Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul Blimp

Rand Paul Blimp

Ron Paul's heart is made out of gold. This greatly upsets the Federal Reserve.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure it ever got better then the blimp. Winning in 2012 certainly wasn't any better.

I don't see how this will get more votes.

Instead of a blimp I'd recommend advertising on the back of long-haul truckers 18-wheelers. Instead of spending a lot of money for a single blimp that could be grounded due to strong winds, you could put that money towards signage on thousands of big rigs that are crisscrossing the country on a daily basis. The amount of eyeballs that would see those would probably be on an order of magnitude greater than the blimp. Imagine being stuck in traffic behind a big rig like this:

On the door is a big photo of Rand with his campaign website in big letters along with a couple of his positions.

Just saying.
    Last edited by mello; 08-18-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yaz View Post
    Not this again... /Facepalm

Kill this idea with fire... like the Hindenburg.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Can you think of a bigger waste of money?

Aside from maybe two blimps?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Can you think of a bigger waste of money?

Aside from maybe two blimps?
    Three blimps?

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    Instead of a blimp I'd recommend advertising on the back of long-haul truckers 18-wheelers. Instead of spending a lot of money for a single blimp that could be grounded due to strong winds, you could put that money towards signage on thousands of big rigs that are crisscrossing the country on a daily basis. The amount of eyeballs that would see those would probably be on an order of magnitude greater than the blimp. Imagine being stuck in traffic behind a big rig like this:

On the door is a big photo of Rand with his campaign website in big letters along with a couple of his positions.

Just saying.
    Good idea! You must work in marketing.

I think it's a good idea.

It was a waste of money last time. It barely got any physical exposure due to the routes, time of year, etc... The only reason it was partially sucessful was due to the media exposure because it was unique and interesting. Nobody else had done it.

It's been done.

NO.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStanart View Post
    It was a waste of money last time. It barely got any physical exposure due to the routes, time of year, etc... The only reason it was partially sucessful was due to the media exposure because it was unique and interesting. Nobody else had done it.

It's been done.

NO.
    I really don't think it was a waste. Given the cost of media exposure, the amount it got, on top of the exposure it had as an ad unto itself, turned out to be a decent investment.

Just saying.
    I.. actually like this. Also puts an emphasis on commerce/trade, and lots of it.

No blimps.

But this is a good idea:

Just saying.
    What's the cost of something like that?
    the rEVOLution begins!

I like the Tractor Trailer idea, but I was thinking of something somewhat related to a blimp. What if someone could rent a plane/helicopter, then you make a bunch of like "rand bombs" which are like mini containers with parachutes. You could print up some stickers, info business cards, campaign buttons, pens/pencils and a flyer. Then you could drop these over places with a lot of people (parks, marinas, etc) These would give people some info and be memorable.
    Resources
    Rand Flyer: It is on rands page under volunteer, I cant post links yet
    Info Cards: Vistaprint
    Stickers: Printrunner
    Idk about campaign buttons or pens/pencils?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like the Truck idea or basic billboards...

RAND PAUL

Stopping illegal immigration
    Stopping illegal wars
    Stopping illegal spying

He's the guy fighting for you...
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    Kill this idea with fire... like the Hindenburg.
    Blimp is a great idea - Rand should have an even larger "Goodyear-sized" zeppelin over college football stadiums . . .

How about a Rand Paul bat signal?

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Blimp is a great idea - Rand should have an even larger "Goodyear-sized" zeppelin over college football stadiums . . .

fwiw, ad campaigns certainly NEVER use a micro-blimp . . .

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    How about a Rand Paul bat signal?
    It worked for the occupy 99% turds, it may very well work for us

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    No blimps.

But this is a good idea:

What's the cost of something like that?
    WRONG . . . Blimps are not intrusive . . .
    But, the first accident caused by someone reading a political ad on a semi-tractor-trailer sues the campaign.

Also, when a truck driver cuts you off, you will notice the ad -

So only bad results from truck advertising imo
    (and I'd wonder if the DOT has already excluded them . . . unless it is this advertising . . .

Last edited by Jan2017; 08-19-2015 at 02:34 PM. Reason: added jpg

How about we do a leaflet drop. Tie campaign literature to thousands of balloons the same day and release them in every state.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    How about we do a leaflet drop. Tie campaign literature to thousands of balloons the same day and release them in every state.
    I vote for turkeys. Turkeys would make a much bigger impact ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was not referring to the sides of trucks, only the backs of them. There is signage on a lot of the back doors of trucks already so there is no way anyone would get anywhere trying to sue. Something clean and readable, from a distance or closeup during gridlock. Here's an example I whipped up:

This one has a wide spectrum of positions but it would be simple to make one with economic positions, another with privacy positions, etc. Also, besides trucks, individual supporters can get vinyl decals made up and put on their cars/trucks/vans/businesses/front window of their house, etc. You can be the advertisement as well.

http://www.signazon.com/removable-car-decals/

I'd be happy to design a graphic if anyone's interested in doing this.
    Last edited by mello; 08-19-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Thats what I was thinking with my earlier post, yet a few extra free goodies might be a good thing (bottle openers, info cards, stickers, pens, campaign buttons) or we could do the same on the ground dropping packages off at peoples driveway.
    Last edited by liberty_nc; 08-19-2015 at 03:43 PM.

That would definitely get you fined and possible jail time. Plus a lot of negative press for littering/vandalism. It would be smarter and less wasteful for volunteers to drop off literature into voters mailboxes. This way, you will know that every voter would get the literature instead of it getting stuck in trees or in an empty field.

That would definitely get you fined and possible jail time. Plus a lot of negative press for littering/vandalism. It would be smarter and less wasteful for volunteers to drop off literature into voters mailboxes. This way, you will know that every voter would get the literature instead of it getting stuck in trees or in an empty field.
    and law enforcement is going to use all that manpower to track down every person that let a balloon fly up into the sky? PLease
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I agree we don't have alot of funds just to throw out all over the place. I say we make small packs (1 gallon ziploc bags) put a rand flyer (https://www.randpaul.com/pdf/Rand_Pa..._Rand_Will.pdf) some stickers, a pen, campaign button, bottle opener, a business info card, etc. Get a backpack (vistaprint has drawstring ones for $5 and you can add the Rand logo), wear your Rand shirt and go walk in your neighborhood dropping off a package at each mailbox (not inside, some places consider mailboxes federal "property"). You help spread the word and get exercise at the same time.

So we're supposed to get a blimp in the sky for the only man in Washington to stand up to drones in the sky?

It seems a bit contradictory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast