Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Trump-Sessions Immigration Plan - Trump Consulting With Jeff Sessions On Immigration Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ok, fine. But you are here day in and day out posting pro Trump propaganda (my opinion) and your boy is making generous use of it. And how is what you and your boy proposing any different than mandated minimum wages-government wage control?
    Dude, you complain about people talking about Trump, and then you bring him up not once, but twice, in an off topic manner? What's the point?

To answer your question: I see setting the minimum wage to zero as analogous to setting the price floor for H1B visas as high as possible.

It's not perfect, it would be better to not have a minimum wage or a H1B visa program, but changing the levels as I mentioned is an improvement.
    Last edited by jj-; 08-21-2015 at 12:10 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude, you complain about people talking about Trump, and then you bring him up not once, but twice, in an off topic manner? What's the point?
    The point is I'm being forced to talk about him, not because Brietbart and idiots in general are gaga over the $#@!ing carnival barker but because he's turning the primaries into a circus. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell he can do the things he's proposing and even less chance he means to do them.

To answer your question: I see setting the minimum wage to zero as analogous to setting the price floor for H1B visas as high as possible.

It's not perfect, it would be better to not have a minimum wage or a H1B visa program, but changing the levels as I mentioned are improvements.
    Sorry, I'm just not getting it.
    "The Patriarch"

Sorry, I'm just not getting it.
    1. I want the H1B visa program to end because it's too similar to slavery.
    2. I say it's too similar to slavery because under the H1B visa, the foreigner is tied to one employer. If he quits or the employer fires him, he has to go out of the country. So in a sense his employer is his master while he is in the country. He can't work for anyone else and will consequently tolerate all sorts of abuses.
    3. There is a minimum payment that is set by law. While the H1B program exists, I want that minimum payment to be as high as possible so that fewer people will use the program, the next best thing to ending it. For example, if the minimum payment for H1B visa users is 1 trillion dollars, no one will use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    1. I want the H1B visa program to end because it's too similar to slavery.
    2. I say it's too similar to slavery because under the H1B visa, the foreigner is tied to one employer. If he quits or the employer fires him, he has to go out of the country. So in a sense his employer is his master while he is in the country. He can't work for anyone else and will consequently tolerate all sorts of abuses.
    3. There is a minimum payment that is set by law. While the H1B program exists, I want that minimum payment to be as high as possible so that fewer people will use the program, the next best thing to ending it. For example, if the minimum payment for H1B visa users is 1 trillion dollars, no one will use it.
    So why do you constantly make positive posts about someone who has made such generous use of it?
    "The Patriarch"

So why do you constantly make positive posts about someone who has made such generous use of it?
    lol, after all my effort to make it clear, this is how you respond? I'm disappointed.

To answer your question: because just about everybody has positive aspects. I will comment on the positive aspects of anyone whenever I feel like it.

lol, after all my effort to make it clear, this is how you respond? I'm disappointed.

To answer your question: because just about everybody has positive aspects. I will comment on the positive aspects of anyone whenever I feel like it.
    Oh, so sorry to disappoint you after all the positive press you've given to a phony ass celebrity douchbag.

I would direct you here..http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...u-Need-to-Know
    Last edited by Origanalist; 08-21-2015 at 12:40 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

To begin with, you jump into a criticism about Trump's immigration policy, and when it turns out Trump has a bad position which you disagree with, you try to play it off like you weren't talking about Trump?

And then you accuse Originalist of 1) bringing Trump up (in Au's thread about....Trump) and 2) being off topic by talking about Trump's immigration policy in a thread...about....Trump's immigration policy?

jj - are you even aware of the meaning of the words coming out of your keyboard? Because they do not seem to match...you know...actual reality.

He didn't complain about mentioning him, just supporting him.

You're welcome to talk about him here, as long as that involves criticizing him and talking about how much better Rand is.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    To begin with, you jump into a criticism about Trump's immigration policy, and when it turns out Trump has a bad position which you disagree with, you try to play it off like you weren't talking about Trump?

And then you accuse Originalist of 1) bringing Trump up (in Au's thread about....Trump) and 2) being off topic by talking about Trump's immigration policy in a thread...about....Trump's immigration policy?

jj - are you even aware of the meaning of the words coming out of your keyboard? Because they do not seem to match...you know...actual reality.
    One can only conclude that some longstanding members here have truly lost it.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It's the same with all the Trump trolls. It's like if you've ever known someone who told incredible lies about themselves. And they pile lies upon lies to try to cover them up, because they're too stubborn just to give up on the first one, which, in the present case is the lie that Trump has any redeeming qualities as a candidate. I knew a guy in college who insisted he had been shot with tracer fire while defending his uncle's castle in Iran, the lack of scars notwithstanding. They remind me of that guy.

Political Correctness is under attack, and this attack is long overdue.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/politi...ump/index.html

Fiery Jeb Bush gets testy over 'anchor babies' term
    By Ashley Killough
    CNN
    Thu August 20, 2015

Jeb Bush on Thursday defended using the term "anchor babies" after Democrats hounded the former Florida governor and his presidential rival, Donald Trump, for using the term this week.

"No, I don't. I don't regret it," Bush said sharply, growing testy with a questioner while talking to reporters.

Pressed further, a more agitated Bush fired off: "No, do you have a better term? OK, you give me, you give me a better term and I'll use it. I'm serious."

Interestingly, it was an answer that Trump gave almost verbatim the night before, also in New Hampshire, when a reporter asked the GOP front-runner if he was aware that it was considered offensive.

"You mean it's not politically correct, and yet everybody uses it?" Trump said. "You know what? Give me a different term."
    Last edited by David Sadler; 08-21-2015 at 10:55 AM.

I have to confess, the more the other Trump trolls lie about the fact that they're obviously here to support Trump, the more I appreciate the fact David Saddest at least admits it.

Per the Trump 2015.08.25 Iowa news conference broadcast live on CNN and FOX, deportations will begin by targeting the inner city gangs in the major cities. Taking out the gangs and deporting the illegals in the gangs is a one-two punch against gang crime and a great way to begin the deportation process to work out the law enforcement procedure, legal process, foreign coordination and logistics.

Trump is brilliant in press conferences. He can think on his feet and handle anything coming from the press corp.

Yes, he is very good with the press and knows how to handle tough questions

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yes, he is very good with the press and knows how to handle tough questions
    Great example. This exchange will be played over and over again. It will bring many voters to the Trump camp.

Here is the clip where the Univision anchor (Jorge Ramos) interrupts the August 25, 2015 Iowa press conference and attempts to badger Trump out of turn.

Link to clip of full incident.

It highlighted for the American people how Trump stands firm against the badgering of special interests, in this case a pro-illegal immigration news anchor upset with Trump's immigration reform plan.

It took the wind out of the Univision anchor's sails when Trump specified that the deportation process would begin by targeting inner city gangs and the deportation of the illegals in these gangs. Who can argue against that? Beginning with a small segment, this approach will work out the details needed for the next step in the deportation process. These details will include but not be limited to the law enforcement procedure, legal process, foreign coordination and logistics.

Before its over, a significant portion of the deportation process will include a large self-deportation of the illegal community.

It will be interesting to see how Trump handles the Black Lives Matters anarchists if they try to take Trump's mic the way they took Bernie's and Jeb's.

Last edited by David Sadler; 08-26-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Trump specified that the deportation process would begin by targeting inner city gangs and the deportation of the illegals in these gangs.
    Did he say how he would do that?

Do you think he's even thought about how? Do you think that will still be his position next week?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The twitterverse is exploding with support for the way Trump handled Univision anchor Jorge Ramos when Ramos interrupted the August 25, 2015 Iowa press conference and badgered Trump.

web search: Jorge Ramos daughter work for Hillary Clinton campaign

Sample headline returns:
    • Univision’s Jorge Ramos Reveals Daughter Working for Hillary Campaign
    • Jorge Ramos Announces His Daughter Will Work for Clinton
    • Clinton Campaign Tightens Ties to Univision, Hires Anchor's Daughter
    • Jorge Ramos Discloses Daughter Works for Hillary Clinton’s Presidential Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    The twitterverse is exploding with support for the way Trump handled Univision anchor Jorge Ramos when Ramos interrupted the August 25, 2015 Iowa press conference and badgered Trump.
    The twitterverse also still explodes whenever Lindsey Lohan goes back into rehab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

http://garyforbes.wix.com/blog#!Chri...f21fd94cc1714c

Chris Wallace—here's your proof. Yes, Mexico DOES send illegals to the U.S.
    ​The official Mexican government's guide to 'migrating' into the U.S.—illegally!
    Gary Forbes—Strategist
    garyforbes.wix.com
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015

While watching the GOP debate on Aug 6, 2015, one particular moment caught my attention. It was when Fox News correspondent and debate host Chris Wallace asked Donald Trump if he had proof that Mexico was sending its people over the border.

My first thoughts were "What planet are you living on Chris? What the hell more proof do you need? Anyone with one good eye can figure that out."

But one of my top team members had already brought something to my attention about a week before the debate that I found quite alarming. And, he not only found out about it, he obtained a pdf version and translated it for me. So, for all of you who need proof beyond what is clearly evident by hard stats and facts, I present to you a published document called Mexico's official ... GUIDE FOR THE MEXICAN MIGRANT ...
    The article provides an English translation.

Here is the Spanish pdf for download.

GUÍA DEL MIGRANTE MEXICANO link to pdf of original document

http://deneenborelli.com/2015/08/how...cting-welfare/

How Many Illegal Immigrants are Collecting Welfare?
    By Tom Borelli
    deneenborelli.com
    25 August 2015

The 2016 presidential election has undoubtedly brought the immigration debate into center stage. But while the Democrats are grappling over whether or not the term “anchor babies” is politically correct, they are completely ignoring the real economic costs associated with illegal immigration, “birth tourism,” and excessive entitlement spending.

The National Review writes:

According to Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) legal policy analyst Jon Feere, who testified before the House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security in April, between 350,000 and 400,000 children are born annually to an illegal-alien mother residing in the United States — as many as one in ten births nationwide.

… Inflation-adjusted figures from the U.S. Department of Agriculture projected that a child born in 2013 would cost his parents $304,480 from birth to his eighteenth birthday. Given that illegal-alien households are normally low-income households (three out of five illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children live at or near the poverty line), one would expect that a significant portion of that cost will fall on the government.

And that’s exactly what‘s happening. According to CIS, 71 percent of illegal-alien headed households with children received some sort of welfare in 2009, compared with 39 percent of native-headed houses with children. Illegal immigrants generally access welfare programs through their U.S.-born children, to whom government assistance is guaranteed. Additionally, U.S.-born children of illegal aliens are entitled to American public schools, health care, and more, even though illegal-alien households rarely pay taxes.

With $18 trillion debt and over $100 trillion of unfunded liabilities to worry about, can the U.S. afford to stay on this path? Immigration reform isn’t just an issue of border control and national security, it’s an issue of financial stability as well.

Candidates need to communicate their strategies to enforce current immigration laws effectively, enact reforms to streamline customs processes, and to track visas to prevent abuses of the system.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-r...tical-message/

Judicial Watch: FEC Must Investigate Democratic National Committee for Employing Illegal Alien to Craft 2016 Political Message
    Judicial Watch
    SEPTEMBER 02, 2015

Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission requesting that it investigate the Democratic National Committee (DNC) for having “knowingly hired” an illegal alien, Cindy Nava, to help craft the committee’s 2016 political message and communications. Judicial Watch filed its complaint on August 25, 2015.

A June 8, 2015, story in The Washington Post reported that the DNC hired Nava with full knowledge of what DNC chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) termed Nava’s “undocumented status.” The news report details that “Despite not yet attaining legal status, Nava is working for the Democratic National Committee as one of a crop of fellows from around the country helping the party organize ahead of a presidential election that President Obama predicted would feature immigration as a major issue.” The Spanish language newspaper El Nuevo Herald reports that Nava would help coordinate DNC outreach to “women, youth, and Hispanics.”

Federal law prohibits foreign nationals from participating “directly or indirectly in the decision-making process” of federal, state, or local election-related activities.

The Judicial Watch FEC complaint charges:
    • The Democratic National Committee knowingly hired a Foreign National to assist, directly or indirectly, in setting the Committee’s Public Policy Agenda for its Candidates, the National Committee, and its Associated Organizations ...
    • The Democratic National Committee is Willfully and Knowingly violating Federal Law and Contradicting Federal Policy by Permitting a Foreign National to Contribute to the Conventions Campaigns, Election Strategy, and Fundraising Efforts ...

Judicial Watch’s request for a “full, formal investigation” concludes, “These actions are particularly egregious because the DNC flagrantly promotes their illegal activities, lawlessness, and disrespect for the rule of law.”

“No wonder this nation has a border and an illegal alien crisis. Not only do we have a major political party knowingly employing an illegal alien, but also openly boasting about it to the nation’s press,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The DNC should be held accountable by the FEC for hiring an illegal alien in violation of both federal immigration and election laws. Frankly, the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security should also take appropriate law enforcement action.”
    A part of comprehensive immigration reform will be the prosecution of employers who knowingly employ illegal aliens. Employers will have to show how they verified the legal status of the employee to mount a defense.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ge-patriotism/

La Raza Backs Jeb, Slams Trump for English Language Patriotism
    by Julia Hahn
    breitbart.com
    3 Sep 2015

In a Spanish-language address, Bush declared, “El hombre no es conservador,” which–in English–translates to, “The man [i.e. Trump] is not conservative.”

Trump replied by asserting that if Bush wants to be a leader, “he should really set the example by speaking English while in the United States.”

Technically, becoming a U.S. citizen requires one to achieve English language proficiency. As such, when Bush delivers his attack message in Spanish, he is undermining one of the core tenets of American citizenship– albeit one that is already in tatters as one in five U.S. residents now speaks a language other than English while at home, according to a 2014 report.

Trump’s call for language patriotism, however, received a stinging rebuke from the ethnic advocacy group La Raza. “Every time Donald Trump opens his mouth he widens the gulf between the Republican Party and Latino voters. Today is no exception,” said La Raza spokesperson Lisa Navarrette.

La Raza–which endorsed Rubio’s signature legislation, the Senate Gang of Eight immigration bill–has advocated for a trio of policies that includes permanent toleration for illegal immigration, citizenship for illegal immigrants already residing in country, as well as substantial increases to the annual levels of immigration established by the federal government through green card allotments.

While La Raza has advocated for these policies, the group has never explained why it believes it would be beneficial to America to admit large number of immigrants who have political, economic, and cultural traditions that are vastly different than those of Americans.

La Raza’s rebuke of Trump comes on the heels of a new census data report authored by the nonpartisan Center for Immigration Studies. The report found that “immigrant households use welfare at significantly higher rates than native households,” with more than half of U.S. immigrants on welfare.

Many establishment Republicans who share La Raza’s lobbying goals for expanded immigration from predominantly poor countries, such as Linda Chavez of the Becoming American Institute, argue that concerns about welfare use amongst immigrants is irrelevant and “nativist”.

“These kids who get subsidized school lunches today will go on to graduate high school… will go on to college and move up to the middle class of America,” Chavez told USA Today. Every time we have a nativist backlash in our history, we forget that we see immigrants change very rapidly in the second generation.”

Unfortunately, the findings of the census data report do not support Chavez’s claim–and in fact, perhaps undermine Chavez’s and La Raza’s lobbying efforts. The report details how the disproportionate reliance on welfare continues amongst the American-born children of immigrants.

The report found that 90.8% of Hispanic immigrants use welfare. This high rate of welfare usage extends to second and third generations of immigrant families: 76.4% of native Hispanics report that they use welfare as opposed to 40.8% of native whites.

This report reinforces the previous findings of acclaimed Manhattan Institute scholar Heather Mac Donald, who, a decade ago, observed that both foreign-born Hispanics and their American-born children use welfare at rates which vastly exceed those of native-born whites. “Native-born Hispanics collected welfare at over twice the rate as native-born whites,” Mac Donald writes.

Moreover, the Hispanic population similarly accounted for almost the entire increase in poverty from 1990 to 2004, as Washington Post columnist Robert Samuelson has reported. “The number of Hispanics with incomes below the government’s poverty line [rose] 52 percent; that [represents] almost all (92 percent) of the increase in poor people,” Samuelson writes. “Among children, disparities are greater. Over the same period, Hispanic children in poverty [rose] 43 percent; meanwhile, the numbers of black and non-Hispanic white children in poverty declined 16.9 percent and 18.5 percent, respectively.”

Interestingly, ethnic advocacy groups like La Raza have formed an alliance with big business interest groups like the Chamber of Commerce and tech billionaires in Silicon Valley, who all stand to gain enormous financial profits and increased political power from the further opening of America’s borders.

Silicon Valley has donated heavily to Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and Hillary Clinton–all three of whom have pushed for yet even easier access for foreign workers to come to the United States and take over jobs from American workers who would require higher salaries.

The number of immigrants in the U.S. is currently at a record high of 42.1 million.

In 1970, fewer than 1 in 21 Americans were foreign-born. Today, as a result of the federal government’s four-decade-long green card gusher, nearly 1 in 7 U.S. residents was born in a foreign country. According to data compiled by the Migration Policy Institute, 1 in 4 Americans is either an immigrant or a child of an immigrant.

Mass immigration has transformed American communities–for instance, a new report shows that Des Moines public schools are, for the first time, now majority minority. And in 8 years time, according to Census Bureau reports, the foreign born share of the U.S. population will reach an all-time high.

Each year, as a consequence of the 1965 immigration law lobbied for by Ted Kennedy, the United States issues more than one million green cards to many of the poorest and least-developed nations in the world. In addition to these green cards are nearly one million handpicked foreign workers imported on work visas, dependents of foreign workers imported on work visas, and refugees, as well as half a million foreign youths sought by college administrators.

Empirical evidence suggests that the admission of a huge flow of newcomers on green cards would dramatically swell the ranks of Democratic voters while also increasing pressure for big government services.

Indeed, as Democratic presidential candidate Lincoln Chafee observed during the Democratic National Committee’s meeting last week: more immigrants means more Democratic voters.

“We [i.e. Democrats] are right on immigration, the fastest growing voting bloc in the country,” Chafee said, “Of course you want people to be treated with respect and to vote Democratic.”

Yet despite La Raza’s activism, Chafee’s pronouncements, and the empirical data, many Republicans support the effort to increase the admission of Democrat-leaning voters who turned the former reliably-Republican state of California into a progressive stronghold and who are rapidly repainting the political landscape of formerly-red Virginia to a permanent shade of blue.

For instance, Congressman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) told radio host David Webb that “immigrants from the third world” make “some of the best Americans”–presumably more so than immigrants from Western countries.

When asked whether he thought “immigrants from the third world are more likely or less likely to support conservative policies,” Ryan declared:

Some of the best Americans are the newest Americans. People who left former Communist countries, people who left scandalous nations that are crony capitalism that deny them their rights. So people who come from those kinds of systems and those kinds of governments can make the best patriots because they finally see and taste what freedom is like, and they want to fight for it. So that kind of a person can make the best American. And the way I look at it, from our Party’s perspective, is we have to do a better job of going into these communities and exposing people to a different mindset– to these principles that they may not even have ever heard or seen before. This is a challenge that conservatives have to answer

Ryan would perhaps be glad to know that about 9 out of every 10 new immigrants brought into the country on green cards is from Latin America, Africa, Asia, or the Middle East.
    NOTES:
    • US Citizenship Requirements: Becoming a U.S. Citizen
      by FreeAdvice staff
      immigration-law.freeadvice.com
      The ability to read, write and speak ordinary English unless they are physically unable to do so due to a disability ...
    • USEnglish.org, your online resource for research, statistics and the latest news surrounding the issue of making English the official language of the United States.
    • ProEnglish is the nation's leading advocate of official English. We work through the courts and in the court of public opinion to defend English's historic role as America's common, unifying language, and to persuade lawmakers to adopt English as the official language at all levels of government.
    Last edited by David Sadler; 09-03-2015 at 04:15 PM.

In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Deportation could be a relatively moderate preventative step to prevent a race war, idiom. Or a genocide. Or other outcomes generally accepted as Bad Things.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Deportation could be a relatively moderate preventative step to prevent a race war, idiom. Or a genocide. Or other outcomes generally accepted as Bad Things.
    It would depend entirely on the execution, and on there not being any executions.

But it would be a massive $#@!ing operation. And you have to convince 11,000,000 people being put on trains against their will and heading for the border not to riot or kill each other or starve themselves to death in protest.

There have to be no reprisals against legal immigrants.

Is Trump that leader? Or is he more likely the leader who will bury reports that 10% of the deportees die in the process?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Time for the 3rd great lull.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    It would depend entirely on the execution, and on there not being any executions.

But it would be a massive $#@!ing operation. And you have to convince 11,000,000 people being put on trains against their will and heading for the border not to riot or kill each other or starve themselves to death in protest.

There have to be no reprisals against legal immigrants.

Is Trump that leader? Or is he more likely the leader who will bury reports that 10% of the deportees die in the process?
    Agreed.

Actual just-deportation-nothing-else is a relatively minor violation of human rights, all things considered. It can be totally bogus, and certainly it throws your life into an uproar, but at least you get to keep living. The danger is that it turn into something more. The original German plan for the Jews, for example, was just deportation; at least that's my understanding. But somewhere along the line, something went massively awry. That is, just as you say, what there must be no expense spared to avoid.

As for Trump, I don't know. As Lew Rockwell has pointed out, nobody can think of any examples of any businessmen who became dictators. Now just because it hasn't happened before, doesn't mean it can't happen. But I think it's more likely he will turn out something like an Arnold Schwarzenegger: something of a disappointment, not actually shaking anything up or changing the status quo as the people who voted for him had hoped he would.

Actual just-deportation-nothing-else is a relatively minor violation of human rights, all things considered.
    There's no such thing as that. In order to figure out whom to deport, the government first has to violate all of our rights and make us prove we have their permission to be here lest they deport us.

Agreed.

Actual just-deportation-nothing-else is a relatively minor violation of human rights, all things considered.
    It would be a relatively minor operation as well. The powers that be have been actively subverting the law for so long that the public now believes we need a wall and extra ICE agents to get the job done, but the truth is it could easily be achieved with existing resources so long as those resources were used to enforce rather than subvert the law.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast