Thread: Letter in response to Fresno's banning of the Confederate Battle Flag

Letter in response to Fresno's banning of the Confederate Battle Flag

I just sent off my response to a pathetically new Fresno City Ordinance, see: http://www.fresno.gov/councildocs/ag...20Adoption.pdf

Which was the following:

Dated: August 12, 2015

[Return address...]

Hello:

I am writing your office with concern to your recent proposal and passing of Fresno MC-2-702—‘BANNING DISPLAY OF THE CONFEDERATE FLAG’.

I find such a resolution to be a very troubling example of Fresno’s elected city servants meddling in affairs that are quite frankly none of the business of Fresno City; and just as much was admitted by Baines in his statement: “I think we are okay by saying in the city of Fresno we are never going to acknowledge that flag on our property.” In other words, California was never part of the Confederate States of America and thereby has no reason, and has not ever had any reason, (similarly applicable throughout California) to fly or even sell the Confederate Battle Flag—or for that matter the flag of the Confederate States of America. In any case, this ordinance is a blatant abuse of this council’s very limited grant of powers. This ordinance is nothing other than political pandering at its most desperate—rather than correcting pubic misconceptions on such issues your tact was to insight emotional appeal, while feeding on the ignorance of others. The United States of America, the State of California, are not ochlocracies; the immutable rights of constituents are not to be voted away at the behest of their representatives.

Furthermore, in quoting Soria: “We know this flag is a symbol of racism, oppression, violence, that’s what it is.” It is worthwhile to acknowledge that her assertions are entirely misplaced and untrue. The truth is that this flag is much more aptly representative of a time in America when states and the people thereof united in opposition—within the spirit of our Nation’s Charter, the Declaration of Independence—to a national government that was grossly negligent in upholding its agreed upon social compact, instead favoring to aid the Northern states at the continuing detriment of the South.

In fact Soria’s quoted statement is ultimately paradoxical, for the context of it is so much more applicable to the habitually sordid actions carried out daily under the banner of the United States Flag through the federal government’s unceasing: gun walking scandals (resulting in the unchallenged murder of many hundreds); staging of false-flag incidents (as now it’s rather apparent that the CIA, DHS, FBI, NSA, et al, have had their hands caught in the proverbial cookie jar far too frequently in as many years); unmanned drone-strikes (resulting in the callous murder of thousands in a myriad of undeclared wars with tribal nations); foreign meddling in the insidious “spreading of democracy”; groping of all U.S. travelers without first establishing any reasonable basis of requisite articulable suspicion; unwavering support of Planned Parenthood (i.e., American Birth Control League—resulting in approximately 1-million taxpayer funded abortions per year); effectively reducing Native Americans into caricatures of Mafioso infighting; selective or targeted eugenics; providing special services to only persons of “color” or of protected status; etc., which amounts to nothing less than genocidal tendencies and demoralization—these grave offenses just name a few.

The City of Fresno does no honor to the victims of the Charleston, SC in misrepresenting America’s history and birthright, by continuing the fraying prattle of what is being mistaught in public schools—else the solid maxim emphasized by Edmund Burke be forgotten: “Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.”

Moreover, the City of Fresno provides no honor to Californians in repressing—i.e., ABRIDGING—our freedoms of speech and expression by joining in the chilling of immutable American traditions and rights such as framed by the First Amendment or otherwise reserved to the states and the people thereof (ibid., Amends. IX and X.)

The Confederate Battle Flag is not a swastika, it is not a serp i molot, it is not a pentagram, it is not a fasces. Thus, might you ban those from city property and sales now too? And better still how about censoring CSUF Bulldog athletic gear from display throughout Fresno, as its appreciation has been hijacked by the disorganized (and arguably racist) F-14/BDS/FBD criminal Bulldog street gang?

If it is honor you seek, in your banning of the Confederate Battle Flag, you then ought to seek out even greater honor in also banning the Islamic sword, star, and crescent (including the shahada and takbir), or St. Andrew’s Cross—oh too late on the latter , being that you already have.

Apropos, abridging the core rights of others is never a valid solution in attempting to deter the unfavorable attitudes or actions of others. At any rate, it is not the Confederate Battle Flag that proffers such dishonorable symbolism, but the few small minded racist gang-members who have since come to associate themselves with this flag. In closing, dare I provide but one final quotation by Benjamin Franklin? “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Thank you for your consideration and please immediately repeal this offensive, overstepping, and effectively pointless ordinance.

/s/

P.S. If you hold any reservations concerning the accuracy of the above statements, then please (at least to start) review Abraham Lincoln’s very own statement from his First Inaugural Address (1861) concerning the proposed Corwin Amendment that passed Congress during that year. Still, the so dubbed “Civil War” is actually a misnomer, and the underlying causes leading to the dissolution of the Union moreover pertained to matters of states’ rights, including the unjust Morrill Tariff (as documented by Charles Dickens and the New York Times, for example). The ideology of the Emancipation Proclamation had only manifested later in 1863—merely as a means to an end—ultimately turning the tide of Lincoln’s then loosing civil war.

P.P.S. Comparatively, in doing an Internet image search on “KKK + US Flag” you will quickly come to the realization that the Ku Klux Klan has historically associated itself with the United States Flag as it does with the Confederate Battle Flag—and probably even more so.

cc:

Fresno Bee LTE
    Mayor Ashley Swearengin
    Councilmember Esmeralda Soria
    Councilmember Steve Brandau
    Councilmember Oliver L. Baines III
    Councilmember Paul Caprioglio
    Councilmember Sal Quintero
    Councilmember Lee Brand
    Councilmember Clint Olivier
    City Attorney Douglas Sloan
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, good luck with that. BTW: serp i molot ? Do you think they will get that ?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that. BTW: serp i molot ? Do you think they will get that ?

Thanks... I highly doubt it, but keeping fingers crossed that at least a few of their staff-aids will put on their thinking caps and do some actual research, outside of pure emotional appeal.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Thanks... I highly doubt it, but keeping fingers crossed that at least a few of their staff-aids will put on their thinking caps and do some actual research, outside of pure emotional appeal.
    You should follow up with a phone call. I would start with offices of the council members who abstained.