trouble of changing it; not once have I heard the word Constitution cross his lips. Bush wouldn't really bother either for that matter.

I am for a limited role of the federal government which is why I support Rand and Ron. I agreed with Ron's 2008 tough immigration policy as time went on he and Rand soften quite a bit.

I disagree with Rand on H1-B visas. I support Americans citizens over foreign workers by not encouraging more H-1b visas. I support the limited role of the federal government and that role like Ron has stated is controlling the nations borders and immigration policy.
    Everyone is for a "limited" role of the federal government, including La Raza. That's not saying anything. If the only thing you actually agree with Ron or Rand about is something you thought one of them once said calling for more, rather than less, government, you're probably in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by pao View Post
    Pretty sure Trump would do whatever he wanted without bothering to go through the trouble of changing it; not once have I heard the word Constitution cross his lips. Bush wouldn't really bother either for that matter.
    So then you just simply impeach his butt.

It probably wouldn't really be any too tough to get him convicted.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone is for a "limited" role of the federal government, including La Raza.
    , La Raza and limited government, I am not even trying and barely scratched the surface.

Raise the Wage! A $12 Federal Minimum Wage Would Benefit 8.5 Million Latino Workers
    http://www.nclr.org/index.php/site/p....kCjfVsrv.dpuf

An unfair minimum wage disproportionately affects Latinos who are concentrated in low-wage jobs. Congress has not raised the federal minimum wage, currently $7.25 per hour, since 2009. Worse, the minimum wage for tipped workers has remained $2.13 per hour for over 20 years. Consequently, many hardworking families struggle to cover the rising cost of living. Raising the minimum wage to $12.00 would lift a significant share of Latino workers out of poverty and benefit 8.5 million working Latinos

The Common Core State Standards: A Guide for Latino Parents
    (January 4, 2013)

The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are a set of national academic standards that have been adopted by 45 states. Schools and districts are currently in the process of developing new curricula that are aligned to the CCSS. In the next few years, you should expect to see many positive changes in the education of your children!
    http://www.nclr.org/index.php/site/p....dRd5ZSKI.dpuf
    That's not saying anything. If the only thing you actually agree with Ron or Rand about is something you thought one of them once said calling for more, rather than less, government, you're probably in the wrong place.
    You are obviously a La Raza plant and are totally clueless of Ron/Rand's immigration policy.

If you go back to 08, Ron even calls for deportation on his campaign website. So what are you doing here if you support La Raza?

The hypocrisy of these forums is mind blowing. I have a problem on one issue with Rand and that is H-1B. I get called a racist and a Trump supporter. Yet here we have a member supporting a known Marxist hate group that supports ethnic cleansing of whites and elimination of the federal government and the forum is silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    #1 - "Do as you please - but harm no other in their person or property."

#2 - "The right of sucession is guaranteed."

# 3 - "No central bank - EVER."

# 4 - "Slavery is done, forever."
    #5 - The absolute right to property

#6 - The right to drive and travel

Pretty much this. If I had to choose at gun point between trump and bush at least bush only wants to change 10 things, trump cares and intends to follow none of the constitution just his executive whelm.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

, La Raza and limited government, I am not even trying and barely scratched the surface.

You are obviously a La Raza plant and are totally clueless of Ron/Rand's immigration policy.

If you go back to 08, Ron even calls for deportation on his campaign website. So what are you doing here if you support La Raza?

The hypocrisy of these forums is mind blowing. I have a problem on one issue with Rand and that is H-1B. I get called a racist and a Trump supporter. Yet here we have a member supporting a known Marxist hate group that supports ethnic cleansing of whites and elimination of the federal government and the forum is silent.
    I have never come remotely close to supporting La Raza. The fact that you interpret my comparing them to Ann Coulter as a compliment to them says more about you than it does me. That they (and everyone else in the world as a matter of logical necessity) believe in government being limited in one way or another (as supported by your own points which you've presented) is beside the point. I was a Ron Paul supporter. I am (more tentatively) a Rand Paul supporter. I am these because I am for more freedom and less government.

But since you are for more government and less freedom, and the only time you can bring yourself to support Ron or Rand is when you think (rightly or wrongly) that they are too, you don't really fit in here. Why are you here? Really. Same goes for FeS2H2O, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    So then you just simply impeach his butt. It probably wouldn't really be any too tough to get him convicted.
    Like Bush's brother was so easily impeached for his many Constitutional violations?

It seems Presidents have had free reign protected by their respective party. Yes, I would hope for impeachment, but wouldn't see it as easy especially if the war machine is rolling strong..."gotta protect the troops!"

Wow, a lot of crypto-Bushies on here. Hopefully none of them are campaigning to be RNC delegates.

Chester Copperpot

if rand doesnt make it and its trump ill go with trump... not my ideal by any means but i cant take hillary

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    if rand doesnt make it and its trump ill go with trump... not my ideal by any means but i cant take hillary
    I agree. This looks to be that one time I will not vote for one of the minor party candidates or writing-in Ron Paul.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's working, PTB, you have succeeded. I see that you will have little to no resistance to your plans for global government.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    It's working, PTB, you have succeeded. I see that you will have little to no resistance to your plans for global government.
    Between myself and watching others of the same belief vote 3rd party or write-in through cycles spanning the last 33 years where has it got us. A few percent maybe while we head faster in the wrong direction.

Here is a chance at least to delay or slow things down for a few years, break the back of the establishment and maybe find an in for future cycles. Jeb Bush will be another Bush Presidency far worse than Trump while Hillary Clinton will be far worse than Jeb.

On just the immigration issue alone, either of those two or 3rd party then immigration increases including H1-B. If Trump completes a fraction of what he claims he is going to do he is still far better than Jeblary.

I always pondered my escape plan if another Bush got elected, and I got it. I'll do the same thing as the founder of Scientology did. Buy a boat and be stateless. lol
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Between myself and watching others of the same belief vote 3rd party or write-in through cycles spanning the last 33 years where has it got us. A few percent maybe while we head faster in the wrong direction.

Here is a chance at least to delay or slow things down for a few years, break the back of the establishment and maybe find an in for future cycles. Jeb Bush will be another Bush Presidency far worse than Trump while Hillary Clinton will be far worse than Jeb.

On just the immigration issue alone, either of those two or 3rd party then immigration increases including H1-B. If Trump completes a fraction of what he claims he is going to do he is still far better than Jeblary.
    http://sputniknews.com/us/20150815/1025773562.html

Their nostalgic for recreating the Bush war years.

The Fourth and Eighth amendments for starters?

Jeb Bush: NSA needs broader powers to combat 'evildoers'
    http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-nsa-n...-election.html

Boogity-boogity! /Tod Evans

Jeb Bush leaves door open for use of torture by government
    http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-leave...-election.html

Jeb Bush said he believed that the techniques were effective in producing intelligence, but that "now we're in a different environment."
    They weren't. Torture enthusiasts have no shame.

Even though the US govt is an evildoer, I still wouldn't advocate for those fascist bastards to be tortured.

Jeb Bush says Paul Wolfowitz is a foreign-policy adviser
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jeb...?siteid=yhoof2

Will no man rid us of those meddlesome neo-Trots?!

Like vampires risen from the dead each night, these creatures who shun the light and feast on pain and suffering, are refreshed and ready to take wing again. What they seek is what makes them feel alive and energizes them to want more, and that is war. They are the War Party, and they are Democrats and Republicans. They are columnists and publishers and academics, as well as politicians and publicists. They don’t have much of a mass base: they prefer to work in the shadows, manipulating rather than inspiring. By such Machiavellian means have they managed to stay viable, in spite of the disasters they have wrought through the years – giving them more scope for fresh disasters yet to be imagined.
    Last edited by Lucille; 08-18-2015 at 07:29 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast