Thread: Palin vs. Erickson & Redstate in Major Dustup

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Palin vs. Erickson & Redstate in Major Dustup

Yowzers.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...palin-attacks/

The man in charge at RedState has issued a mea culpa to Sarah Palin and her family. Some question the sincerity of the apparent apology. There’s no way to know what’s truly in a man’s heart, so many are scratching their heads on this one. Some are giving Erickson the benefit of the doubt while others are sensing this one screams of a guy desperately making a last ditch effort to change the prevailing narrative.

That narrative paints Erickson as a misogynistic opportunist. Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and her daughter Bristol drove that point home heavily in recent days. The Palins called out Erickson after he disinvited Donald Trump from a RedState event. Erickson’s reasoning was that Trump’s comments about Fox News’ Megyn Kelly were sexist. The Palins called shenanigans, pointing to prior comments, actions, and editorial decisions by Erickson that were much worse than anything uttered by The Donald.

Now Erickson has written an “I’m sorry” piece. He apologizes profusely for a fake photo of Sarah Palin that RedState ran in a story over two years ago. The timing of the apology is questionable at best. Erickson had years to speak up. Not until the Palins called him out did he break his silence on the matter. He claims he didn’t realize he needed to apologize. In his entry on the subject, Erickson writes “It happened in 2013. I wish I had known from the Palin camp before now that this was a lingering issue.”

Erickson also provides an excuse for the photo flap. “Unfortunately, going back into my calendar, I know why I was slow to respond,” he wrote. “I was in the hospital on July 1, 2013, with my wife. I had to rush her to the emergency room that day and was out of pocket that day and the next, though even while attending to my wife made sure to mount a defense of Governor Palin. I was the only paid employee at RedState at the time and one of the only Palin supporters on the front page of RedState by 2013. The contributors were telling me the picture was real, I was in the hospital, and I went with trusting the guys I’m surrounded with every day and who I’d empowered to decide these things while I was tied up. I am sorry the Palin family has held on to this for so long. I certainly meant no offense and tried to respond as quickly as I could to it, but was limited at the time due to my own family circumstances.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...usted-apology/

Erick Erickson,

Today a friend forwarded your apology for mocking my family – again – and in answer to your point, yes, I do remember people taking repeated potshots at my family, friends, and supporters (many of whom politely pointed out to you and your staffers that the sleazy photoshopped picture you ran of me was indeed fake, but were dismissed and mocked repeatedly for doing so.) Also, in your summary of our interactions, you forgot to mention things like your public comparison of me to L. Ron Hubbard (and not in a way that would make Tom Cruise proud). Apparently you’ve forgotten your other indiscretions, including elevating your staffer, Mr. Wolf, who has been trashing my daughter and entire family on Twitter for days now. Adult males like y’all are just delightful to work with in that GOP machine. Since your man there appears to be your go-to-guy when you want to diss me or my family, try telling him that your organization’s gleeful perpetuation of your problems involving taking unwarranted shots at various conservatives makes it almost silly to take seriously your after-you’ve-been-busted apologies. But thanks for suggesting one anyway today; it’s accepted.

And since we’re clearing the air here, you need to make peace with Mr. Trump and Dr. Carson, whom you also delight in besmirching. They are obviously very sharp, successful, courageous men who certainly did not draw first blood in the battles you picked with them. Do it, so we may have a strong, positive, uncensored primary to elect the strongest nominee to assure there is no “third term” for Barack Obama. And just so you know going forward, a mama grizzly is always going to defend her cubs – especially from a Wolf.

- Sarah Palin

PS: By the way, Erick, it’s August. Why don’t you chill out while Donald Trump brings 24 million people to watch Republican debates, when these debates are full of talented, well-spoken individuals advocating beautifully for our shared values?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Palin is definitely the lesser of two evils here. It's nice to see these types butting heads too.

Erickson has always been a pimp. I got booted off Red State in the summer of 2007 for simply writing "Reagan was a big proponent of the Gold Standard." Even posted a You Tube video of a campaign commercial he ran in either 75 or 76 talking about the only way to fix the dollar was making it as good as gold again. Nixon had closed the Gold Window on this day August 15th 1971 and the rest of the decade the country suffered from inflation.

The picture in question (no longer on Redstate - oh yeah, looks real to me )

Neo- on Teao-con action.

Mama grizzled with blood coming out of her eyes....or wherever.

Hoping for mutually assured destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Neo- on Teao-con action.

Mama grizzled with blood coming out of her eyes....or wherever.

Hoping for mutually assured destruction.
    You do realize that Palin endorsed Rand when he ran for Senate, right?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You do realize that Palin endorsed Rand when he ran for Senate, right?
    So?

Do you realize that I endorsed Rand when he ran for Senate?

Big whoop.

Why do you diminish Rand's value by implying that Palin made him?

She wouldn't endorse anyone unless it was calculated that it would benefit her.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 08-15-2015 at 05:40 PM.