Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Constitution Day Moneybomb - Sept. 17th Promotion Ideas Thread

Is there a video of him saying that?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Is there a video of him saying that?
    Yeah, I actually had to slo-mo the video and get my own screen capture for that photo.

https://youtu.be/RU6FTo5W7f8?t=1m36s

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has there ever been a moneybomb app? It would tell the users to HOLD, HOLD, then ring the bell to CHARGE when the moneybomb is on. Then there would be a secure gateway to donate, and during the moneybomb, it will plot the progress. I might be able to build an android one, at the very least, I can build the backend data server.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Has there ever been a moneybomb app? It would tell the users to HOLD, HOLD, then ring the bell to CHARGE when the moneybomb is on. Then there would be a secure gateway to donate, and during the moneybomb, it will plot the progress. I might be able to build an android one, at the very least, I can build the backend data server.
    An app would be pretty cool. A benefit of an app is that like with email you can communicate with people directly, rather than hoping that your Facebook or Twitter posts show up in their feed and get seen. It could be another way to tell them when the moneybomb starts and then give info about the next one.

Something like that would be great to release through the campaign's website, it would get more exposure and they could add more fun campaign features... maybe some Rand sound bytes, his Twitter feed, a "Rand Tracker" that shows his campaign path and stops on a map of the US, animating the torch that's in his logo and making it full screen so that people could hold up their phones and display a lit torch.

Encourage people to download it his rallies and on campus, and then have the app send out notifications later.

Since I can't edit old posts I just wanted to combine all the graphics I have so far in to one for easy sharing:

Avatars - http://RandPaulMoneyBomb.imgur.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RandPaulMon...083816/?type=1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RandPaulMon...053857/?type=1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RandPaulMon...380594/?type=1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RandPaulMon...010828/?type=1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RandPaulMon...323229/?type=1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RandPaulMon...292805/?type=1

If all you have time to do is go through that list and RT & Favorite that will be helpful and much appreciated. If you are on Facebook you can do the same thing right down the line on the page.

If you have a few minutes to spare you can join a Rand Paul Facebook group and share the graphics in there. I pasted an image above showing how to share to a group.

We don't want to spam them, but the big groups get a lot of posts and have a lot of people in them so we could use more exposure in there. After I shared a graphic one time in the Rand Paul 2016 group it has been shared at least 70 times since and seen by thousands of people.

You can have a big impact with just a few clicks. Some of the groups are "closed" which means you have to be approved to join but it doesn't take long.

These two have 30,000 members combined and seem friendly:

https://Facebook.com/groups/199067333562998

https://Facebook.com/groups/MFTRand.Paul

People please post in this thread what you did so we can support each others and not duplicate. Thanks.

If you want to help but dont know how or what to do just contact me (send me a message or ask in this thread) and I will find something for you to do.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

I have started posting the moneybomb link in the comments section of Rand related posts on facebook, and will be sharing the event throughout groups and pages I control as well. Hopefully I can have a video completed for use sometime in the next week or so. I could use some help rounding up Rand's best Constitution and liberty related soundbites for use in that, so please post or PM them to me if you would like to see them in the final piece.

In the Black this out money bomb I remember on the website we had a place to sign up to receive a referral link. People would then promote the money bomb everywhere and use the referral link that they got from the site. The rankings were listed on the website. When unique people clicked on your referral link, your total would change and the rankings would update. The top 3 referrers received prizes. If I remember right I think the top prize was to meet Ron Paul, but it's been a while so I can't be sure. The point is if the rewards are a strong enough motivator, then a system like this will act as an engine for promotion. It's much better than expecting people to promote by themselves. Can something like this be put together? If you need help with it, try checking out the main promotion thread for black this out to see if you can find more info on it.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 08-23-2015 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    In the Black this out money bomb I remember on the website we had a place to sign up to receive a referral link. People would then promote the money bomb everywhere and use the referral link that they got from the site. The rankings were listed on the website. When unique people clicked on your referral link, your total would change and the rankings would update. The top 3 referrers received prizes. If I remember right I think the top prize was to meet Ron Paul, but it's been a while so I can't be sure. The point is if the rewards are a strong enough motivator, then a system like this will act as an engine for promotion. It's much better than expecting people to promote by themselves. Can something like this be put together? If you need help with it, try checking out the main promotion thread for black this out to see if you can find more info on it.
    You are correct. Some of the previous money-bombs had prizes.
    I believe our web developers cold do it (because same guys worked on some previous moneybombs and they did it then).

Can you secure prizes(contact tom Woods,Andrew Napolitano for books or anyone else you can think of)?

If anyone can secure prizes for moneybomb participants that would be great!!! No one expects anything extravagant. (book, t-shirt etc.)
    Last edited by Barrex; 08-23-2015 at 09:15 AM. Reason: HE DID IT TOO!!! WHY ARE YOU BADGERING ME?

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    You are correct. Some of the previous money-bombs had prizes.
    I believe our web developers cold do it (because same guys worked on some previous moneybombs and they did it then).

Can you secure prizes(contact tom Woods,Andrew Napolitano for books or anyone else you can think of)?

If anyone can secure prizes for moneybomb participants that would be great!!! No one expects anything extravagant. (book, t-shirt etc.)
    That is a pretty good idea. Prizes are great motivators.

If we were able to get some kinda prize we could do a raffle that gives entries for giving your email on the pledge site, following on Twitter, re-Tweeting our posts, visiting the Facebook page etc. You can also make any of those actions mandatory.

The app I'm looking at even has a built in "Refer a friend" where you can award bonus entries when someone else enters from their referral link. So that encourages sharing.

That would be a way to get a nice boost on the social media accounts, incentivize people to promote and to sign up at the pledge site.

This is just a demo contest I set up... so don't do the one that posts a Tweet because I don't actually have anything to give away, lol. But you can get an idea of how it works.

https://gleam.io/jgGQ5/rand-paul-con...day-money-bomb

A really cool prize would be like a Constitution or something signed by Rand... I wonder if we can find anyone that will be at one of his rallies coming up that can try to get something like that. Or if anyone has a contact with the campaign. But like Barrex said anything Rand related like a shirt or something would work.

I sent this email to Doug Wead. Not sure if anything will come from it, but I believe it's worth trying...

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv
    Hi Doug. In 2012 I used this email to suggest an idea to you and you passed it along to the campaign and it actually got accepted, so I'm going to try again.

Back in 2012 when we were doing the "Black This Out" Money Bomb, we setup a referral system which got supporters to promote the money bomb website so people would pledge to donate. The more people clicked on their referral links, the more they would rise in the promotion rankings on the website. This ended on the day of the money bomb and prizes were given out to the top 3 promoters based on referral rankings. Rather than simply expecting people to promote it themselves, this referral system acted as an engine to motivate supporters to promote the money bomb and it worked, since we raised about $3 million in the end.

The grassroots is now organizing the September 17th Constitution Day Money Bomb. We were thinking about setting up a similar referral system to help drive supporters to promote the money bomb. The problem is that we need to figure out some prizes for the top promoters. These prizes would need to be strong motivators in order to be effective. Some have suggested Rand shirts or books, but I don't think that's a proper motivator for something like this. Maybe it would work for the lesser prizes, but not the top prize.

I believe in order to ensure this program has the best chance of success, we need to make the #1 prize a meeting with Rand Paul. This means the #1 promoter based on our rankings would end up being flown out to meet Rand at some event in the future, where they could talk about liberty and other things. I believe a prize like that would be the single greatest motivator possible to get supporters to promote the money bomb.

Could you perhaps suggest this to the campaign to see if it would be possible to organize? If the campaign can't work with the grassroots like this, then perhaps the campaign could setup this referral/pledge system themselves (rather than the grassroots doing it) and offer the meeting with Rand as the top prize. Thanks for reading and I hope you find the idea worthy.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here we go again, sounds like we found our new Trevor aka Mr. Sept 22 money bomb guy. Setting a goal of 10M is so dumb, I argued this point in 2012 MBs should not have amounts associated with them. If you set a goal and don't achieve it the campaign looks week!

The campaign has been doing these multi day money bombs, we could do a 10 day money bomb, 7th through the 17th. We need to get as many people to donate as much as we can so Rand can spread the message of liberty from coast to coast. We need to stop the reign of terror that is Donald Trump so he doesn't become the next Dick Cheney and spill our blood in the middle east in order to steal their oil. We need to cut through the media blackout that that keeps telling people the campaign is on life support. We need to get loud, we need to be proud, we need to spark the fire in Rands belly.

9/17 it has to be.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

I sent this email to Doug Wead. Not sure if anything will come from it, but I believe it's worth trying...
    Awesome, thank you. He's a good guy and was really nice and helpful when I emailed him about one of the 2012 moneybombs, so it's worth a shot.

After checking it out more I do think I want to do some kind of giveaway, so I'm going to have to see if I can come up with something.

He's going to be in Seattle this week so I guess it's within driving distance for me to go up there, but that event is going to be big and he won't be able to stay long. Wish I could go to one of the smaller rural ones.

On another note, I've been seeing some people on Twitter and Facebook that have changed their profile pictures to show support. That's an easy way that you can help but will be seen by a lot of people. Even have RPF sizes.

You can find them earlier in this thread or on the imgur page: https://RandPaulMoneyBomb.imgur.com/

As some of you know there was a conference call last night made up of fellow supporters from forums and other social media sites that have committed to working on specific action items for the moneybomb in September. There were a number of things discussed such as tasks that are currently under way, assigning resources to new tasks, and further defining the lists of items that need to be completed in the lead up to the event.

One of the items at the top of the agenda was finalizing the date based on work already under way, in consideration of the latest developments with other groups efforts, the vote we had here on forums, and individual's thoughts expressed by many of the members in posts here on forums an in other places on the net including DP and FB.

As many have already stated, we're moving forward with the 17th of September, Constitution Day. If you are interested in working on specific activities in support of the Sept. 17 MB please post here or let one of us know. Thanks.
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-25-2015 at 01:28 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Facebook version of this: https://Facebook.com/RandPaulMoneyBo...500030/?type=1

Every like, share and comment on the Facebook posts help because it increases the page rank score and makes it more likely that Facebook shows new posts in people's feed.

Also, if you have Instagram check out and follow the new account @RandPaulMoneyBomb . I also added Instagram and Google+ sized avatars to the imgur page: http://RandPaulMoneyBomb.imgur.com

If you have an account on Reddit, or you're willing to create one, you can upvote and comment on this post in the Rand Paul subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/randpaul/co...ybomb_facebook

Thank you to everyone that has been retweeting and sharing the stuff posted in here.

The Facebook page is almost to 100 likes, and the overall engagement with the posts is really growing.

All together the promo graphics have been shared 100's of times, and "liked" 1,000's. There have been a few people and a couple pages that I've noticed liking and sharing every post, so if that's anyone here thank you.

But we could use some more likes on the actual page though, and invites to the event. Right now I've been sharing them to Rand Facebook groups to boost them, which is very effective. But if we can get them to like the page it will be a lot easier. This part of going from 0 to 100 or 200+ can be the toughest but is critical.

If you haven't liked the page, joined the event, or followed on Twitter yet it just takes a second and would really help.

If you have already liked the page, you can invite your friends to like it too. It works the same way as the event invites.

You can also select "See First" to make sure you see all the posts in your feed. There aren't more than one or two a day so don't worry about being flooded.

While I was posting to Instagram and checking the #StandWithRand hashtag I found this from someone:

If someone here made that, thank you. And if not that's cool because it means people are starting to get behind it.

I also saw someone had posted one of the moneybomb avatars on their Instagram and the image had over 200 likes.

Anyone have a good Rand Pand quote that hasn't been used yet for a Const. MB promo image?
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-28-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Hmm, I'm not sure how that site works but I guess it's a good thing. Does that tie in to the invites of the Facebook event or is it separate?

This is the message I got after clicking that I was going -

Din RSVP status på Facebook har uppdaterats

I have some more promo graphics that are almost finished, but for now:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure how that site works but I guess it's a good thing. Does that tie in to the invites of the Facebook event or is it separate?

I think the site just scrapes FB events, grabs the header image for reuse and then provides on a page for SEO. Most likely to drive traffic to the site and get people to use their interface for info gathering. Here is one for the RPD Project event, there is a bunch of others listed underneath that were probably automatically created.

http://heyevent.com/event/twbgwlf3ph...al-kickstarter

Out of curiosity Barrex how did you find that page, through a search?
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-28-2015 at 09:39 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the site just scrapes FB events, grabs the header image for reuse and then provides on a page for SEO. Most likely to drive traffic to the site and get people to use their interface for info gathering. Here is one for the RPD Project event, there is a bunch of others listed underneath that were probably automatically created.

http://heyevent.com/event/twbgwlf3ph...al-kickstarter

Out of curiosity Barrex how did you find that page, through a search?
    How the Hell could I know... I was like click click click and... there I was.

I dont remember.

Facebook Image: https://Facebook.com/RandPaulMoneyBo...668737/?type=1

Every favorite and retweet on these helps... even if you don't have a lot of Rand Paul friends. Twitter has the newer feature like Facebook now where they show "while you were away" tweets at the top of the feed that happened since the last time you visited. They pick tweets that have more favorites, retweets and replies. So just by doing that you can help other people be more likely to see moneybomb tweets.

If you don't have one already you can make a new account just to help promote these Facebook and Twitter posts.

I had previously said I would make a promotion video for the moneybomb. I'm going to have to bow out. I've been having long weeks at work and a week of the flu. Scrubbing through all the footage I'm not feeling it like I used to. The apathy has siezed ahold of my tightly. I support Rand and believe him to be the best candidate for president. After the last two elections I've pretty much gone full voluntary and hold little hope of "democratic" elections fixing anything, although I plan to vote for Rand Paul. I do think Dr. Paul could probably cure my apathy. It would be great if it felt like the old days when I was making stuff like this for his father:

Rands campaign stratagy might be what it takes to win the presidency and I've given to his campaign twice already and will caucus for him in Hawaii. I do seem to be lacking the passion I had for his father though.

Aloha

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast