Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Trump-Sessions Immigration Plan - Trump Consulting With Jeff Sessions On Immigration Plan

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    It would be a relatively minor operation as well. The powers that be have been actively subverting the law for so long that the public now believes we need a wall and extra ICE agents to get the job done, but the truth is it could easily be achieved with existing resources so long as those resources were used to enforce rather than subvert the law.
    I remember in early elementary school I once did a science project where I counted how many grains of rice were in half a pound of dry uncooked rice, and divided that into a million in order to demonstrate how big a million is. Turns out it's around 68 lbs of dry uncooked rice. Now 11 of those would be 748 pounds of dry uncooked rice, or 15 50-lb sacks.

Now take those 15x 50lb sacks of rice, and say every single grain of that rice is a whole human person, who probably doesn't want to cooperate with you.

Now if you still think deporting all 11 million of these people will be a "relatively minor operation" you are kidding yourself. Most people have no real concept of scale what a million actually means, and there are at minimum 11 million illegal aliens inside the United States, with some estimates as high as 14-16 million.

Now, before you go off accusing me of supporting "amnesty" as your sort is wont to do whenever someone simply points out the problems with their plan, I do not. I believe in shutting down all services and welfare, streamlining legal immigration, and requiring applicants apply to a US Consulate in their home countries for a visa.

I actually know what a million looks like, and therefore I am not so naive as to think that forcibly deporting all of them would be a "relatively minor operation."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I remember in early elementary school I once did a science project where I counted how many grains of rice were in half a pound of dry uncooked rice, and divided that into a million in order to demonstrate how big a million is. Turns out it's around 68 lbs of dry uncooked rice. Now 11 of those would be 748 pounds of dry uncooked rice, or 15 50-lb sacks.

Now take those 15x 50lb sacks of rice, and say every single grain of that rice is a whole human person, who probably doesn't want to cooperate with you.

Now if you still think deporting all 11 million of these people will be a "relatively minor operation" you are kidding yourself. Most people have no real concept of scale what a million actually means, and there are at minimum 11 million illegal aliens inside the United States, with some estimates as high as 14-16 million.

Now, before you go off accusing me of supporting "amnesty" as your sort is wont to do whenever someone simply points out the problems with their plan, I do not. I believe in shutting down all services and welfare, streamlining legal immigration, and requiring applicants apply to a US Consulate in their home countries for a visa.

I actually know what a million looks like, and therefore I am not so naive as to think that forcibly deporting all of them would be a "relatively minor operation."
    Last time it was done with a million people in the 50's it killed many people. Dump 11 million people onto the deserts of Mexico and it is a sure death sentence.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Last time it was done with a million people in the 50's it killed many people. Dump 11 million people onto the deserts of Mexico and it is a sure death sentence.
    Most of the radical forced deportationists won't care, as long as they die in Mexico and not the US then it's "their problem."

Most of the radical forced deportationists won't care, as long as they die in Mexico and not the US then it's "their problem."
    True. "They shouldn't have broken the law! It is their own fault!" We ought to change the law so that any moving illegally carries the death sentence. It is a very heinous law they broke!
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

It is the amazing the lengths of disinformation you will go to trash Trump and deportation. If Rand was for deportation we would not be hearing any these ridiculous scenarios concerning deportation.

I believe this comes down to Rand adopting the Harry Reid's mode of politics and supporters are following this through with this "spreading disinformation is sometimes necessary".

Shameful and disgusting. This why Rand is half the man his father is.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It is the amazing the lengths of disinformation you will go to trash Trump and deportation. If Rand was for deportation we would not be hearing any these ridiculous scenarios concerning deportation.

I believe this comes down to Rand adopting the Harry Reid's mode of politics and supporters are following this through with this "spreading disinformation is sometimes necessary".

Shameful and disgusting. This why Rand is half the man his father is.
    Your imagination is getting the better of you. I hold my same positions no matter who holds them or doesn't. Unlike you Trumpaloompas, I vote based on principle, not personality. You should try it, it would at least cure you of the infection that comes from the Trump retrovirus.

We apprehend illegals every day in the normal course of policing. Simply deporting those people instead of letting them go would be enough to get the ball rolling. You don't have physically round up each and every illegal. Start enforcing the law and cutting off services and most will go home on their own. Human being respond remarkably well to incentives and disincentives.

^This is what I was talking about. Like the US and the American public would actually support such a policy in this day an age. No one is going to buy that. If Rand pushes such ridiculous disinformation tonight he is finished for the Presidential race as well as his senate campaign.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    We apprehend illegals every day in the normal course of policing. Simply deporting those people instead of letting them go would be enough to get the ball rolling. You don't have physically round up each and every illegal. Start enforcing the law and cutting off services and most will go home on their own. Human being respond remarkably well to incentives and disincentives.
    Roughly 80,000 illegal immigrants are arrested every year, many of those are repeat arrests. Being extremely conservative I'll WAG 5000 repeaters so that makes 75,000.

11,000,000 / 75,000 = 146.6666

So presuming that every illegal immigrant in the US is a criminal, it will still take nearly 147 years to 'touch' all 11 million, and the inbound wave is faster than the arrest rate. So by the time 147 years have passed and we have deported 11 million illegals, we will have approximately 150 million illegals in the US.

Again, you have no concept of the sheer size of a million.

^This is what I was talking about. Like the US and the American public would actually support such a policy in this day an age. No one is going to buy that. If Rand pushes such ridiculous disinformation tonight he is finished for the Presidential race as well as his senate campaign.
    What the hell do you think Trump proposed? So where exactly do you think Trump is going to dump the taco eaters when he rounds them up Cancun? In case you didn't know the entire border is a desert.

Celebrity tycoon and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump told members of the Alabama Republican party on a Thursday night conference call that his plan to remove undocumented immigrants from the U.S. would only take "18 months to two years if handled properly," CBS News reported Friday.

"I think it's a process that can take 18 months to two years if properly handled," Trump said on Thursday, according to CBS.

And the wall along the southern border that Trump plans to build? He said he won't build it "until all the undocumented immigrants are out," according to the report.

"I will get them out so fast that your head would spin, long before I even can start the wall," Trump said. "They will be out of here. You know we have tremendous problems of crime."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What the hell do you think Trump proposed? So where exactly do you think Trump is going to dump the taco eaters when he rounds them up Cancun? In case you didn't know the entire border is a desert.
    The US is not going to dump illegals in the middle of the desert, that is disinformation for the ignorant. No one reading these forums has such a low level of intelligence to buy into that kind of "disinformation" you can stop with that crap now.

The US is not going to dump illegals in the middle of the desert, that is disinformation for the ignorant. No one reading these forums has such a low level of intelligence to buy into that kind of "disinformation" you can stop with that crap now.
    Here is what happened the last time your and Trumps plan was implemented.
    Operation Wetback uses the name "Wetback", (The term "wetback" is a disparaging term applied to Mexicans who passed across the Rio Grande—and today is considered pejorative.),[42] becoming a derogatory term applied to Mexicans laborers, both legal and illegal.[43] The term wetback was used by Cesar Chavez[44] during his efforts organizing unionized farmworkers.[45] One of the biggest issues with the program was the deportation of Mexicans to unfamiliar places, where they would struggle to find their way home or support their families.[46] Over 25% of apprehended Mexicans were returned to Veracruz on ships, while others were transported by land to southern cities in Mexico.[47] Those apprehended were often deported without opportunity to recover their property in the US or contact family and were stranded without food or employment when they entered Mexico.[48] Deported Mexicans faced extreme conditions and were sometimes left in the desert; 88 deported workers died in 112 degree heat in July 1955.[49] Another issue was repeat border crossings by those who had been previously deported; from 1960 through 1961, repeaters accounted for 20% of the total deportees.[50] Certain U.S. Border Patrol agents practiced shaving heads to mark repeat offenders who would attempt to reenter the United States. There were also reports of beating and jailing illegal immigrants before deporting them.[51] While most complaints concerning deportation were undocumented, there were over 11,000 formal complaints from documented bracero workers from 1954 through 1964.[52]
    You maybe right the Americans won't support "this in this day and age" however if they vote Trump in THEY WILL support it. We are talking more than 11 million because Trump wants to deport natural born Mexicans as well which Isn't counted in the 11 mil.

"Operation Wetback" (1954) mostly deported illegals to cities deep in southern Mexico to discourage reentry.

"Operation Wetback" (1954) mostly deported illegals to cities deep in southern Mexico to discourage reentry.
    Do you think that with Trump vitriol toward the Mexican government they are going to cooperate with US convoys and armadas pouring across their land and seaports to deport Mexicans deep in mexico?

Do you think that with Trump vitriol toward the Mexican government they are going to cooperate with US convoys and armadas pouring across their land and seaports to deport Mexicans deep in mexico?
    No idea. Operation Wetback had cooperation from Mexico. A similar operation today would be unlikely to secure the cooperation of Mexico. Nevertheless, I do not believe a word Trump says, so I am not actually motivated enough to work out exactly what would happen.

Its cheaper to deport them. Plus we just need to scare them into leaving on their own.

This is very doable and will be done as if we do not deport them they will be given amnesty and allowed to vote or their children who are born here will vote for leftist thanks to the lie of birth right ciztenship,

Rand was on board with Grover long before he got to Washington. Grover helped Rand start his taxpayer group in the 90's. I am glad Grover and Rand are tight. Grover is great libertarian, who has done more good for this country than just about anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    As everyone knows now, Trump is very serious about comprehensive immigration reform, and he has my full support in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Um, yeah.
    Bump. (I just love this post! This was over a year ago.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718