Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul Blimp

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    I was not referring to the sides of trucks, only the backs of them. There is signage on a lot of the back doors of trucks already so there is no way anyone would get anywhere trying to sue. Something clean and readable, from a distance or closeup during gridlock. Here's an example I whipped up:

This one has a wide spectrum of positions but it would be simple to make one with economic positions, another with privacy positions, etc. Also, besides trucks, individual supporters can get vinyl decals made up and put on their cars/trucks/vans/businesses/front window of their house, etc. You can be the advertisement as well.

http://www.signazon.com/removable-car-decals/

I'd be happy to design a graphic if anyone's interested in doing this.
    Nice ad design . . .
    but I think that any car accidents with a truck that had a political ad, and the presence of that ad could and would be used by insurance companies
    as some sort of mitigating factor in the accident.

Then there is road rage problem - not safe for the driver of the rig . . .
    Also, I have never seen a political ad on a truck. But of course Romney and McCain and Palin used their buses.

So maybe Rand needs the custom paint job tour bus . . . AND the blimp !

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    Kill this idea with fire... like the Hindenburg.
    Yes, a flaming blimp over the Super Bowl!

That'll get someone's attention!

Or maybe a blimp over every city, like War of the Worlds.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertariantexas View Post
    Yes, a flaming blimp over the Super Bowl!

That'll get someone's attention!

Or maybe a blimp over every city, like War of the Worlds.
    "The revolution is here"
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    No blimps.

But this is a good idea:

What's the cost of something like that?
    Here's a website that handles that type of advertising. http://www.truckads.com/ad_programs_...railer_ads.htm

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Here's a website that handles that type of advertising. http://www.truckads.com/ad_programs_...railer_ads.htm
    The ad rates for putting a 7 foot advertisement on the back of a truck (which would be our cheapest option instead of doing the sides as well) are:

2-3 month rate = $1,900 per month
    4-5 month rate = $1,330 per month
    6-11 month rate = $1,045 per month
    1 year+ rate = $760 per month

So if we went for the 1 year rate (which would be the cheapest option) we would need to raise:

100 Trucks = $912,000 for 1 year of advertising
    200 Trucks = $1,824,000 for 1 year of advertising
    300 Trucks = $2,736,000 for 1 year of advertising
    400 Trucks = $3,648,000 for 1 year of advertising
    500 Trucks = $4,560,000 for 1 year of advertising
    600 Trucks = $5,472,000 for 1 year of advertising
    700 Trucks = $6,384,000 for 1 year of advertising
    800 Trucks = $7,296,000 for 1 year of advertising
    900 Trucks = $8,208,000 for 1 year of advertising
    1,000 Trucks = $9,120,000 for 1 year of advertising

1,000 trucks criss-crossing the United States for a year with a Rand Paul sign would get seen a lot more than a blimp.

Last edited by mello; 08-21-2015 at 11:44 AM.

Jan2017

The ad rates for putting a 7 foot advertisement on the back of a truck (which would be our cheapest option instead of doing the sides as well) are:

2-3 month rate = $1,900 per month
    4-5 month rate = $1,330 per month
    6-11 month rate = $1,045 per month
    1 year+ rate = $760 per month

So if we went for the 1 year rate (which would be the cheapest option) we would need to raise:

100 Trucks = $912,000 for 1 year of advertising
    200 Trucks = $1,824,000 for 1 year of advertising
    300 Trucks = $2,736,000 for 1 year of advertising
    400 Trucks = $3,648,000 for 1 year of advertising
    500 Trucks = $4,560,000 for 1 year of advertising
    600 Trucks = $5,472,000 for 1 year of advertising
    700 Trucks = $6,384,000 for 1 year of advertising
    800 Trucks = $7,296,000 for 1 year of advertising
    900 Trucks = $8,208,000 for 1 year of advertising
    1,000 Trucks = $9,120,000 for 1 year of advertising

1,000 trucks criss-crossing the United States for a year with a Rand Paul sign would get seen a lot more than a blimp.

Truck ads are a stupid idea . . .

getting seen at the wrong time - while people are driving and could care less and don't really have time to read a truck rear end /back door "flyer"

Stupid idea for only $9 million ?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-25-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewIHeart View Post
    So we're supposed to get a blimp in the sky for the only man in Washington to stand up to drones in the sky?

It seems a bit contradictory.
    Gee, that blimp might sneak up on you too fast or sometin' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post

Nice, except that NEVER HAPPENED. Number one, the blimp was on the ground for repairs and bad weather, more than it was in the air. And number two, even if they had tried and who knows if they did, they couldn't and didn't get access after 9-11 to fly a stupid blimp over a huge football game. That didn't stop Trevor from pitching that it was going to happen though and got a lot of donations for it.

This thing was a huge waste of money, but lucrative for 'ol Trevor. Is he the person behind this one too?

As I recall, Trevor was either banned or run out of here by Bryan. Is this a new account, Trevor?
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-25-2015 at 10:58 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Nice, except that NEVER HAPPENED. Number one, the blimp was on the ground for repairs and bad weather, more than it was in the air. And number two, even if they had tried and who knows if they did, they couldn't and didn't get access after 9-11 to fly a stupid blimp over a huge football game. That didn't stop Trevor from pitching that it was going to happen though and got a lot of donations for it.

This thing was a huge waste of money, but lucrative for 'ol Trevor. Is he the person behind this one too?

As I recall, Trevor was either banned or run out of here by Bryan. Is this a new account, Trevor?
    Alot of advertising came off the blimp . . . why a huge waste of money in your opinion ?
    The Ron Paul blimp had alot of impact and coverage for being grounded as much as it was, didn't it ?

I was stuck in traffic behind this truck for about 20 minutes today. I snapped a pic & whipped up a mock-up to see what some Rand signage would look like:

Even if we could only raise money for 100 trucks, I think that would be a significant advertising presence. Especially if they're criss-crossing the country over a year.

To save some money, we could advertise in some of the early States with digital billboard ads. Here's a website that talks about the prices for digital billboard advertising. It would be smart to advertise in the early States like Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, & Nevada.

For example:
    1 billboard in Ames, Iowa would cost $800 for 1 month (329.7k Impressions).
    1 billboard in Las Vegas, Nevada would cost $21,700 for 1 month (563.7k Impressions).
    1 billboard in Columbia, South Carolina would cost $4,200 for 1 month (195.5k Impressions).
    Last edited by mello; 08-26-2015 at 01:47 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hate the blimp idea. It does nothing IMO - waste of money.

Rand needs his image built. A blimp doesn't do that. Billboards can. Ads on the back of trucks can. I actually live across the street from the Dover AF Base. There is always a billboard available about a half a mile away that many AF guys/girls drive by every morning. It's a cheap rate but not sure who designs the ad and it's cost to put up.

Think IMAGE! It's matters more than most think.

Maybe a pic of Rand with his name saying, fighting for you and against the establishments. Maybe with the Bill of Rights rolled up and put on his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    I hate the blimp idea. It does nothing IMO - waste of money.

Rand needs his image built. A blimp doesn't do that. Billboards can. Ads on the back of trucks can. I actually live across the street from the Dover AF Base. There is always a billboard available about a half a mile away that many AF guys/girls drive by every morning. It's a cheap rate but not sure who designs the ad and it's cost to put up.

Think IMAGE! It's matters more than most think.

Maybe a pic of Rand with his name saying, fighting for you and against the establishments. Maybe with the Bill of Rights rolled up and put on his shoulder.
    The beauty of digital signage is that it's easy to make a graphic and you can focus the message depending on location. For example, if we advertise near colleges we could have billboards like this:

Or if we wanted to focus on the black communities, we could make billboards like this:

Here's a link that shows the specs that digital billboards typically use.
    Last edited by mello; 08-26-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Isn't digital signage far more expensive than a basic billboard that can still be voter focused?

I don't think reinstating voting rights and fighting civil forfeiture has much appeal to the average Republican primary voter. First 2 are good and maybe something like "Ending illegal wars," "Bringing home the troops," "Securing our borders and ending birth rights for illegals," or "Putting Planned Parenthood out of business," etc.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Isn't digital signage far more expensive than a basic billboard that can still be voter focused?

I don't think reinstating voting rights and fighting civil forfeiture has much appeal to the average Republican primary voter. First 2 are good and maybe something like "Ending illegal wars," "Bringing home the troops," "Securing our borders and ending birth rights for illegals," or "Putting Planned Parenthood out of business," etc.
    I can't remember the last time I saw a traditional print billboard. As for prices, they vary depending on the location. I've had an earlier post above that had some quotes. For example:

How hard would it be to raise $800? Hell a single person could pay for the whole thing by himself/herself if they were a big believer in Rand. Those billboards I made took a couple minutes. If someone wants a specific billboard, I could easily whip one up for them. The files that digital billboards use are RGB jpeg files with small resolutions like 888 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall. (For comparison, the billboards I posted above are 1,000 pixels wide.) They are tiny. I could post it here and you or anyone else could drag the jpeg to your desktop, then attach it to an email to a digital billboard company.
    Last edited by mello; 08-26-2015 at 11:48 AM.

I was stuck in traffic behind this truck for about 20 minutes today. I snapped a pic & whipped up a mock-up to see what some Rand signage would look like:

Even if we could only raise money for 100 trucks, I think that would be a significant advertising presence. Especially if they're criss-crossing the country over a year.

To save some money, we could advertise in some of the early States with digital billboard ads. Here's a website that talks about the prices for digital billboard advertising. It would be smart to advertise in the early States like Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, & Nevada.

For example:
    1 billboard in Las Vegas, Nevada would cost $21,700 for 1 month (563.7k Impressions).
    1 billboard in Columbia, South Carolina would cost $4,200 for 1 month (195.5k Impressions).
    If you want to reach Republicans, you'd better have "A Strong National Defense" in there.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

The beauty of digital signage is that it's easy to make a graphic and you can focus the message depending on location. For example, if we advertise near colleges we could have billboards like this:

The last thing you'd want to put near a university is "Fighting the Drug War". Sheesh
    ================

Another interesting thing I found out about digital billboards:

Say you rent a billboard for a month, instead of one digital image, you could provide multiple images that could be slowly cycled throughout the day.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    The last thing you'd want to put near a university is "Fighting the Drug War". Sheesh
    Lol!

Actually I forgot to add, "TO END" in that message...my bad.

I can't remember the last time I saw a traditional print billboard. As for prices, they vary depending on the location. I've had an earlier post above that had some quotes. For example:

How hard would it be to raise $800? Hell a single person could pay for the whole thing by himself/herself if they were a big believer in Rand. Those billboards I made took a couple minutes. If someone wants a specific billboard, I could easily whip one up for them. The files that digital billboards use are RGB jpeg files with small resolutions like 888 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall. (For comparison, the billboards I posted above are 1,000 pixels wide.) They are tiny. I could post it here and you or anyone else could drag the jpeg to your desktop, then attach it to an email to a digital billboard company.
    We don't have digital billboards here in Dover DE. Actually, I have yet to see one in the entire state. I think the print billboard near me and the Dover AF Base runs about $360 a month.

What about having a billboard digital or not...

Rand Paul - Wants To Leave You Alone.

Having something about guns would be a good one as well. Rand recently visited a gun store in NH and having that in a TV commercial would be great.

Also, are you allowed to use Rand or his site without approval first?
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

We don't have digital billboards here in Dover DE. Actually, I have yet to see one in the entire state. I think the print billboard near me and the Dover AF Base runs about $360 a month.

What about having a billboard digital or not...

Rand Paul - Wants To Leave You Alone.

Having something about guns would be a good one as well. Rand recently visited a gun store in NH and having that in a TV commercial would be great.

Also, are you allowed to use Rand or his site without approval first?
    I didn't do any searches for traditional billboards so I don't have any info on that. If you were to spend the bucks for a traditional billboard, the file size & resolution of the advertisement would be very large unless you made the entire thing as vector art in Illustrator, then you could still email it.

I don't think you need permission from Rand since he's a public figure. Honestly, I don't think Rand would complain about people spending money to advertise his positions or his website. The mock up I made was just that, a mockup. If were to actually do this I'd have to get permission to use that photo (I'm assuming that's a Gage pic, so I don't think that would be difficult.)

For your catchphrase, it might be better as:

Rand Paul: He wants the government to leave you alone!
    Last edited by mello; 08-26-2015 at 06:01 PM.

I was not referring to the sides of trucks, only the backs of them. There is signage on a lot of the back doors of trucks already so there is no way anyone would get anywhere trying to sue. Something clean and readable, from a distance or closeup during gridlock. Here's an example I whipped up:

This one has a wide spectrum of positions but it would be simple to make one with economic positions, another with privacy positions, etc. Also, besides trucks, individual supporters can get vinyl decals made up and put on their cars/trucks/vans/businesses/front window of their house, etc. You can be the advertisement as well.

http://www.signazon.com/removable-car-decals/

I'd be happy to design a graphic if anyone's interested in doing this.
    I don't like the message. Most people operate out of fear, so they want NSA spying to keep them safe, criminal justice reform sounds scary, that tax rate sounds scary, it sounds scary to cut regulations because they are told those keep them safe, and on and on. Doesn't anyone understand voters?

How about something explaining how NSA is dangerous and costs each voter 200 a month in lost wages and inflation. How about telling them the criminals breaking in their house were created by the drug war. How about telling them our foreign policy creates terrorists, so if they want attacked, keep supporting wars. Fight fear with fear. Instead of government imposing fear, make people afraid of government.

Until we do that, most of these messages will cause panic in most voters minds, even conservatives, most of whom are really big government people.

Quote Originally Posted by djinwa View Post
    I don't like the message. Most people operate out of fear, so they want NSA spying to keep them safe, criminal justice reform sounds scary, that tax rate sounds scary, it sounds scary to cut regulations because they are told those keep them safe, and on and on. Doesn't anyone understand voters?

How about something explaining how NSA is dangerous and costs each voter 200 a month in lost wages and inflation. How about telling them the criminals breaking in their house were created by the drug war. How about telling them our foreign policy creates terrorists, so if they want attacked, keep supporting wars. Fight fear with fear. Instead of government imposing fear, make people afraid of government.

Until we do that, most of these messages will cause panic in most voters minds, even conservatives, most of whom are really big government people.
    I made that mock-up in a couple minutes just to give people an idea of what it could look like on a truck. It's easy to swap out those talking points for something else.

National ads are a complete waste of money and the blimp is even worse.

Can we close this thread already?

Brainstorming is always a good idea. Throw everything you've got out there and then go back and decide what's do-able. Hold off on the judgments for now. Some people might have good ideas but be holding back on sharing them.

Quote Originally Posted by djinwa View Post

I can see why you think that, but that's not true for the real ones. Regardless, conservatives do not *believe* they are, so you must approach them from that angle. I think this billboard has way too much in it. It's like it's telling them all the details for how you are going to fix a stopped up sink, when all they really care about is that you will fix it. Add to that, there is no way in hell that someone driving by a billboard like this is going to be able to read all that stuff when they drive by. I wish Trump hadn't taken, Make America Great Again, because that would be a good thing to put up there, with nothing else. It needs to be something that stirs them emotionally and resonates with the target audience.

The details should be divided up into various campaign literature that is given to voters based on their individual concerns.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-27-2015 at 04:34 AM.
    ================

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Blimp is a great idea - Rand should have an even larger "Goodyear-sized" zeppelin over college football stadiums . . .

The Ron Paul blimp was the largest in the world, according to the owner in the documentary about the 2007-08 campaign.

My post was a joke, the blimp was a horrible idea.
    Ron Paul's heart is made out of gold. This greatly upsets the Federal Reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by yaz View Post
    My post was a joke, the blimp was a horrible idea.
    Was not.

First of all, Dat weather, what a bummer....then, what did we spend...300-400k, it was right around the time I believe it was competing with a money bomb, and they both did well, there was huge energy and debate between all our communities, which was a great thing.. We ended up getting little news coverage of the blimp and maybe a few RP inspirational highlight videos on youtube, when social media promotion was a new thing and had an impact back then Now it's just standard issue to have your social media presence in full force. 2007 was so much different though, we had much more cash, way more enthusiasm...it was the golden era, Ron Paul graphs, tech people doing all kinds of projects.

That was the golden era of the liberty moment...I was also motivated, gave time...money...attended fundraisers and rally's, did late night sign bombs etc...2012 was meh, although RP got a little better in the debates. These days, I've lost almost all motivation except for just spreading the message. Hell I might just end up voting for Trump...don't blow up my inbox, I've been a huge Rand supporter mainly during his senate run...but now he just seems to be fading away, attacking trump like the rest of the drones, not quite as principled as his father even if it means being awkward and quirky.

Don't really know how hawkish he is, it even took his Dad to finally endorse him. It's sad to see our grand pappy Ron fall of the social media map even though he (we) pioneered the whole thing. I almost want to join the circle jerk and say $#@! it, let's go bernie...but I hear his foreign policy is starting to suck, so that's the only thing he had going for him cause everything else he stands for just sucks. So for me so far....(and it will change if there is something I really dislike), it's gonna be Trump. I'll always be part of the liberty movement, I'm here to stay and will fight till the end...but in my opinion a Rand Paul blimp would be pointless....most people know who Rand is....he just doesn't have the energy or the message for anything major to fight against...he's in the media all the time, he's' not getting the Ron treatment....remember the point of the blimp was? I was a vent toward the media about horrible coverage of Ron , take it to the people to ask the question "Who is Ron Paul, google Ron Paul, etc".

Something I'll never forget and will pass it on...it was almost like "what is the matrix". It's just way different this time. Lets do a chipin to get Rand a new hair cut. I don't see things looking good unfortunately. Let Rand sit in the senate for another 4 years...let Trump either get $#@! done big time or be all talk and just a joke...we'll kick him out in 4 years if he sucks...we really don't have many choices right now....cruiz is a back stabber, $#@! him. Miss you guys.
    Last edited by RonPaulwillWin; 08-31-2015 at 05:27 AM.
    Capitalists can exploit you only with your permission: by trading with you, selling to you, asking you to sell out.

Government exploits you at the point of a gun.

As long as you limit the power of the latter, the former can only exploit by providing better products, services and options. if they collude, then all bets are off. But that is a problem with government--in that case fascism--not capitalism.

-dew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12