Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN national poll... Much better, Rand in 6th

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    only problem is that poll shows trump rising grrr
    We still have 5 1/2 months till the Iowa Caucus. Plenty of time for Trump to drop plus other candidates as well.

You will see Rand's highest percentage after the Iowa Caucus results.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Hell Yeah, CNN saves the day!! (only this time). That 3% Fox poll was devastating, but 6% is like even trending a bit upwards. Rand needed that badly for the coming debate. In the RCP average he is now tied for 8th place with Kasich and Huckabee. But if CNN will do an average of all polls since July as they stated, it even looks much better (as RCP dont include that older ones).

Way to go!

(Btw this is a good example of how misleading polls at this time can be - so one should not worry too much about them - if there wouldnt be the problem with the debate)

-------

Appendix:

For the first time (afair) Rand polled much better with women (8%) than with men (4%).

As always he polls much better with people under 50 years (9%) then with people over 50 (1%) Only that this time the difference is the biggest I have ever seen. Amongst registered republicans its even 10% vs. 1%

Also the difference between people who didnt attend college (3%) and people who did (8%) is noteworthy. Same goes for Independents (8%) and Republicans (4%) and moderates (9%) and conservatives (4%).

All to be found on p. 28-31
    http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/im...-.gop.2016.pdf
    Last edited by MarcusI; 08-18-2015 at 07:03 AM.
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

typically polls are 80%+ landline, this one was 60% landline...this shows that as you poll via the communication methods that Rand's strong demographics use, the better he polls and looks.

I bet if you polled 100% cell phone, he would be in the top 3

Wow, thats good news !!

ok, RPF's -- everyone get a landline!!!!

good news indeed
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    only problem is that poll shows trump rising grrr
    Did you expect anything less? We've got to be over a $trillion in free advertising by now.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This just shows how totally biased Fox is...putting Christie ahead of Rand in their poll so that they don't have to put Rand's name up on the screen. I am so through with Fox; is it ok to say F*** Fox here? CNN is determining who gets in the next poll that they are sponsoring, so it looks good for Rand. Also, in that poll
    , Rand Paul fares best among voters under age 50, 10% among the younger group vs. 1% among the older one,
    Needs to work on those older folks..

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Did you expect anything less? We've got to be over a $trillion in free advertising by now.
    I expect anytime he opens his pie hole that he falls lol

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    This just shows how totally biased Fox is...putting Christie ahead of Rand in their poll so that they don't have to put Rand's name up on the screen. I am so through with Fox; is it ok to say F*** Fox here? CNN is determining who gets in the next poll that they are sponsoring, so it looks good for Rand. Also, in that poll Needs to work on those older folks..
    Haven't watched Fox except in youtube videos for years now, so yeah, join the boycott. Their blacked out, misrepresented treatment of Ron Paul is well documented and was unforgivable to anyone with a conservative bone in their body, especially for the network pretending to be 'fair and balanced'. Theirs is not a small government agenda by any stretch.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Hell yeah! such a relief. I was worried he wasn't going to make it into the next debate.

Awesome! As long as he remains in the top 8 I'm happy. It's the only way to guarantee he'll be in the debate.
    Last edited by SilentBull; 08-18-2015 at 07:54 AM.

That's a huge difference for Cruz. WTF. Fox has him at 10%?? Great to see Rand ahead of him.
    Last edited by SilentBull; 08-18-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Rand should talk more about his plans to preserve social security. People who paid in obviously want their money back, and it would be a good area of common ground with those older voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenliad View Post
    Rand should talk more about his plans to preserve social security. People who paid in obviously want their money back, and it would be a good area of common ground with those older voters.
    I hope he goes after the older voters too. Maybe he will as we get closer.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    This just shows how totally biased Fox is...putting Christie ahead of Rand in their poll so that they don't have to put Rand's name up on the screen. I am so through with Fox; is it ok to say F*** Fox here? CNN is determining who gets in the next poll that they are sponsoring, so it looks good for Rand. Also, in that poll Needs to work on those older folks..
    Social media is how Rand will win. Getting the 50 and under to outnumber the 50 and over to vote (GOTV) is a must especially in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada.
    Rand Paul for Peace

he talked about it in NH at the eggs and politics breakfast...said we need to raise the retirement age, change payouts, and allow a way for current people to fully or partially opt out to invest in better ways

This is really great news because it shows Trump's attacks on him haven't done much. The Trump obviously can't be taken down right now, at least not with logical arguments. I'm glad that at least going after Trump didn't hurt him.

6th place is fine by me. For now we just need to keep making the debates. Eventually people will start dropping out soon. Hopefully Christie...

And think about all the negative coverage Rand has been getting. The fact that he's in 6th is pretty freaking impressive. Everyone else just gets positive or neutral coverage. This really shows you that it won't be easy for them to take Rand down. This is what scares them.

these things have like 3.5% margins of error either way, with most the field in single digits that makes a lot of difference from poll to poll. It's kind of messed up it is being used as criteria for the debates considering how close these margins are and the unreliability of the polls. We really need some people to drop out of this race, it is ridiculous.

This shows people were making too much of the poll showing Rand at 3%, which was the lowest of many polls done recently (most of which show Rand at 5-6%). Again, let's exercise some patience, discipline, a less first inning jitters.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    ok, RPF's -- everyone get a landline!!!!
    Having a land line and voting in every election and primary even if you do a write in or turn in a blank ballot will increase our probability of being polled.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most polling organizations do poll cell phones as well. The only major polling organizations that don't are Rasmussen and PPP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Most polling organizations do poll cell phones as well. The only major polling organizations that don't are Rasmussen and PPP.
    almost all of them are slanted towards landlines...the one in the OP's link was 60% landline...most of them are 80% landline, and the ones you mentioned are 100% landline.

Thus, all results are skewed.

Although I have to admit I'm glad to see another 6 pop up, RPF has got to stop being such an emotional roller coaster, which reminds me of my last girlfriend.

This poll says nothing different than the polls before the debate. Rand was receiving between 3 and 6% for the week or two before the first debate. The only poll having him below 3% appears to be only the 0.8% he received from Gravis Marketing (which has a shotty reputation).

Let's stay composed and keep looking forward.

How about jumping on phone from home for those who have not so far?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Although I have to admit I'm glad to see another 6 pop up, RPF has got to stop being such an emotional roller coaster, which reminds me of my last girlfriend.
    That's the quirky thing about forums. They attract the people nationally who are the most intensely emotional about the subject in a manic-depressive way and need an outlet. So everything is exaggerated.

Excellent news, maybe now we can have a temporary return of sanity here. Weening off of Fox News and sticking to Youtube would be an ideal outcome, and abstaining from most hostile talk radio shows would also be a good idea. More hard news and less fluff makes for a good information diet.

He can scare older people by saying that if we dont balance the debt, they will get less or lose social security and medicare. Gotta stop policing world and reform both social and corporate welfare. Hes the only one with a plan to balance budget in 5 years.

People respond to fear and emotions more than reasoning and rationality. Neocons scare people into bombing brown people. Rand can scare people into not bombing people and scare them into reducing government.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast