View Poll Results: Should Trump supporters be banned from this forum?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 24.75%
  • No

76 75.25%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Trump supporters be banned from this forum?

Should Trump supporters be banned from this forum?

Sorry, but I'm getting really annoyed with the Trump supporters and how they act here. All they do is constantly talk about Trump and never offer anything of substance. They're supporting a big government statist who's a sworn enemy of liberty. That makes them enemies of liberty as well. Should we allow enemies of liberty to post here? Thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, but maybe we should have a poll whether those recommending such things should be banned.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

doing something like that would just encourage people to like trump more
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    No, but maybe we should have a poll whether those recommending such things should be banned.
    Go ahead. And if you want to defend a big government statist like Trump, be my guest. I'm just sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Go ahead. And if you want to defend a big government statist like Trump, be my guest. I'm just sick of it.
    Then don't read it.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Then don't read it.
    I thought this was a forum for people who support liberty and advocate liberty? How can someone possibly be a supporter of liberty and support someone like Trump? Ron Paul said himself that Trump is the exact opposite of a libertarian.

I thought this was a forum for people who support liberty and advocate liberty? How can someone possibly be a supporter of liberty and support someone like Trump? Ron Paul said himself that Trump is the exact opposite of a libertarian.
    This forum isn't just for libertarians and quite frankly, libertarians don't have the corner on liberty. In fact, some work directly against it.
    ================

This forum isn't just for libertarians and quite frankly, libertarians don't have the corner on liberty. In fact, some work directly against it.
    Donald Trump isn't even a conservative, let alone a libertarian. He was for Obama's stimulus, for the bank bailouts, for the auto bailouts, for a single payer healthcare system, etc. He's the exact opposite of someone who believes in liberty and limited government. He's the exact opposite of a conservative as well. He's a big government liberal. No one who supports his candidacy for President could possibly be someone who believes in liberty and limited government.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Support of Trump and calling Rand names are certainly frowned upon in Rand's Sub-forum.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

No.

Let them have their fun.

When the Trump-gasm has shot its wad, they'll wash out their mouths, sigh and quietly vote Jeb.

Depends. The spammers need to be banned.

We allow the competition to send their paid shills here so we can practice destroying them. But when they start posting the same previously debunked lies in multiple forums, then they aren't just shills any more, they're spammers. And at that point, we are no longer teaching each how to disarm these arguments. Instead, we're being held hostage by litterbugs. If we go out into the wider world, lies pile up in our own front yard.

I see no reason why we should put up with that.

That's why free speech has never been frowned upon here, but 'low value' (repetitive) posts have led to a great many being banned. And I say we evolved to do it that way for good reasons. That ain't broke. Don't fix it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Ban them all, if its possible and make note of their ip addresses and make sure they wouldn't be able to ever return to this site. These backstabbers are worse that establishment voters since they have indeed woken up and then went straight back to being duped by the same establishment type politicians they supposedly woke up to.

There are certain people on the RPFs who seriously advocate shooting illegal aliens when they cross the border. Trump supporters are way down the list of people to be concerned about 'round here IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    There are certain people on the RPFs who seriously advocate shooting illegal aliens when they cross the border. Trump supporters are way down the list of people to be concerned about 'round here IMHO.
    They're probably one and the same. The Trump supporters here seem to be one issue voters who believe that Trump's hardline stance on illegal immigration trumps his liberal positions on all of the other issues.

libertarians don't have the corner on liberty. In fact, some work directly against it.
    eeeeeyep. I see a lot of active work against a genuine free market principle, too. And, ironically, in the name of liberty. Is disgraceful. Transparent as it is I think its still disgraceful. And it's interesting because these friends will expose themselves without pause there if one baits them into it by way of initiating a theoretical position on a given issue. I've done it just to see. Works. A lot of times some of our "libertarian" friends will promote a mercantilist model in the name of a free market. This is, of course, an illusion. A stalking horse scenario. Very disingenuous.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-15-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Depends. The spammers need to be banned.

We allow the competition to send their paid shills here so we can practice destroying them. But when they start posting the same previously debunked lies in multiple forums, then they aren't just shills any more, they're spammers. And at that point, we are no longer teaching each how to disarm these arguments. Instead, we're being held hostage by litterbugs. If we go out into the wider world, lies pile up in our own front yard.

I see no reason why we should put up with that.

That's why free speech has never been frowned upon here, but 'low value' (repetitive) posts have led to a great many being banned. And I say we evolved to do it that way for good reasons. That ain't broke. Don't fix it.
    Every time a forum member here uses the word debunk, I have this picture in my head of Glenn Beck literally regurgitating $#@! from his mouth all over the camera.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Every time a forum member here uses the word debunk, I have this picture in my head of Glenn Beck literally regurgitating $#@! from his mouth all over the camera.
    I don't like that term either. It gets thrown out a lot. And most times I think it just gets thrown out there in order to avoid further discussion with regard to a given subject or issue. 9 times out of 10 the person saying they debunked something you can go back through the forum and see where they actually got their rear end handed to them on the given subject. I like to go back and bump those discussions whenever someone throws out the notion that they debunked something. I find that we understand one another a bit better that way while the terms of controversy remain intact.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-15-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No.

Let them have their fun.

When the Trump-gasm has shot its wad, they'll wash out their mouths, sigh and quietly vote Jeb.
    Ya I don't even care if a Jeb supporter posts here - as long as they are polite and obey forum rules.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Sorry, but I'm getting really annoyed with the Trump supporters and how they act here. All they do is constantly talk about Trump and never offer anything of substance. They're supporting a big government statist who's a sworn enemy of liberty. That makes them enemies of liberty as well. Should we allow enemies of liberty to post here? Thoughts?
    Just give them neg reps.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya I don't even care if a Jeb supporter posts here - as long as they are polite and obey forum rules.
    I remember getting banned from Mitt Romney fan sites immediately. Some even had filters to block Ron Paul as if it was a swear word.

- Edward R. Murrow

Perhaps create a Sub-Forum titled... "TRUMP TRUTH"... and it is inevitable that those supporting trump would go in there and see what it is about....

I mean, you can only live with cognitive dissonance so long before reality sets in, and you finally have that "AHA" moment... I think we could wisen up some of them..
    To even fathom that trump is a conservative, let alone a republican is assanine.... my guess is these trump supporters do NO research on him, have no clue.... let them find out.. in a TRUMP sub-forum.. where there is only TRUMP TRUTHS.... showing his distaste for true conservative values.

I know the Breitbart types love him because they think he will do something about the border AND the fact he wants to turn the brown people in the middle east into a pile of bones.. they love blood, and ignorance over there. A LOT of Israel firster types... love them some welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Yup, I advocate the Border Patrol being able to do that. Absolutely.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-15-2015 at 11:48 PM.
    ================

Trump supporters, Sanders supporters–this place just needs to be busier.
    It doesn't end with this election cycle. Commit to long term change, and you won't see all the GOP state convention shenanigans as the end of the Ron Paul Revolution--but as the end of the neocon control of the GOP, (and the beginning of the Ron Paul Revolution). Hang in there for another year or so, and you'll start to see some absolutely amazing results for all of our efforts. ~Ninja Homer

No. You losers and beta males are just going to have to get used to it.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    Perhaps create a Sub-Forum titled... "TRUMP TRUTH"... and it is inevitable that those supporting trump would go in there and see what it is about....

I mean, you can only live with cognitive dissonance so long before reality sets in, and you finally have that "AHA" moment... I think we could wisen up some of them..
    To even fathom that trump is a conservative, let alone a republican is assanine.... my guess is these trump supporters do NO research on him, have no clue.... let them find out.. in a TRUMP sub-forum.. where there is only TRUMP TRUTHS.... showing his distaste for true conservative values.

I know the Breitbart types love him because they think he will do something about the border AND the fact he wants to turn the brown people in the middle east into a pile of bones.. they love blood, and ignorance over there. A LOT of Israel firster types... love them some welfare.
    It really just seems like some conservatives or paleo libertarians or whatever will support Trump as long as he comes out and says that illegal immigrants are rapists, and it doesn't even matter what he says on anything else. He can be in favor of a single payer healthcare system, bailouts, stimulus spending, gun control, and practically every other liberal policy and they simply don't care. But Donald Trump calls illegal immigrants rapists and calls Rosie O'Donnell fat, and that's the only conservative principle that matters, because Donald Trump is being very anti "politically correct." Calling people names and demeaning and insulting people is now a more important conservative principle than reducing the size and scope of government. It's truly the most absurd thing I've ever seen in American politics.

Some are too insipid to realize there are other ways to fix the employment situation than deporting people, yes. Others just automatically fall in love with whomever the media plays up. Some want the country to burn. Some just want the GOP to lose. And some just want to be entertained, period.

WINNING!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-16-2015 at 07:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

LMAO at this. How hard did you try to have me banned just for questioning things about Rand? What is it about Donald Trump that excites you so much? His speech about getting Mexicans out of the U.S.?

We don't ban other liberals do we ?
    "I am a bird"

Banned? No, but I would like to see all the Trump spam quarantined somewhere so that people who come here to decide whether they want to support Paul or not don't get turned off and sent packing to Ted Cruz.

The Trumpsters aren't really that bad if they keep it in the 2016 forum, even the occasional post or 2 in the Rand forum can be done with no problems. The main issue is with the Rand concern trolling, this is driving people away from the site even faster than the fundies and race baiters.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast