Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump-Sessions Immigration Plan - Trump Consulting With Jeff Sessions On Immigration Plan

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump-Sessions Immigration Plan - Trump Consulting With Jeff Sessions On Immigration Plan

Something Rand should have done months ago.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...tion-strategy/

In what may be the most important development in the 2016 Presidential race to date, Donald Trump has announced, and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
    ’ office has confirmed, that the GOP front-runner is consulting with the Alabama Senator in crafting his immigration plan for the future of America.

The real estate mogul’s announcement will send shock waves through Washington D.C. and all across primary states.

The Trump-Sessions plan:

Immigration Reform That Will Make America Great Again

The three core principles of Donald J. Trump's immigration plan

When politicians talk about “immigration reform” they mean: amnesty, cheap labor and open borders. The Schumer-Rubio immigration bill was nothing more than a giveaway to the corporate patrons who run both parties.

Real immigration reform puts the needs of working people first – not wealthy globetrotting donors. We are the only country in the world whose immigration system puts the needs of other nations ahead of our own. That must change. Here are the three core principles of real immigration reform:

1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.

2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.

3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.

Make Mexico Pay For The Wall

For many years, Mexico’s leaders have been taking advantage of the United States by using illegal immigration to export the crime and poverty in their own country (as well is in other Latin American countries). They have even published pamphlets on how to illegally immigrate to the United States. The costs for the United States have been extraordinary: U.S. taxpayers have been asked to pick up hundreds of billions in healthcare costs, housing costs, education costs, welfare costs, etc. Indeed, the annual cost of free tax credits alone paid to illegal immigrants quadrupled to $4.2 billion in 2011. The effects on jobseekers have also been disastrous, and black Americans have been particularly harmed.

The impact in terms of crime has been tragic. In recent weeks, the headlines have been covered with cases of criminals who crossed our border illegally only to go on to commit horrific crimes against Americans. Most recently, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, with a long arrest record, is charged with breaking into a 64 year-old women’s home, crushing her skull and eye sockets with a hammer, raping her, and murdering her. The Police Chief in Santa Maria says the “blood trail” leads straight to Washington.

In 2011, the Government Accountability Office found that there were a shocking 3 million arrests attached to the incarcerated alien population, including tens of thousands of violent beatings, rapes and murders.

Meanwhile, Mexico continues to make billions on not only our bad trade deals but also relies heavily on the billions of dollars in remittances sent from illegal immigrants in the United States back to Mexico ($22 billion in 2013 alone).

In short, the Mexican government has taken the United States to the cleaners. They are responsible for this problem, and they must help pay to clean it up.

The cost of building a permanent border wall pales mightily in comparison to what American taxpayers spend every single year on dealing with the fallout of illegal immigration on their communities, schools and unemployment offices.

Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Defend The Laws And Constitution Of The United States

America will only be great as long as America remains a nation of laws that lives according to the Constitution. No one is above the law. The following steps will return to the American people the safety of their laws, which politicians have stolen from them:

Triple the number of ICE officers. As the President of the ICE Officers’ Council explained in Congressional testimony: “Only approximately 5,000 officers and agents within ICE perform the lion’s share of ICE’s immigration mission…Compare that to the Los Angeles Police Department at approximately 10,000 officers. Approximately 5,000 officers in ICE cover 50 states, Puerto Rico and Guam, and are attempting to enforce immigration law against 11 million illegal aliens already in the interior of the United States. Since 9-11, the U.S. Border Patrol has tripled in size, while ICE’s immigration enforcement arm, Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), has remained at relatively the same size.” This will be funded by accepting the recommendation of the Inspector General for Tax Administration and eliminating tax credit payments to illegal immigrants.

Nationwide e-verify. This simple measure will protect jobs for unemployed Americans.

Mandatory return of all criminal aliens. The Obama Administration has released 76,000 aliens from its custody with criminal convictions since 2013 alone. All criminal aliens must be returned to their home countries, a process which can be aided by canceling any visas to foreign countries which will not accept their own criminals, and making it a separate and additional crime to commit an offense while here illegally.

Detention—not catch-and-release. Illegal aliens apprehended crossing the border must be detained until they are sent home, no more catch-and-release.

Defund sanctuary cities. Cut-off federal grants to any city which refuses to cooperate with federal law enforcement.

Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa. Millions of people come to the United States on temporary visas but refuse to leave, without consequence. This is a threat to national security. Individuals who refuse to leave at the time their visa expires should be subject to criminal penalties; this will also help give local jurisdictions the power to hold visa overstays until federal authorities arrive. Completion of a visa tracking system – required by law but blocked by lobbyists – will be necessary as well.

Cooperate with local gang task forces. ICE officers should accompany local police departments conducting raids of violent street gangs like MS-13 and the 18th street gang, which have terrorized the country. All illegal aliens in gangs should be apprehended and deported. Again, quoting Chris Crane: “ICE Officers and Agents are forced to apply the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Directive, not to children in schools, but to adult inmates in jails. If an illegal-alien inmate simply claims eligibility, ICE is forced to release the alien back into the community. This includes serious criminals who have committed felonies, who have assaulted officers, and who prey on children…ICE officers should be required to place detainers on every illegal alien they encounter in jails and prisons, since these aliens not only violated immigration laws, but then went on to engage in activities that led to their arrest by police; ICE officers should be required to issue Notices to Appear to all illegal aliens with criminal convictions, DUI convictions, or a gang affiliation; ICE should be working with any state or local drug or gang task force that asks for such assistance.”

End birthright citizenship. This remains the biggest magnet for illegal immigration. By a 2:1 margin, voters say it’s the wrong policy, including Harry Reid who said “no sane country” would give automatic citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants.

Put American Workers First

Decades of disastrous trade deals and immigration policies have destroyed our middle class. Today, nearly 40% of black teenagers are unemployed. Nearly 30% of Hispanic teenagers are unemployed. For black Americans without high school diplomas, the bottom has fallen out: more than 70% were employed in 1960, compared to less than 40% in 2000. Across the economy, the percentage of adults in the labor force has collapsed to a level not experienced in generations. As CBS news wrote in a piece entitled “America’s incredible shrinking middle class”: “If the middle-class is the economic backbone of America, then the country is developing osteoporosis.”

The influx of foreign workers holds down salaries, keeps unemployment high, and makes it difficult for poor and working class Americans – including immigrants themselves and their children – to earn a middle class wage. Nearly half of all immigrants and their US-born children currently live in or near poverty, including more than 60 percent of Hispanic immigrants. Every year, we voluntarily admit another 2 million new immigrants, guest workers, refugees, and dependents, growing our existing all-time historic record population of 42 million immigrants. We need to control the admission of new low-earning workers in order to: help wages grow, get teenagers back to work, aid minorities’ rise into the middle class, help schools and communities falling behind, and to ensure our immigrant members of the national family become part of the American dream.

Additionally, we need to stop giving legal immigrant visas to people bent on causing us harm. From the 9/11 hijackers, to the Boston Bombers, and many others, our immigration system is being used to attack us. The President of the immigration caseworkers union declared in a statement on ISIS: “We've become the visa clearinghouse for the world.”

Here are some additional specific policy proposals for long-term reform:

Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs. We graduate two times more Americans with STEM degrees each year than find STEM jobs, yet as much as two-thirds of entry-level hiring for IT jobs is accomplished through the H-1B program. More than half of H-1B visas are issued for the program's lowest allowable wage level, and more than eighty percent for its bottom two. Raising the prevailing wage paid to H-1Bs will force companies to give these coveted entry-level jobs to the existing domestic pool of unemployed native and immigrant, instead of flying in cheaper workers from overseas. This will improve the number of black, Hispanic and female workers in Silicon Valley who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program. Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Senator, Marco Rubio, has a bill to triple H-1Bs that would decimate women and minorities.

Requirement to hire American workers first. Too many visas, like the H-1B, have no such requirement. In the year 2015, with 92 million Americans outside the workforce and incomes collapsing, we need to companies to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed. Petitions for workers should be mailed to the unemployment office, not USCIS.

End welfare abuse. Applicants for entry to the United States should be required to certify that they can pay for their own housing, healthcare and other needs before coming to the U.S.

Jobs program for inner city youth. The J-1 visa jobs program for foreign youth will be terminated and replaced with a resume bank for inner city youth provided to all corporate subscribers to the J-1 visa program.

Refugee program for American children. Increase standards for the admission of refugees and asylum-seekers to crack down on abuses. Use the monies saved on expensive refugee programs to help place American children without parents in safer homes and communities, and to improve community safety in high crime neighborhoods in the United States.

Immigration moderation. Before any new green cards are issued to foreign workers abroad, there will be a pause where employers will have to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed immigrant and native workers. This will help reverse women's plummeting workplace participation rate, grow wages, and allow record immigration levels to subside to more moderate historical averages.
    http://www.donaldjtrump.com/position...gration-reform
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-16-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Actual plan added.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “My immigration paper, my tax paper — they’re pretty much done. But I don’t want to do them in August. I’ll wait until September, when everyone is back, in all fairness,” Trump told The Washington Post.

Translation: I am waiting for the media to convince uninformed voters that my immigration policy is totally the one they want it to be.

My Prediction: -Trump will water down his immigration stances significantly if he doesn't outright drop out of the race because the numbers don't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...tion-strategy/
    Trump has become quite apt at promising the moon on a stick, but I don't see him showing up with even a stick from somebody's backyard, let alone the moon. I think when all is said and done, Rand will have done well to not touch this issue in this manner, irregardless of it being the right stance objectively speaking or not.

Why would he consult with Jeff Sessions? Jeff Sessions is an imbecile. Who is next? Consulting with Tom Cotton and Lindsay Graham on how to defeat Iran?

Rand isn't a paleoconservative like you. You seem to keep wishing that he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Why would he consult with Jeff Sessions? Jeff Sessions is an imbecile. Who is next? Consulting with Tom Cotton and Lindsay Graham on how to defeat Iran?

Rand isn't a paleoconservative like you. You seem to keep wishing that he was.
    I'm a Paleoconservative myself, or at least I lean that way. AuH20's problem isn't that he's a paleoconservative, his problem is that his reality button is on the fritz. Anyone with even an iota of sense who is skeptical of America's de facto open-border policy would think twice before falling for Trump's song and dance, particularly if they've done their homework on how often he has twisted with the proverbial winds.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I'm a Paleoconservative myself, or at least I lean that way. AuH20's problem isn't that he's a paleoconservative, his problem is that his reality button is on the fritz. Anyone with even an iota of sense who is skeptical of America's de facto open-border policy would think twice before falling for Trump's song and dance, particularly if they've done their homework on how often he has twisted with the proverbial winds.
    You are right. Trump does not even care about immigration. He had one throw away line about immigrants in his announcement speech that people responded to and he has run with it. Two years ago he criticized Romney for being too harsh on Mexicans.

BTW, I know a huge percentage of people here are paleoconservatives. I am glad there is common ground. It is just super annoying when every thread with Trump talks about how Rand should be more like Trump on immigration. It isn't happening. And it isn't because Rand is unprincipled. He has slightly different principles.

Even Ron Paul's Iowa campaign manager who isn't endorsing Rand is caught up in Trump mania. It is insanity.

Sessions would be the first member of congress to support Trump. it legitimizes Trump. as for immigration, the best way is to use the Australian system, based on points. just take the young and educated. farm workers should only be temps, as they will be a burden later on to medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    as for immigration, the best way is to use the Australian system, based on points. just take the young and educated. farm workers should only be temps, as they will be a burden later on to medicare.
    Why do we insist on trying to steal all the talent from every other country and then act surprised when the rest of the world is so backwards? Let's try getting our own house in order before we just go merrily along looking for talent in the rest of the world.

Sessions would be the first member of congress to support Trump. it legitimizes Trump.
    Sessions couldn't legitimize a pound of rice cakes.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why do we insist on trying to steal all the talent from every other country and then act surprised when the rest of the world is so backwards? Let's try getting our own house in order before we just go merrily along looking for talent in the rest of the world.

Well, at least he was screaming at the top of his lungs trying to stop the Trans Pacific Partnership.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

You are right. Trump does not even care about immigration. He had one throw away line about immigrants in his announcement speech that people responded to and he has run with it. Two years ago he criticized Romney for being too harsh on Mexicans.

BTW, I know a huge percentage of people here are paleoconservatives. I am glad there is common ground. It is just super annoying when every thread with Trump talks about how Rand should be more like Trump on immigration. It isn't happening. And it isn't because Rand is unprincipled. He has slightly different principles.

Even Ron Paul's Iowa campaign manager who isn't endorsing Rand is caught up in Trump mania. It is insanity.
    Unlike Trump, Rand is not a $#@!.

Mods, can we please change the OP's user name to 'breitbartbait'? Because when he isn't shilling for breitbart, we don't even hear from him.

As a person who has Why Not Victory? on my bookshelf, I find having someone around with that particular rebus as a username and spending all his time trying to help breitbart promote the Court Jester offensive.

And God forbid some of Rand Paul's staff read this forum and take seriously his opinions of what Rand 'should have done months ago'. A quicker way for him to lose I can't imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Who cares? Trump isn't a serious candidate and will be out soon enough. Sooner if everyone just stops talking about him.

This isn't about who is or who isn't, falling for Trump's voodoo. This post is purely concerned about a bold move which may attract primary voters. Sessions is the foremost authority on the festering immigration problem in the Senate. For some reason, Trump is far better at the political game than someone we know.

The hallmark of the Alabama Senator and former-prosecutor’s approach to immigration strategy has been his evidentiary, prosecutorial style. Sessions has developed a reputation for putting out lengthy policy proposals with in-depth references to academic research. For instance, at the beginning of the year, Sessions released an immigration handbook, a content-rich 25- page document for incoming freshmen Congressmen and women. The handbook provided a roadmap documenting the collapse of interior enforcement, the rampant abuses of the H-1B visa by large corporations, and the record issuances of green cards that is pulling down wages. To stitch together the case that unprecedented flows of immigration are devastating wages and putting American middle class dreams out of reach, Sessions cites analysis from Harvard Professor George Borjas, Georgetown professor Eric Gould, Howard University’s Ron Hira, UC Davis’s Norm Matloff, as well as raw data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Census Bureau.
    His policy proposals have been polling through the roof:

Paragon Insights, a little-known firm that is on the NRSC’s payroll, asked respondents whether they would support a GOP Senate candidate who said ‘Immigration policy needs to serve the interests of the nation as a whole, not a few billionaire CEOs and immigration activists lobbying for open borders.’

Likely voters approved by a 71-16 margin. Women supported the sentiment 73-14, higher than men… Obama’s opponents supported it 82-12, but even Obama supporters gave it 61-21 nod. Liberals supported it 59-21. Most surprising, self-identified Hispanics supported it 66-21.

Another question measured support for the idea that ‘The first goal of immigration policy needs to be getting unemployed Americans back to work – not importing more low-wage workers to replace them.’

Like the other question, the response was enthusiastic. Likely voters: 70-18 in favor. Men: 67-20. Women: 73-17. Liberals: 54-29. Independents: 70-15. Whites: 72-16. Hispanics: 59-32.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-15-2015 at 09:50 AM.

His policy proposals have been polling through the roof:
    No. A couple of vaguely-worded poll questions got the response they were engineered to elicit. His policy proposals weren't even mentioned. Maybe those questions represent what his policies are alleged to be able to achieve. But there are no policy proposals in those poll questions.

So, are you aware that you're insulting our intelligence--again--or as blissfully unaware of how stupid that is as you pretend to be?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Mods, can we please change the OP's user name to 'breitbartbait'? Because when he isn't shilling for breitbart, we don't even hear from him.

As a person who has Why Not Victory? on my bookshelf, I find having someone around with that particular rebus as a username and spending all his time trying to help breitbart promote the Court Jester offensive.

And God forbid some of Rand Paul's staff read this forum and take seriously his opinions of what Rand 'should have done months ago'. A quicker way for him to lose I can't imagine.
    All you need is a rubber nose to go with the spotted pantaloons. A little over a year ago......... From the penthouse straight into the outhouse.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnzogb...t-by-a-little/

A new Zogby Analytics poll of likely Republican primary voters in 2016 shows Rand Paul starting to build a lead over better known – and more establishment – GOP figures. The poll of 282 likely and eligible voters in GOP presidential primaries was conducted June 27-29 and has a margin-of-sampling error of +/-6 percentage points.

In the poll, the junior Senator from Kentucky polls 20%, followed by “Establishment” candidates New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush with 13% each. In fourth place is Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker with 8%, then Florida Senator Marco Rubio 7%, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindahl 4%, and New Mexico Governor Suzanna Martinez, Ohio Governor John Kasich, and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley all with 1% each.

This is the first time a GOP candidate has reached 20% in a crowded field and the first time a Zogby poll has shown someone emerging a bit from the pack.
    The last year has been an unmitigated disaster aside from some bad luck.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-15-2015 at 10:04 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No. A couple of vaguely-worded poll questions got the response they were engineered to elicit. His policy proposals weren't even mentioned. Maybe those questions represent what his policies are alleged to be able to achieve. But there are no policy proposals in those poll questions.

So, are you aware that you're insulting our intelligence--again--or as blissfully unaware of how stupid that is as you pretend to be?
    The reason why Session's proposals poll so well is that he always mentions the special interests which are directly fomenting the problem. Corporate fueled immigration is a massive loser in all test polling.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-15-2015 at 10:01 AM.

The reason why Session's proposals poll so well is that he always mentions the special interests which are directly fomenting the problem.
    Insulting our intelligence again?

Do you always answer, 'There are no polls which even ask that question,' with, 'This is why the polls that ask this question get this answer'? Show us a poll that asks people if they approve of Sessions' policies and we can discuss why that poll got whatever results it might hypothetically get. What you have shown us has nothing whatsoever to do with ol' Jeffrey directly.

That was my point. Which part of it are you pretending not to understand in your desperation to fool some of us into giving a $#@! about breitbart.com?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    “My immigration paper, my tax paper — they’re pretty much done. But I don’t want to do them in August. I’ll wait until September, when everyone is back, in all fairness,” Trump told The Washington Post.

Translation: I am waiting for the media to convince uninformed voters that my immigration policy is totally the one they want it to be.

My Prediction: -Trump will water down his immigration stances significantly if he doesn't outright drop out of the race because the numbers don't add up.

I've actually been polled on immigration and rest assured this one is bogus. They asked me, if those in the country illegally pay a fine, learn English, pay back taxes etc etc , or should we deport 12 million people

Simple two question poll

1. Should we grant citizenship and voting rights to illegal aliens

2. Enforce current immigration laws.

80-20 Enforcement. They never asked me about enforcement. Just about rounding up 12 million people. Even Jeff Sessions doesn't propose that. It took years to get in this mess and it's going to take years to fix it.

Rand's take on immigration should not be more like Trump's, it should be more like a triangulated integration of Trump and his opponents' view, that in the end is more like Rand's position. Trump is getting by mostly on attitude, as the public is tired of pols who sound right on the substance, then back down when it's time to pass a bill.

With Trump, this time they're trying to go FIRST to a guy who personally is known not to back down, and then hope he applies that stance to their issues. Rand needs to convey he also won't back down, and is right on the substance.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 08-15-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

I think it is safe to say Rand really misjudged the Tea party and Republican voters. When he told Mitch he would provide cover so the GOP could help Obama get his amnesty I knew then Rand had possibly made a fatal mistake.
    Last edited by William R; 08-15-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Rand's take on immigration should not be more like Trump's, it should be more like a triangulated integration of Trump and his opponents' view, that in the end is more like Rand's position. Trump is getting by mostly on attitude, as the public is tired of pols who sound right on the substance, then back down when it's time to pass a bill.

With Trump, this time they're trying to go FIRST to a guy who personally is known not to back down, and then hope he applies that stance to their issues. Rand needs to convey he also won't back down, and is right on the substance.
    It's all about phrasing. There is no need to be as bombastic as Trump but be absolutely firm and rational on the policy matter. The problem with Rand is that he's been bouncing between the amnesty and anti-amnesty sides for awhile. In turn, the voters don't trust him on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    And Rand Paul is not only not backing down, but is making Trump back down. More than once.

The mainstream media is trying to hide that fact until trollish folks like several people around this board can talk us into talking Rand Paul into backing down. But we won't do that, and we certainly hope Rand Paul doesn't either. Because the OP and his fellow minions can't keep those facts hidden forever.

Fads end. Statesmen survive.

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    I think it is safe to say Rand really misjudged the Tea party and Republican voters. When he told Mitch he provide cover so the GOP could help Obama get his amnesty I knew then Rand has possibly made a fatal mistake.
    This coincided with the start of his fall from the polls. He ignored the Brat election.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...se-on-amnesty/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually, Sessions has quite a bit of clout on the immigration issue among conservatives. He is well liked by anyone who opposes the US Chamber of Commerce.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Well, at least he was screaming at the top of his lungs trying to stop the Trans Pacific Partnership.
    Yes, he did.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand went along with Sessions on the TPP, but he didn't play it up. Considering that it is perfectly acceptable to make a big deal out of agreement with Democrat Senators on certain issues, it might make sense to team up with Sessions on some issues.

Why not you ask? It should be obvious. Rand might not agree with Sessions. And the positions that Sessions takes cater to Americans and American voters. Every other powerful lobby, especially the US Chamber, would oppose it. It's a political calculation.

That being said, Dave Brat would have been even better as someone to align with.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This coincided with the start of his fall from the polls. He ignored the Brat election.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...se-on-amnesty/
    I knew then he really did start believing what the media was writing about him. When he won his Senate race he was a big immigration hawk. Gets to Washington and starts hanging with Grover Norquist and the rest is history.

I got booted off this forum for close to 8 month for saying Rand is blowing it big time. The TV images from last summer of thousand of poor people just streaming across the border turned the tide in Republican politics. The Chamber of Commerce and open border libertarians were enemy enemy number one with grass root voters.

Enforce the law!! That's a winning issue. It almost sounded like Rand was getting his talking points from LaRaza.

All that said I still think he's head and shoulders better than anyone running. I'm just pointing out why he's not doing very well. Trump says Mexico is sending us their worst people and now he leading in the polls by a wide margin.
    Last edited by William R; 08-15-2015 at 11:35 AM.

I knew then he really did start believing what the media was writing about him. When he won his Senate race he was a big immigration hawk. Gets to Washington and starts hanging with Grover Norquist and the rest is history.
    Rand was on board with Grover long before he got to Washington. Grover helped Rand start his taxpayer group in the 90's. I am glad Grover and Rand are tight. Grover is great libertarian, who has done more good for this country than just about anyone.

Enforce the law!! That's a winning issue.
    Rand has said that. Recently.

All that said I still think he's head and shoulders better than anyone running. I'm just pointing out why he's not doing very well. Trump says Mexico is sending us their worst people and now he leading in the polls by a wide margin.
    Fun trivia flashback:

Which candidate said that illegal immigrants are bringing "drug and human smuggling, home invasions, murder" and promised to build a fence and secure the border?

Answer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lwusMxiHc

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Fun trivia flashback:

Which candidate said that illegal immigrants are bringing "drug and human smuggling, home invasions, murder" and promised to build a fence and secure the border?

Answer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lwusMxiHc
    See how you are? Here these guys are working their asses off to create a false perception perception perception and you keep confusing their potential victims with facts!

How rude. +rep for fighting rudeness with rudeness.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast