Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christie might pull out

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Nice link . . . thanks.

Christie is facing the very real possibility of not qualifying with the other ten first-tier candidates
    in what will be the second Republican presidential debate scheduled for September.
    His performance at the first debate last week was most notable for the heated back and forth between
    himself and Senator Rand Paul regarding government surveillance and the need to abide by the confines of the 4th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Nice link . . . thanks.

He should pull out.. At a 30% approval rating in his own state, he better spend his time working on saving his re-election. Trump and FOX are taking care of Rand.. Christie maggot free to move on to save his own ass.

Chris Christie, from the great state of New Jersey. NJ's motto is "Pay your property taxes or get the $#@! out"
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    He should pull out.. At a 30% approval rating in his own state, he better spend his time working on saving his re-election. Trump and FOX are taking care of Rand.. Christie maggot free to move on to save his own ass.
    He was already re-elected.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Yep. His job was to destroy Rand. He failed miserably. So now they're hoping Trump can do it.

But don't worry... They have back-up plans for their back-up plans.

ETA: By the way, if Christie drops out, it will be a little vindication for Paul's position in the first debate. Even if Paul doesn't win the nomination, he will have already won a key victory in demonstrating to the GOP that the Bill of Rights are still considered important to some people.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 08-14-2015 at 09:40 PM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Jan2017

Days after the confrontation between the two men it appears more voters are taking Senator Paul’s position over Christie’s
    as the New Jersey governor’s poll numbers continue to be stuck between 2 and 3 percent approval in both Iowa and New Hampshire.
    Senator Paul’s numbers have increased slightly or stayed the same in both states following his debate performance.
    Christie looks worried or confused as if to be saying . . .
    "I didn't realize it was the Bill of Rights I was kicking in the teeth."

http://dcwhispers.com/chris-christie...end-of-august/

His daddy should have pulled out...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's first catch

Here comes Carly !

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-31-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Pull out? Seriously? I didn't know he was involved with that Senator from SC! What's he going to do now, start spreading santorum?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yep. His job was to destroy Rand. He failed miserably. So now they're hoping Trump can do it.

But don't worry... They have back-up plans for their back-up plans.

ETA: By the way, if Christie drops out, it will be a little vindication for Paul's position in the first debate. Even if Paul doesn't win the nomination, he will have already won a key victory in demonstrating to the GOP that the Bill of Rights are still considered important to some people.
    Christie was basically the first battle and Rand ended up prevailing, though the waters have been so muddied with the multiplicity of candidates that most people are not seeing it, to speak nothing for the brazen media misinformation regarding who actually won that exchange. Bush will probably benefit the most from Christie pulling out, though it won't be enough to do much for his really bad position in Iowa at present.

I'm betting that at the next debate Rand will get a real crack at Trump, but it is likely that either Fiorina will be tapped to be a sideshow attraction that will probably serve to muddy the waters again, or possibly Huckabee will jump in and try to play Christie 2.0 just like he did in 2008 against Ron Paul. If Rand can fight a 2 or 3 front battle in a multi-candidate debate as well as he mopped the floor with his senate opponents back in 2010, he'll start to pick up more points.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Pull out? Seriously? I didn't know he was involved with that Senator from SC! What's he going to do now, start spreading santorum?
    +rep, even though the visual made me want to puke all over my keyboard. lol

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    If Rand can fight a 2 or 3 front battle in a multi-candidate debate as well as he mopped the floor with his senate opponents back in 2010, he'll start to pick up more points.
    lol, some people seem to act like Trey Grayson is comparable to Donald Trump.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    He was already re-elected.
    Correct. He was recently reelected. I don't get the OP. I support Rand Paul. I also support facts.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Christie was done for when he told people in legalized states to "enjoy it while you can". We are not so far gone that a candidate can say "$#@! you I'm gonna end your fun and reverse everything you decided on" to millions of people. Even the $#@!s that want to shut down pot dispensaries would not approach the subject in that way. The tide is against people like Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    lol, some people seem to act like Trey Grayson is comparable to Donald Trump.
    You do have a point there, Trey Grayson was considerably more intelligent, probably by about 20 IQ points. You got me, definitely a bad analogy.

Christie keeps getting caught lying about his record. He wants it to be one way, but it's the other.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    You do have a point there, Trey Grayson was considerably more intelligent, probably by about 20 IQ points. You got me, definitely a bad analogy.
    Oh well. I hope it's a joke, otherwise you're in la la land. Very few people could have sustained the lead in the polls even for a few months like Trump is doing in a presidential election. Grayson... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Oh well. I hope it's a joke, otherwise you're in la la land. Very few people could have sustained the lead in the polls even for a few months like Trump is doing in a presidential election. Grayson... lol.
    It was hyperbolic, primarily in a vain attempt at seeing if I could pull you out of Trump Trump Land. Just because 20-22% of polling subjects are stupid doesn't mean that you have to go and be stupid with them. Aim higher and there is no telling where life can take you.

Christie pulling out? Could he ever get in?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Xenliad View Post
    Rand's first catch

Nice . . .

ok, no more whale jokes . . . they are a protected species.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Christie might pull out
    I've got problems believing that fat bastard's gifted enough to have gotten it in.....

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Christie pulling out? Could he ever get in?
    He doesn't need to pull out. All he has to do is stop sucking in his gut, and it'll push him out automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Yeah, we'll see. There's been rumblings about Perry and Santorum as well, but you know how much these folks like to stay in until the very end. We'll see.

Im quite sure that we will see some candidates dropping out when its announced who will be in the 2nd tier in the 2nd debate.

Unfortunately it wont be Cruz, which would help Paul the most, I guess.
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

What, a half inch?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast