Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Constitution Day Moneybomb - Sept. 17th Promotion Ideas Thread

The internets have been slow today, everyone must be out BBQing and stuff. So I'm going to save a new post for tomorrow when more will see it.

In the meantime you can like the page if you haven't, and if you have you can invite your friends to like it. Same with the event.

http://Facebook.com/RandPaulMoneyBomb

http://Facebook.com/events/1473078286348947

Someone made and shared this on Twitter, was that someone here?

Also while on Instagram searching Rand posts I found some fake screenshots of Rand's NSA data center tweet where the text is edited to say he's announcing that he is leaving the race. They also had a fake CNN clip with a voiceover saying the same thing.

Unfortunately whoever is behind it did a pretty convincing job. Kinda makes you wonder. I'm not going to post it because I don't want to give it any more attention.

But I did want to comment on them on Instagram and Tweet this to make it clear:

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The creator made sure it was known that it was a hoax 15 minutes later
    Last edited by liberty_nc; 08-30-2015 at 07:42 PM.

I was going to try to just make a short 30 second video, but I couldn't make it fit so it ended up being a minute.

I still don't love it, but I had to find and download a free editing program. It was working fine... I had exported the video a few times to preview how it would look. But then the last time the software said that was only a paid feature and I'd have to buy it. I was able to sign in to my computer as a different user and trick it in to letting me export that last version but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to edit it any more so I just went with it as is.

Here's the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvGBO5EF80

If you want to share on Facebook though I uploaded it directly to the page to have it auto play in the feed, so it looks better if you share that post:

https://Facebook.com/RandPaulMoneyBo...65766720270864

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    I was going to try to just make a short 30 second video, but I couldn't make it fit so it ended up being a minute.
    +Rep. Great job! Retweeted.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you, I appreciate that.

Considering the program and old computer I used, and that this is only the 3rd video I've ever attempted editing (two for Ron in 2012), I guess it turned out better than it should have. It's evidence that if I can do it anyone can, so don't be afraid to try.

If anyone else has any videos or graphics or even photos of themselves holding up a sign post them in here.

I know there are some people really sharing and helping promote... so if you've invited a bunch of friends to join the event or like the page, or shared posts in a group or anything else post about it in here so we can thank you and know you're out there. And it will help encourage others to do the same.

Potentially good news. One of the other groups (organizer for the FB event on the 22nd) is looking like they will be changing their MB date to the 17th. This is in no small part due to the dedicated work everyone is doing promoting the Constitution day MB, keep up the good work all.

Last edited by orenbus; 09-01-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Potentially good news. One of the other groups (organizer for the FB event on the 22nd) is looking like they will be changing their MB date to the 17th. This is in no small part due to the dedicated work everyone is doing promoting the Constitution day MB, keep up the good work all.
    Awesome, great news. I welcome and appreciate everyone from there that wants to help.

And I agree that this whole thing is only possible because of the work everyone here has put in. Keep sharing, keep inviting, keep commenting. I know there are people helping that aren't posting in this thread... don't be shy. +Reps ready to fire.

As we get closer to the date I'm going to share some tweets in here of stuff that has been posted before, but they are new tweets so even if you RT'd before you can do it again.

If you're on Reddit, give this an upvote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/randpaul/co...ey_bomb_promo/

Ups. I promoted randpauldigital and "our" Moneybomb in her google+ group...I think that my post got deleted .

September 7th (another moneybomb) shows almost zero progress. I asked are they still doing it and got only one answer: "Got facebook page but not much activity". I will post a thread about our moneybomb on PopularLiberty on friday.

Awesome, great news. I welcome and appreciate everyone from there that wants to help.

If you're on Reddit, give this an upvote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/randpaul/co...ey_bomb_promo/
    Upvoted.

I think that Facebook event page is the one that we should promote and not community page:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1473078286348947/

RandPaul2016 that created it has 100.000+ likes and more appeal at the moment. Based on previous money-bombs it is best way for people to get involved and recruited... also that way people can invite their friends and they their friends etc. I am not sure but I think you get notification about event day and there are some other positives too. Or is there that something changed with Facebook (I am not very often on it)?
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Upvoted.

I think that Facebook event page is the one that we should promote and not community page:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1473078286348947/

RandPaul2016 that created it has 100.000+ likes and more appeal at the moment. Based on previous money-bombs it is best way for people to get involved and recruited... also that way people can invite their friends and they their friends etc. I am not sure but I think you get notification about event day and there are some other positives too. Or is there that something changed with Facebook (I am not very often on it)?
    Thanks for the upvote and the comment on Reddit.

Yeah, I agree that event invitations are the best because it sends a notification to everyone invited. I definitely do want people to join and invite their friends to the event. I want people to join and invite friends even if they can't donate themselves.

The reason I've been linking from Twitter to the Facebook page though is because we don't have control of the event, or the Rand Paul 2016 page that created it. But I have been linking to the event in every Facebook post from the money bomb page.

I can fit links to the event, Twitter, and RandPaulMoneyBomb.com in to every post from the money bomb page.

So if we can get them to our page we can then direct them other places - like the event, here, the fundraiser to cover expenses etc.

Plus if they like the page they'll see the rest of the graphics and videos and stuff that get posted, and be able to share those. If they just join the event they probably won't see the promo stuff.

Facebook version: https://Facebook.com/RandPaulMoneyBo...549253/?type=1

Here is a rough draft of some copy I need ASAP. I know some of you here are really good writers, could you take a look and let me what needs to be changed? I'm putting in $50 each in the description since I don't think we have come up with a target donation per indvidual for the day. The default would be $100, and some mentioned it should be approachable like 10 or 20, but $50 may be a good compromise. Also it sounds like a number of people are against defining a specific goal (for example $1M) and letting the official campaign come up with the goal once the ticker goes up, which sounds fine to me, but we probably want to suggest an amount per donation in our promo? Thanks in advance.

Edit: This would be for a facebook status message.

############

On September 17, 1787, the Constitution was adopted by the United States.

On September 17, 2015, supporters of freedom and liberty will donate to the Rand Paul for President 2016 campaign, and launch him to victory.

Rand Paul is a defender of the Bill of Rights and so are we! To symbolize our support, we will be launching our Constitution Day moneybomb!

Participation is simple: On September 17th, donate a minimum of $50 in support of Rand Paul and the Constitution. After donating, send out a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram post with the hashtags #StandWithRand and #WeThePeople

If successful, this event will reach and be supported by THOUSANDS of supporters, and we can raise a huge numbers for the best candidate for individual freedoms and liberty.
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-03-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Here is a rough draft of some copy I need ASAP. I know some of you here are really good writers, could you take a look and let me what needs to be changed? I'm putting in $50 each in the description since I don't think we have come up with a target donation per indvidual for the day. The default would be $100, and some mentioned it should be approachable like 10 or 20, but $50 may be a good compromise. Also it sounds like a number of people are against defining a specific goal (for example $1M) and letting the official campaign come up with the goal once the ticker goes up, which sounds fine to me, but we probably want to suggest an amount per donation in our promo? Thanks in advance.

############

On September 17, 2015, supporters of freedom and liberty will donate to the Rand Paul for President 2016 campaign, and launch him to victory.

Rand Paul is a defender of the Bill of Rights and so are we! To symbolize our support, we will be launching our Constitution Day moneybomb!

Participation is simple: On September 17th, donate a minimum of $50 in support of Rand Paul and the Constitution. After donating, send out a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram post with the hashtags #StandWithRand and #WeThePeople

If successful, this event will reach and be supported by THOUSANDS of supporters, and we can raise a huge numbers for the best candidate for individual freedoms and liberty.
    Looks good, I like it.

I'm not sure what suggested amount works best, I notice the campaign asks for $20.16 as a standard in their emails and Tweets. But I've also gotten things asking for just $5.

I figure they do that because they just want to get people to make a first donation even if it's small as an ice breaker, and then the campaign has their info and can market to them later.

Facebook version: https://Facebook.com/RandPaulMoneyBo...857825/?type=1

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

############

On September 17, 1787, the Constitution was adopted by the United States and on September 17, 2015, supporters of freedom and liberty will donate to the Rand Paul for President 2016 campaign to launch him to victory. Rand Paul is a tireless defender of the Bill of Rights and so are we! To symbolize our support, we will be launching our Constitution Day moneybomb!

Participation is simple: On September 17th, donate anything that you can in support of Rand Paul and the Constitution. After donating, send out a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram post with the hashtags #StandWithRand and #WeThePeople

This event will reach and be supported by THOUSANDS of supporters, and we can raise a huge numbers for the best candidate for individual freedoms and liberty, but Rand needs you to do your part to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    On September 17, 1787, the Constitution was adopted by the United States and on September 17, 2015, supporters of freedom and liberty will donate to the Rand Paul for President 2016 campaign to launch him to victory. Rand Paul is a tireless defender of the Bill of Rights and so are we! To symbolize our support, we will be launching our Constitution Day moneybomb!

Participation is simple: On September 17th, donate anything that you can in support of Rand Paul and the Constitution. After donating, send out a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram post with the hashtags #StandWithRand and #WeThePeople

This event will reach and be supported by THOUSANDS of supporters, and we can raise a huge numbers for the best candidate for individual freedoms and liberty, but Rand needs you to do your part to make this happen.
    Thanks Carlton. +Rep

Guys one of our pro video editors from 2012 just got in touch with me. He's down for creating a video for the MB the only problem is doesn't have the time to scan through videos to look for soundbites. If anyone has an idea and can scan through videos jotting down time stamps he would be willing to build the video and make it look great. I would do it myself but I'm slammed right now between everything else I'm committed to. Anyone want to put their Film Director hat on and put together a script?

Respond here or PM me.

Guys one of our pro video editors from 2012 just got in touch with me. He's down for creating a video for the MB the only problem is doesn't have the time to scan through videos to look for soundbites. If anyone has an idea and can scan through videos jotting down time stamps he would be willing to build the video and make it look great. I would do it myself but I'm slammed right now between everything else I'm committed to. Anyone want to put their Film Director hat on and put together a script?

Respond here or PM me.
    What would be the theme for the video? What should I be looking for in these clips?

I'm going to try to make a graphic about how buying stuff from the store also counts towards the money bomb total.

Might get someone that wasn't sure about donating but would agree to buy a shirt or whatever... or someone that would donate $20 but might buy $100 worth of swag.

Just to check again, I know it's a long shot but does anyone have a connection to some kind of prize we can give away for people that promote the money bomb? I have the potential contest set up but don't have a prize yet.

Could be anything from the super awesome like meeting Rand, a phone call, short video shout out, or letter from Rand type thing.

Next level of still really cool would be if someone here were going to a Rand event and got him to sign a pocket Constitution or something. Or any other ideas you might have for a prize that would motivate people to share and promote the money bomb.

What would be the theme for the video? What should I be looking for in these clips?
    I'd imagine the clip of him saying we should boldy march forth carrying the Constitution in one hand and the bill of rights in the other is a must. I think he said it a couple times but i believe it was the most enthusiastic in his announcement speech. Id link it but i cant buffer video well right now. Anything with him talking about protecting different amendments which there should be a lot of to choose from
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Constitution Day of course.

Was thinking of something along the lines of this, only better. I remember Napolitano did an interview a couple of months ago talking about Rand maybe we include that along with some mentions of others endorsing Rand, including Ron? If so we would need to locate those videos and get timestamps that he can use.

Integrated with the current Avatar and Logo intermixed with Rand Paul quotes.

I could send him the video we currently have for quotes and he can do his video and animation magic?

Wanted to see if anyone had a different thought, or ideas on this?

Edit: Here is a video some guy (probably from DP) edited from an original video on youtube for the 7th, I think he just grabbed a video someone else made and slapped in the text. If we are to use any of these clips someone would need to help find the originals on youtube without the sound over and text effects. If you can spare some time please help find these, or if there are any other ideas, please share.

Or perhaps a similar style like this? Again we would need someone to go out and help find clips on youtube with links and timestamps if needed to get HQ video to be used.

Last edited by orenbus; 09-04-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ds21089 View Post
    I'd imagine the clip of him saying we should boldy march forth carrying the Constitution in one hand and the bill of rights in the other is a must. I think he said it a couple times but i believe it was the most enthusiastic in his announcement speech. Id link it but i cant buffer video well right now. Anything with him talking about protecting different amendments which there should be a lot of to choose from
    Yeah, that was the original clip that inspired me to make a short video. It's a good quote and fits the theme well.

I was trying to fit that in to a short 20-30 second thing for people with short attention spans, but it just didn't flow right. I also wanted the "Will you lovers of liberty rise to the occasion?" part at the end as a call to action.

I was in a rush when looking for those clips so that's the best I could find that were Constitution related. And I wanted to use ones where he was speaking strong and emphatically. When he speaks like that people get excited. The whole announcement speech is good.

Constitution Day of course.

I could send him the video we currently have for quotes and he can do his video and animation magic?

Oh yeah, I like that old Ron Paul Constitution Day one with clips from The Patriot and stuff. Fits with the guy in the avatar. I can't think of any movies or series that have parts about the Constitution... The Patriot and John Adams are good but have to do with Independence. But I guess it can be used as background footage.

I can PM you the links to the videos and time stamps I used if you guys end up wanting to use any of them.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, that was the original clip that inspired me to make a short video. It's a good quote and fits the theme well.

I was trying to fit that in to a short 20-30 second thing for people with short attention spans, but it just didn't flow right. I also wanted the "Will you lovers of liberty rise to the occasion?" part at the end as a call to action.

I was in a rush when looking for those clips so that's the best I could find that were Constitution related. And I wanted to use ones where he was speaking strong and emphatically. When he speaks like that people get excited. The whole announcement speech is good.

Oh yeah, I like that old Ron Paul Constitution Day one with clips from The Patriot and stuff. Fits with the guy in the avatar. I can't think of any movies or series that have parts about the Constitution... The Patriot and John Adams are good but have to do with Independence. But I guess it can be used as background footage.

I can PM you the links to the videos and time stamps I used if you guys end up wanting to use any of them.
    Yea please! +Rep (You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jackie Moon again.)

I like that video, but the one thing I'd change is putting the clutching of the Constitution and Bill of Rights bit at the end or very close to it. I think it's a very powerful statement and it's great to end it on a positive, energetic note leading into asking for donations.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Yea please! +Rep (You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jackie Moon again.)
    Tyty, PM sent

The Facebook page is almost at 400 likes now thanks to Orenbus inviting his friends.

You can do the same thing too, it works like sending event invitations and it's a huge help.

http://Facebook.com/RandPaulMoneyBomb

Also goes without saying that if you haven't done that with the event you should do that too. Even if you don't know whether you can donate you can still join the event and invite your friends. It's the best way to get the word out, and collectively the people you invite might donate a lot of money... so you'd still be helping.

http://Facebook.com/events/1473078286348947

If anyone is willing to pay for a press release distribution service directly to the third party company on our behalf for something that is ready to go please PM me. We want to get the word out about the Moneybomb through the media to also reach out to older supporters that may not necessarily be connected to FB, Twitter, etc.

If anyone is willing to pay for a press release distribution service directly to the third party company on our behalf for something that is ready to go please PM me. We want to get the word out about the Moneybomb through the media to also reach out to older supporters that may not necessarily be connected to FB, Twitter, etc.

This would a good way to reach more people outside of Facebook and Twitter.

Speaking of Facebook, we just passed 400 going to the event and are at 395 likes on the page. You already know what to do so I don't even need to say it again.

Trying something new with that last one because Vine videos auto play in people's feed and catch more attention than regular images.

Tomorrow is the Labor Day Moneybomb, I heard they supposedly will have a ticker up? Should I chip in a little bit or wait?

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    Tomorrow is the Labor Day Moneybomb, I heard they supposedly will have a ticker up? Should I chip in a little bit or wait?
    Gotta go with the moneybomb date of Constitution day on the 17th of Sept. Give all you can, I'll do the same.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Gotta go with the moneybomb date of Constitution day on the 17th of Sept. Give all you can, I'll do the same.
    Thanks for the RT's and the endorsement.

I don't want to sound biased and don't want to tell people what they should do, so I'll let you decide for yourself.

I will say though that the Constitution Day Money Bomb has really been picking up momentum over the past days, so I'm glad that we still have 10 more days to promote. Every person that shares the graphics and invites their friends to the event helps multiply our reach. Together we will be able to reach many more people over the next 10 days than we have so far - which is already in the 10's of thousands.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with the two other groups regarding a ticker or the campaign - but from what I've heard I am pretty confident there will be a ticker up for the 17th.

I want to thank everyone again that is helping promote across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Google+ etc... the amount of likes and comments and shares are amazing.

The campaign is aware of what's going on, so you can help make sure they have no choice but to adopt it by continuing to share and showing them that there is overwhelming support for a Constitution Day Money Bomb.

Anyone here have one of those radio voices that would be interested in doing a voice over for a promo video, or knows someone that does?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast