Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump on the need for NSA phone data collection (video)

Donald Trump on the need for NSA phone data collection (video)

"security has to preside...and be pre-eminent"
    "if anyone wants to listen to my phone calls, it's fine"
    "I think we have to err on the side of security"
    "we don't love it, but we have probably not much of a choice"
    "it doesn't seem to be very popular, what [Rand Paul's] doing"
    "Most people seem to feel the way I do"
    "My best trait will be security"

http://video.foxnews.com/v/426835407...#sp=show-clips
    Hope Rand is on this...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And people that supported RP support this guy? The world is one upside down place! It is really becoming a freak show that leaves you scratching your head in wonder.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    And people that supported RP support this guy? The world is one upside down place! It is really becoming a freak show that leaves you scratching your head in wonder.
    Anyone on here who supports Trump is no friend of liberty and ought to be booted.

Rand should have kept his good relationship with Trump intact rather than burn that bridge. He could have had his ear on this issue.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Rand should have kept his good relationship with Trump intact rather than burn that bridge. He could have had his ear on this issue.
    Bull$#@!. So it is Rand's fault now that Trump supports the surveillance state. Trump listens to no one but his own, great gapping mouth. He wants that power and totally will use that power. The more I hear from trump the more I think I would vote for McCain of Obama before him. He has zero restraint in how he would use power to get his enemies and it doesn't take much to become his enemy.
    Last edited by klamath; 08-17-2015 at 06:39 PM.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Kahless,Trump isnt a principled constitutionalist. If he did heed Paul's words he would likely change his tune whenever it best suited him.. just like all his political positions heretofore. I am glad he burned the bridge and I am glad Trump said this because now we could legitimately attack him and win the debate. Screw Trump!

Damn, these Trump supporters are certifiably insane, who gives a fly $%#@ about having Trumps ear?
    "The Patriarch"

I gotta say this... most people dont give a $#@! about government spying on citizens. Even if they do, its not a main issue. Reason why rand isnt doing too well because not many voters think privacy and warrants is important at the moment. Blaring about warrants and 4th amendment is not working.

Current issue is immigration, specifically anti illegal immigrants.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump doesn't care what Rand thinks. And he doesn't care what's right. Trump wants to be #1 at all of our expenses. Rand is standing up and telling this bully and telling him, "You'll have to go through me first." And good for him for that. I stand with Rand. Where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Anyone on here who supports Trump is no friend of liberty and ought to be booted.
    I agree. That's exactly what I said.

LOL! Blaming Rand Paul for Trump being a big brother SOB like he has always been.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Damn, these Trump supporters are certifiably insane, who gives a fly $%#@ about having Trumps ear?
    They do. Maybe they want to kiss it.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Ron/Rand were always the type to play it cool and reach across the aisle to build relationships with the opposition to work with people on issues despite ideological differences. They even kept it cool with the likes of McCain and Graham but hit back eloquently when need be.

It will be more difficult to get things done if Trump is elected President by burning that bridge.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Ron/Rand were always the type to play it cool and reach across the aisle to build relationships with the opposition to work with people on issues despite ideological differences. They even kept it cool with the likes of McCain and Graham but hit back eloquently when need be.

It will be more difficult to get things done if Trump is elected President by burning that bridge.
    Trump won't be elected president. Rand's goal right now is, and should be, to beat him. To a bloody pulp.

If trump was ever elected he would NEVER go through congress. He would rule by executive order. He literally would have to be impeached to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Trump won't be elected president. Rand's goal right now is, and should be, to beat him. To a bloody pulp.
    Rand is a sitting senator, not Trump. Rand is the statesman and he is the single most recognized person on this NSA issue. I would rather see him educate and maintain relationships he will need if he does not win rather than get into the mud.

This is too important an issue and some of you guys can't see it since you suffer from paranoid delusions at the mention of Trump or even the slightest disagreement with the way the Rand campaign is being handled.

Nothing I said could be construed as supporting Trump or believing he is Constitutionalist. Geez,

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I guess Ron and Rand should have kissed Obama's butt so they would have his ear when he became President.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Nothing I said could be construed as supporting Trump or believing he is Constitutionalist. Geez,
    Exactly.

One might disagree that Rand should try to influence Trump, but to say that it's the same thing as blaming Rand for Trump's views (as klamath and William Tell did) is lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I guess Ron and Rand should have kissed Obama's butt so they would have his ear when he became President.
    Obama = opposition party

Rand is a sitting senator, not Trump. Rand is the statesman and he is the single most recognized person on this NSA issue. I would rather see him educate and maintain relationships he will need if he does not win rather than get into the mud.

This is too important an issue and some of you guys can't see it since you suffer from paranoid delusions at the mention of Trump or even the slightest disagreement with the way the Rand campaign is being handled.

Every post I've seen from you of late has been nothing but supporting Trump. If you're not a Trump supporter, start showing it.

I never implied that you thought he was a constitutionalist. You know he hates the Constitution, and you love him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Every post I've seen from you of late has been nothing but supporting Trump. If you're not a Trump supporter, start showing it.
    That is simply not true. Go mind yourself and stop with the Trump paranoia.

It must be spreading, I see the same thing.
    "The Patriarch"

Obama = opposition party
    Trump was a member long enough that Slick Willie called him up to encourage him. How much butt do you want Rand to kiss to get himself the same Trump access as Bill Clinton?
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I'm also going to second erowe1's thoughts here. You've been an absolute downer ever since this Trump thing started, and frankly I'm starting to question your motives, and if not your motives, definitely your sanity.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand filibustered for hours on this issue. It is how he made his name. If Trump didn't get it then he never would have.

This is absurd.

The only reason Rand should have gone easy on Trump was to avoid getting on the bad side of the conservative wing of the party.

There is not a chance in heck that Trump would actually listen to Paul about this topic. Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
    The only reason Rand should have gone easy on Trump was to avoid getting on the bad side of the conservative wing of the party.
    That's enough reason to not attack. It didn't make strategic sense from the campaign point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
    There is not a chance in heck that Trump would actually listen to Paul about this topic. Get real.
    It's not the only topic. It's better to not burn bridges unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I'm also going to second erowe1's thoughts here. You've been an absolute downer ever since this Trump thing started, and frankly I'm starting to question your motives, and if not your motives, definitely your sanity.
    I disagree with Rand's Trump strategy and have been correct so far in my assessment. Look at where we are at in the polls.

Trump released his immigration plan, it was discussed in forum and is just one issue. I am not going to read it and deny that Trump's proposal on H-1B is pro-American citizen as compared to Rand that favors foreign workers.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Trump was a member long enough that Slick Willie called him up to encourage him. How much butt do you want Rand to kiss to get himself the same Trump access as Bill Clinton?
    Rand has built his career building coalitions and working with the opposition to get things done. He would not have made it as far as he did if were it not for him being a skillful politician. It therefore blows the mind when you see him do a 180 with the last person he should have attacked on that stage therefore losing his anti-establishment support.

Even Ron worked with Romney during the 2012 campaign. Many here thought he had taken it too far but now we have a campaign that went too far the other way. If Trump is elected President at least Cruz might be able to bend his ear. In this cycle it appears that Cruz has something go on behind the scenes with Trump.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-17-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Trump is nobody's friend.

It therefore blows the mind when you see him do a 180 with the last person he should have attacked on that stage therefore losing his anti-establishment support.
    You're not alone on this. Alex Jones and Peter Schiff, and it seems just about everyone who isn't posting on this forum thinks it was a mistake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast