Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Letter to the Forum: We Need to Talk and It's Time to Get Serious.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    There needs to come a point when people pull their heads out of the sand and face reality, this place is always slow to it. Rand is not 78, he's a sitting US Senator and he's not running out of time, we can't throw it all away for nothing. Rand needs to respect his father's base if he wants to utilize them, he should of been making the case as Ron would of.
    Yeah, I don't think Rand is going to win this time. But he could in the future.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Rand is going to win this time. But he could in the future.
    I don't think he could win at this exact time. But I think he could win in the very near future.

Suppose the volatility in China and Greece is a harbinger of an October crash this very autumn? Then, all of America will wake up and say, 'It's the economy, stupid!'

We can work with a situation like that. We could win it even without that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd simply like to see the site mission enforced and the obvious trolls and shills banned and continue to be banned. Why such disruptions are allowed to continue, even while moderators themselves frequent the discussions, makes no sense. It's time to clean house around here. Hopefully someone in position to do so will step up and do what needs to be done to keep this forum from becoming irrelevant. If it doesn't occur then one has to wonder why it is being allowed to be subverted?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Ron made the case. We said, that was good, people need education, we needed education, but now we need to win. So, Rand stepped up, took at us at our word, and ran a campaign calculated to win. Then The Establishment did what they do. They came up with someone who could throw red meat at rank and file Republicans, and pointed their cameras at him 24/7. No, he's not anti-establishment (not with Billary at his wedding), no he's not conservative, yes it's obvious he's playing them, but he has the Liberal Media Seal of Approval and lots of coverage, so the rank and file is eating the B.S. like it's chocolate.

And then they started trying to convince us that the guy who killed the PATRIOT Act is Just Another Establishment Candidate. Even though we know better. And there are actually a few non-trolls around here weak-minded enough to buy that.

And here we are playing defense on our own forum. If this forum insists on allowing The Establishment to spam us, and tie us up cleaning the litter out of our own front yard so we can't spread the word, then maybe we need to start another one.

All very good points. AMEN...

If people can't start seeing it for what it really is, there is no point in electoral politics, everyone should just give up if they're going to purity test everyone who isn't a 100% clone of "the father".
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    Well I'll be honest, with all of these naysayers, purposeful button pushers, and outright Trump shills around here being allowed to continually undermine the purpose and mission of this forum, it's given me great pause about whether or not this place is the most productive environment to work in to promote Rand Paul for president. So, we need to regain control and get this place back on the right track. I know I haven't been the most active member in the past but I've been around for quite a while and it looks like I'm in for the long haul. I love it here, but it's downright discouraging to see this place being overrun with these folks who are drowning out the voices of the productive forum members that are doing everything they can to get Rand the nomination. I understand that some members have issues with Rand and/or his strategy and may want to discuss it and that's ok, but there is getting to be a good amount of these people that are just dissenters trying to drive a wedge and halting any positive movement. As for the people who may be leaning toward Trump, I don't think they should be banned, but the ones that promote Trump endlessly at the cost of our movement(in the Rand Paul section of the forums especially), or the ones who just like to bash Rand(be it a Trump supporter or not) every chance they get without the intent to actually have a discussion(or pretend to want a discussion so they can slyly bash Rand) should be banned as they are hindering the cause and may be discouraging visitors who are thinking of supporting Rand for president.

I want Rand Paul as president just as much as I wanted Ron to be president, and I want to be able to discuss issues and ideas to promote Rand without every other post saying "well he'll never get back above 3% because the campaign doesn't know what they're doing". That kind of negativity will get us nowhere. There are all kinds of factors in play as to why Rand Paul is where he is in the polls. And at this point the polls shouldn't be depressing us. It's far to early to give up yet. The guys running this campaign have been involved in major campaigns and have won some very tough races. I don't think they're incompetent. (Good reading material on the campaign can be found here and here.) Plus, we have some very capable PAC's on our side as well. It's pretty awesome that Matt Kibbe believes in Rand so much that he stepped down from FreedomWorks to devote his time to electing him president.

So please, let's get it together and work as a team to elect the most libertarian/constitutional president this country has seen in many, many years. Your lives will be better for it and those lives around you will be better for it. Rand Paul has the message that can and will win. I'm slowly winning the people in my life over to Rand Paul everyday and just about every one of those I had won over to Ron in the past are already on Rand's side as well. We need to get busy, get this moneybomb set up and help spread the message to those who have not heard it or those who are simply misguided but willing to listen. There's one big reason this message spreads so well: "Freedom is popular!"

The media is trying to snuff us out and their poison has definitely seeped in. That's one thing that's never really happened to us before. We have never let the media sway us this much. We have fought. And we must continue to fight. We must not retreat under the weight of their lies. Fight! And take back hard won ground. We are the champions of liberty and Rand wears that banner with us. He has fought for us and he will continue to fight for us. Ron stand's in his corner and we must continue to stand in his corner. If we can band together like we have in the past, I've no doubt we'll come away victorious when all is said and done!

For Liberty!,

Gary
    I appreciate what you are saying. I am guilty of complaining about the Rand campaign strategy, myself. But I will do anything I can to help him win. This forum is so different than it once was. There are some that just troll and argue, and name call, then we have one person who intentionally rips off RPF members, and advertises RPF in other avenues to rip them off as well. This forum needs a complete face lift. I don't know if the moderators are new, but the ship needs to tighten up because it is definitely off course.

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    Well I'll be honest, with all of these naysayers, purposeful button pushers, and outright Trump shills around here being allowed to continually undermine the purpose and mission of this forum, it's given me great pause about whether or not this place is the most productive environment to work in to promote Rand Paul for president. So, we need to regain control and get this place back on the right track. I know I haven't been the most active member in the past but I've been around for quite a while and it looks like I'm in for the long haul. I love it here, but it's downright discouraging to see this place being overrun with these folks who are drowning out the voices of the productive forum members that are doing everything they can to get Rand the nomination. I understand that some members have issues with Rand and/or his strategy and may want to discuss it and that's ok, but there is getting to be a good amount of these people that are just dissenters trying to drive a wedge and halting any positive movement. As for the people who may be leaning toward Trump, I don't think they should be banned, but the ones that promote Trump endlessly at the cost of our movement(in the Rand Paul section of the forums especially), or the ones who just like to bash Rand(be it a Trump supporter or not) every chance they get without the intent to actually have a discussion(or pretend to want a discussion so they can slyly bash Rand) should be banned as they are hindering the cause and may be discouraging visitors who are thinking of supporting Rand for president.

I want Rand Paul as president just as much as I wanted Ron to be president, and I want to be able to discuss issues and ideas to promote Rand without every other post saying "well he'll never get back above 3% because the campaign doesn't know what they're doing". That kind of negativity will get us nowhere. There are all kinds of factors in play as to why Rand Paul is where he is in the polls. And at this point the polls shouldn't be depressing us. It's far to early to give up yet. The guys running this campaign have been involved in major campaigns and have won some very tough races. I don't think they're incompetent. (Good reading material on the campaign can be found here and here.) Plus, we have some very capable PAC's on our side as well. It's pretty awesome that Matt Kibbe believes in Rand so much that he stepped down from FreedomWorks to devote his time to electing him president.

So please, let's get it together and work as a team to elect the most libertarian/constitutional president this country has seen in many, many years. Your lives will be better for it and those lives around you will be better for it. Rand Paul has the message that can and will win. I'm slowly winning the people in my life over to Rand Paul everyday and just about every one of those I had won over to Ron in the past are already on Rand's side as well. We need to get busy, get this moneybomb set up and help spread the message to those who have not heard it or those who are simply misguided but willing to listen. There's one big reason this message spreads so well: "Freedom is popular!"

The media is trying to snuff us out and their poison has definitely seeped in. That's one thing that's never really happened to us before. We have never let the media sway us this much. We have fought. And we must continue to fight. We must not retreat under the weight of their lies. Fight! And take back hard won ground. We are the champions of liberty and Rand wears that banner with us. He has fought for us and he will continue to fight for us. Ron stand's in his corner and we must continue to stand in his corner. If we can band together like we have in the past, I've no doubt we'll come away victorious when all is said and done!

For Liberty!,

Gary
    +rep

Honestly, I doubt it was their intent. But the Trump trolls have made me more of a Rand supporter. I was really on the fence about him before they came here and convinced me that Trump and his trolls all need to be cut down a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'd simply like to see the site mission enforced and the obvious trolls and shills banned and continue to be banned. Why such disruptions are allowed to continue, even while moderators themselves frequent the discussions, makes no sense. It's time to clean house around here. Hopefully someone in position to do so will step up and do what needs to be done to keep this forum from becoming irrelevant. If it doesn't occur then one has to wonder why it is being allowed to be subverted?
    Things are being done. How do you know what you haven't seen? If an inflammatory or out of order post is removed, you don't see it or know about it. And a site dedicated to liberty and open discussion is prone to err on the side of freedom of speech.

As always, report posts that are out of order in Rand's sub-forum (attacking Rand, calling Rand names, overt attempts to demoralize suporters). Usual rules apply to all other forums. Report as necessary.

And just because a moderator posts in a thread, it doesn't mean that they have read every post in the thread.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Also, to the extent 'anti' Rand posts are genuine, they reflect opinions that need counter-opinions. It's always better to refute than delete. Please do report what you see, and please do aim to not let the negativity personally affect you.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Honestly, I doubt it was their intent. But the Trump trolls have made me more of a Rand supporter. I was really on the fence about him before they came here and convinced me that Trump and his trolls all need to be cut down a notch.
    No kidding, I feel the same way. lol.
    When you know Its name, you know pride.
    It is our nature, It is man.
    Yet It is ripped from our souls, so
    When you know Its meaning, you feel pain.
    [ama-gi]
    Don't despair MAN:
    It is our nature, It will return to you.
    It will keep your heart beating, and soon It will overcome.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    tuna

What is our 'tuna'? I haven't been able to figure that one out. I thought it was liberty - it isn't......
    cop shot dog?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Can I get an amen?

There is a time and place for debate and discussion, and then there is a time for energizing, organizing and hedging your bets to win.

This is the latest cycle, and if you aren't in this to win it for Rand, DO NOT COMMENT ON THE RAND PAUL PART OF THE FORUMS.

If you aren't on board now, then that ship has sailed. Now is the time to DO. Money bomb organization. Grassroots Connecting. Caucus prep (are you a PCO in your state?)

NO ONE BUT PAUL!

AMEN!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12