Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump says that he looks for advice from John Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    that ship sailed 20 years ago
    Only twenty?
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Yeah, Rand should and will go after him on this.
    Trump would counter with Rand having voted for sanctions on Iran; wanting to partition Iraq and Syria to create a Kurdish 'homeland' and exile Assad. Rand has no moral or principled authority on this one.

In a Facebook post, the Kentucky senator said his three concerns were: “1) sanctions relief precedes evidence of compliance, 2) Iran is left with significant nuclear capacity, 3) it lifts the ban on selling advanced weapons to Iran.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...#ixzz3jaaP5wPg
    "We should not trust [Iran] with a nuclear weapon ever," Paul said Tuesday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity."

Read more: http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/rand...#ixzz3jab6drSH
    Not content to intervene in only Iran, Rand would also intervene in Iraq and Syria -- redrawing their borders and overturning a government.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...ion-with-isis/

Rand: ‘Assad Going Into Exile’ Would Be ‘Part Of the Solution’ With ISIS
    by Ian Hanchett
    breitbart.com
    22 May 2015

Kentucky Senator and GOP presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) argued that “part of the solution” to fighting ISIS “would be Assad going into exile” on Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Lead.”

“There’s a couple things I would do. One, I would promise the Kurds a homeland. They’re the best fighters over there, and I would equip them directly with arms. ...” Rand stated.

Rand continued, “... I would go to the Turks and I would say to the Turks and to the Kurds, I would say, ‘What about the Kurds having a homeland within Iraq, and maybe within that little sliver of Syria ...? But the Kurds would have to give up pretension to wanting land in Turkey ...”

He concluded, “... So part of the solution would be Assad going into exile ...”
    Right. So, Rand is going to completely ignore Jeffersons' advice.

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations - entangling alliances with none."
    And the advice of Adams,

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She well knows that by one enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standards of freedom. The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force....""
    But Rand isn't done yet. He also wants to intervene in a squabble between Russia and Ukraine.

http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1115

Sen. Paul’s Statement on Situation in Ukraine
    paul.senate.gov
    Feb 28, 2014

Sen. Rand Paul today issued the following statement in reaction to the developing situation in Ukraine:

"We live in an interconnected world and the United States has a vital role in the stability of that world. The United States should make it abundantly clear to Russia that we expect them to honor the December 1994 Budapest Memorandum, in which the U.S., Russia, and the United Kingdom reaffirmed their commitment 'to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.'
    The obvious question to Rand with regards to Russia meeting his expectations is, "Or what? What would Rand do to Russia if it does not honor the December 1994 Budapest Memorandum?"

At least Trump has the good sense to not start dividing up Iraq and Syria and he also wants to avoid Ukraine ...

http://russia-insider.com/en/politic...n-world/ri9118

Donald Trump Schools Whiny Brit - "Crimea is Your Problem, Not Ours" (Video)
    Russia Insider
    August 6, 2015

"... 'Let me explain first of all — this [Ukraine] is Europe’s problem much more than ours, OK?' Trump told CNN during a trip to Scotland.

"... 'But why isn’t Germany leading this one?' Trump asked. 'You know Germany is a very rich, very powerful nation. Why aren’t they dealing on it more so? Everything the United States — we’re like the policeman of the world.'"
    ... and bring our troops home from Afghanistan ...

Bill O'Reilly Donald Trump FULL Interview 2011
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6G4...outu.be&t=1344

AFGHANISTAN
    30:49
    Q: Afghanistan ... What I'm getting from you though is you would withdraw US troops out of Afghanistan.
    A: "Yes, I would."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Yep. Bolton has NOT been arguing for 11 years that the Iraq invasion was a disaster. Bolton does NOT believe in ratcheting down tension with Russia, as Trump does. Bolton does NOT believe in closing down many overseas military bases as Trump called for in Mobile tonight. Trump just knows that the name John Bolton is popular with FoxNews watchers, so he throws the name out there. It's just an easy way to score points in the polls, regardless if it's true or not.
    Good points. Bolton and Trump do appear to see things much differently, and that's a good thing because Bolton is a warmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    But Rand isn't done yet. He also wants to intervene in a squabble between Russia and Ukraine.

The obvious question to Rand with regards to Russia meeting his expectations is, "Or what? What would Rand do to Russia if it does not honor the December 1994 Budapest Memorandum?"

At least Trump has the good sense to not start dividing up Iraq and Syria and he also wants to avoid Ukraine ...

... and bring our troops home from Afghanistan ...
    Firstly, who says Rand wouldn't get us out of Afghanistan? Secondly, what is Trump going to do when he tells Putin to send Snowden home, and Putin says, 'Or what?' Thirdly, whose oil is Rand Paul out to steal? And how is Trump going to hold that ground long enough to pump that oil out without creating any entangling alliances?

No. As we saw after the debate, Trump won't engage in any fights he knows he's going to lose.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-22-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    If Trump just threw out a name without knowing the background, it means that he is dangerously ignorant of the American political landscape.
    That may be true. Didn't he say that Iran was funneling money to ISIS?
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12