Thread: Donald Trump’s companies import cheap labor via H-2 visas

Donald Trump’s companies import cheap labor via H-2 visas

Donald Trump’s companies tried to import at least 1,100 foreign workers

By Claire Zillman - August 3, 2015

Companies owned by GOP frontrunner Donald Trump have sought at least 1,100 foreign worker visas since 2000—a practice that stands in stark contrast to Trump’s self-portrayal as a presidential candidate who would create and project American jobs.

A Reuters’ analysis of Department of Labor data shows that nine Trump-majority-owned companies have applied to bring waitresses, cooks, vineyard workers, and other laborers into the country on foreign worker visas. Most of the visa applications have gained approval, Reuters says. Palm Beach, Fla., resort Mar-a-Lago Club has sought the most foreign workers of the nine Trump-owned businesses. It has submitted applications for 787 workers since 2006. This month, it sought to bring in 70 foreign workers to work as maids, cooks, and servers on H-2B workers later this year

The visas the Trump companies have relied on the most—H-2B—is a subset of the H-2 visa program that covers nonagricultural foreign workers. (H-2A visas are for farm workers.) The H-2 program is often criticized for leaving workers vulnerable to employer abuses. Last month, a Buzzfeed investigation portrayed the system as one that—at times—fosters modern-day slavery.
    More: http://fortune.com/2015/08/03/donald...workers-visas/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump has said many times now that he does what he has to in order to remain competitive but that doesn't mean he agrees with the policy.

The system is there to be used and abused.

Fire 11 is the only person to comment at the OP.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Fire 11 is the only person to comment at the OP.
    No kidding. lol
    the rEVOLution begins!

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Trump has said many times now that he does what he has to in order to remain competitive but that doesn't mean he agrees with the policy.
    So in order to make money, he brings in people he thinks are murderers and rapists, and that's OK because it's just business.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    So in order to make money, he brings in people he thinks are murderers and rapists, and that's OK because it's just business.
    Trumpservatives don't care what the Donald does because he's awesome and a winner. And a success. And he's really cool. And he made fun of Rosie O'Donnell.

And he's gonna build a wall and make all the beaners go home then let them back in.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Trumpservatives don't care what the Donald does because he's awesome and a winner. And a success. And he's really cool. And he made fun of Rosie O'Donnell.

And he's gonna build a wall and make all the beaners go home then let them back in.
    I am sure some are like that but I think you are underestimating the backlash against the failed politically correct Republican establishment.

If it were not for Trump the Republicans would not be talking about securing the border. They would rather be trying to out do one another on how they can legalize and provide services to as many illegals as possible, amnesty, increasing legal immigration and H1-B's.

I would like to see a candidate attack Huckabee for providing free college to illegals or Ted Cruz for his proposed %500 increase in H1-B immigration. It probably will not be Rand considering he supports some form of H1-B immigration which Huckabee has been fighting against. So they all stay quiet rather than shoot one another.

Trump's support is coming from people whom feel we are being invaded and subjected to a drastic demographic shift that is taking a toll on our services at the hands of both political parties.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    It's a kind of collective action dilemma and I think it can even sound reasonable depending on how it's argued.

Suppose you compete in a sport that causes injuries. Would people posted a sign recommending helmet use change anything? Maybe some players think they have better visibility and mobility without it; they don't want to be the only one who loses that edge even in the name of safety. This is the kind of reasoning people will use to claim why they can't be the only one not abusing a system.

Donald Trump is a alpha male, get in line all you beta male losers.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    No kidding. lol
    Recently green chilies has been banned to import from Mexico.
    Well I guess it's a good thing for drug smugglers that red chilis are still legal to import
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He's like Richie Rich IRL, here's how he gets around on campaign stops:

video:
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/15/politi...rum/index.html

Imagine the CEO of Planned Parenthood running for President on a pro-life platform: "Sure, we do a lot of abortions, but that's how we made so much money!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.