Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump fans are children?

Trump fans are children?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abigailt...gible-to-vote/

Trump reminds me of a middle school kid. I'm not the only one it appears. Middle school kids do too.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/abigailt...gible-to-vote/

Trump reminds me of a middle school kid. I'm not the only one it appears. Middle school kids do too.
    Apparently we have a few of them running around on this forum as well. Someone should tell them that it's way past their bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    [...]
    Are you Donald Trump?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Trump fans aren't children. They're imbeciles.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    They are simply used to taking things at their face value. The country is in a gutter and something needs to be done. Trump promises to do something. We do not know what that is but he seems well intentioned and sincere.

Some of his twitter comments are actually quite immature funny, like the Fiorina giving him a massive headache.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    They are simply used to taking things at their face value. The country is in a gutter and something needs to be done. Trump promises to do something. We do not know what that is but he seems well intentioned and sincere.
    How exactly is that different from what every other politician says. The difference with Trump is that he insulted Mexican people as a whole and the fan boys love it. Rand on the other hand promises something but he reaches out to minorities and even treats them for free. A lot of Trump fan boys hate this, most of them see it like comforting the enemy. To them, it is like seeing the farmer guy from the walking dead holding a pen full of zombies during a zombie apocalypse. It is the immigration thing that is attracting them and his brash attitude he displays when talking about them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    How exactly is that different from what every other politician says. The difference with Trump is that he insulted Mexican people as a whole and the fan boys love it. Rand on the other hand promises something but he reaches out to minorities and even treats them for free. A lot of Trump fan boys hate this, most of them see it like comforting the enemy. To them, it is like seeing the farmer guy from the walking dead holding a pen full of zombies during a zombie apocalypse. It is the immigration thing that is attracting them and his brash attitude he displays when talking about them.
    It's the politics of resentment. Same principle of how things worked in the old Jim Crow south: The uneducated majority lower-class Whites voted for the politicians who kept the Blacks subjugated one rung lower.

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

They are simply used to taking things at their face value...
    No, they are unthinking sheep who are attracted to a strongman. A phenomenon seen over and over in history.

The country is in a gutter and something needs to be done.
    True dat. Installing an authoritarian demagogue like Trump would make things worse. That he has gained such traction shows just how deep the problems are. At the risk of Godwin's law being invoked, it very much reminds me of how Hitler with his force of personality appealed to the anger and biases of the economically-crushed populace to take control of pre-WWII Germany.

If the Trump thing isn't a personality cult, I don't know what is.

Trump promises to do something. We do not know what that is but he seems well intentioned and sincere.
    He sure doesn't seem "well intentioned and sincere" to me. The thought of him being anywhere near the nuclear football frankly scares me. Only saving grace deep down I'll bet he's really a pussy. This guy who thinks he's so smart: Smartest decision he ever made was picking his wealthy, connected father. Without that, he'd just be the blowhard at the corner bar.

It's the politics of resentment. Same principle of how things worked in the old Jim Crow south: The uneducated majority lower-class Whites voted for the politicians who kept the Blacks subjugated one rung lower.
    Yep, it's what got George Wallace elected Governor 3 or 4 times, and a contender for POTUS. The ironic part was that Wallace didn't really believe in it, he just knew there was a built-in base of support if he ran on it.

Many Rand should make an ad saying this. Really, do you think Rand will ever become president insulting voters? Does anyone here seriously want to change this country or just post on a stupid board all day?

What a fantastic way of setting the stage for winning over Trump supporters, if and when he drops out. I am sure they will just want to run to the candidate whose supporters refer to them as IMBECILES.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

LOL @ people taking Trump seriously. Truly, politics is showbiz for the ugly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Many Rand should make an ad saying this. Really, do you think Rand will ever become president insulting voters? Does anyone here seriously want to change this country or just post on a stupid board all day?
    Where do you see me suggesting that Rand make an ad saying that and /or insulting Trump supporters as a strategy?? I'm just venting with my peeps about a very disheartening development in the presidential race. It's a sad commentary about the Republican base, that Trump has achieved such support and influence. And, it's an even sadder commentary that on this site ostensibly dedicated to the cause for Liberty, there are so many posters voicing support for the hypocritical, inconsistent, anti-Liberty authoritarian blowhard that is Trump. \Rant off, now I feel (a little) better.

And I'm not "just posting on a stupid board all day". In fact, I've been around here a lot less lately, because I'm out in the brick-and-mortar world doing local activities to support Rand's candidacy.
    Last edited by francisco; 08-24-2015 at 12:54 AM.

...which is precisely why they're imbeciles.

Like the Obamatons of '08...Change!

...nevermind what kind.

Though, in truth, most voters are like this every election. The Chumps are just an especially obvious case. They sound especially stupid because their leader (unlike most politicians) doesn't bother to supply them with even halfway plausible-sounding slogans to give the illusion of substance. His campaign is openly empty.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 08-24-2015 at 01:11 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Though, in truth, most voters are like this every election. The Chumps are just an especially obvious case. They sound especially stupid because their leader (unlike most politicians) doesn't bother to supply them with even halfway plausible-sounding slogans to give the illusion of substance. His campaign is openly empty.
    LOL, not only is the emptiness open--he actually brags about it! It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...it seems to me 'politics' attracts lots of child-like finger-pointers, etc..

...case in point, i am sometimes criticized as a 'purist' by many fog-headed republicrat bootlickers...but when i don't swallow said republicrat bootlickers' favorite republicrat candidate, these cheerleading, bootlicking 'purists' are out in full stinking force telling me to get in line behind their guy..purely...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 08-24-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Trump's unadulterated immigration comments appeals to the latent racism and xenophobia that has always bubbled under the surface with mainstream Republican voters. There are few candidates who have spoken that way since George Wallace, and they love it.

Fox tells them the Senator who does not take bribes, and votes against every bit of thieving legislation they try to pass, is Establishment because he's a sitting Senator, and the guy who has bought, leased or rented every other Senator is anti-Establishment because he's not a sitting Senator.

And they buy it.

How young a child were you when you were last stupid enough to be able to swallow a whopper like that?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-24-2015 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Trump's unadulterated immigration comments appeals to the latent racism and xenophobia that has always bubbled under the surface with mainstream Republican voters. There are few candidates who have spoken that way since George Wallace, and they love it.
    The sad part is that if these people who I think are frustrated with some of the preferential treatment given to minorities and the immigration laws in this country are actually hurting their cause when they support people like Trump. We are at a point in this country that there are enough white people who would never vote for the republicans because of issues like the environment, welfare system, SS, foreign policy etc etc that a candidate like Trump would almost never win a general election. The only way to achieve their goal of ending those bad policies is through someone like Rand. When Trump fails, it would torpedo the support of these policies for another generation.

If it didn't work for George Wallace then, it surely wouldn't work for someone like Trump now. This is what the AuH20's of this world don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Fox tells them the Senator who does not take bribes and votes against every bit of thieving legislation they try to pass is Establishment because he's a sitting Senator, and the guy who has bought, leased or rented every other Senator is anti-Establishment because he's not a sitting Senator.

And they buy it.

How young a child were you when you were last stupid enough to be able to swallow a whopper like that?
    It's not really about youth, but I get it in keeping with the theme of this thread. This is why education was so important, but everyone here said it wasn't. The people who are swallowing this continue to do so because they're politically uneducated. They will continue to accept any/everything Fox/CNN/MSNBC tells them to.

They are simply used to taking things at their face value.
    This was the most ridiculous claim conceivable that I'd ever seen here, including when people were trying to be funny...

he seems well intentioned and sincere.
    ...until I read this.
    Last edited by erowe1; 08-24-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Sounds like the same things I heard about Ron Paul supporters. Funny what a few years can do......

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well I've heard from a few people why they like *****, 'it's because he says what he thinks'.

My reply to them; 'very well but do you listen to what he says ?'. (... not much follows).
    "I am a bird"

The sad part is that if these people who I think are frustrated with some of the preferential treatment given to minorities and the immigration laws in this country are actually hurting their cause when they support people like Trump. We are at a point in this country that there are enough white people who would never vote for the republicans because of issues like the environment, welfare system, SS, foreign policy etc etc that a candidate like Trump would almost never win a general election. The only way to achieve their goal of ending those bad policies is through someone like Rand. When Trump fails, it would torpedo the support of these policies for another generation.

If it didn't work for George Wallace then, it surely wouldn't work for someone like Trump now. This is what the AuH20's of this world don't understand.
    Look around buddy. Society is unraveling at a fevered pace. Look at the DOW today for instance. The dog eared playbook of the past may as well be used for kindling fuel. Thank the overeager social engineers for this long awaited gift. Eventually, people start discarding the programming when their natural instincts kick in and the pushback is frightening.

Imagine going through life as a serf and having everything that you say or think ruthlessly scrutinized by the Ministry of Truth? What do you think is going to happen when the rubber band snaps back violently? That's why Trump is beloved.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-24-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Seeing as Ron Paul himself is saying the same things about Trump and his supporters. I think this time around whatever it is they are saying about Trump and his fanboys are true, afterall a lot of people (even his adversaries) all agreed that Ron Paul is an honest man.

No, they are unthinking sheep who are attracted to a strongman. A phenomenon seen over and over in history.

True dat. Installing an authoritarian demagogue like Trump would make things worse. That he has gained such traction shows just how deep the problems are. At the risk of Godwin's law being invoked, it very much reminds me of how Hitler with his force of personality appealed to the anger and biases of the economically-crushed populace to take control of pre-WWII Germany.

If the Trump thing isn't a personality cult, I don't know what is.

He sure doesn't seem "well intentioned and sincere" to me. The thought of him being anywhere near the nuclear football frankly scares me. Only saving grace deep down I'll bet he's really a pussy. This guy who thinks he's so smart: Smartest decision he ever made was picking his wealthy, connected father. Without that, he'd just be the blowhard at the corner bar.
    Well said.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Look around buddy. Society is unraveling at a fevered pace. Look at the DOW for instance. The dog eared playbook of the past may as well be used for kindling fuel. Thank the overeager social engineers for this long awaited gift. Eventually, people start tuning out the programming when their natural instincts kick in.
    We have had chicken little's in the past crying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" and yet society fails to unravel. Its not even close to unraveling, the DOW will go through its corrections and life will continue after that. Yes, things are getting bad, but it is a very slow process which likely wouldn't come to a head in our lifetime. But the problem for you is that even in that situation, it wouldn't ever lead to the election of Trump.

We have had chicken little's in the past crying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" and yet society fails to unravel. Its not even close to unraveling, the DOW will go through its corrections and life will continue after that. Yes, things are getting bad, but it is a very slow process which likely wouldn't come to a head in our lifetime. But the problem for you is that even in that situation, it wouldn't ever lead to the election of Trump.
    QE4 will bring the much needed cleansing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast