Thread: Trump responds to attack ad, calls Rand weak and pathetic on the military

Trump responds to attack ad, calls Rand weak and pathetic on the military

edit: here's a longer tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO3rbqcMCDk
    Last edited by jct74; 08-13-2015 at 08:51 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That isnt going to work since Paul has said we should always have the strongest military in the world. heh.

i love how if you talk about trump...he cant help but talk about you.

free media time ftw

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    That isnt going to work since Paul has said we should always have the strongest military in the world. heh.
    Perception from the GOP base is that he is weak on the military because he is against nuking the Middle East, and no one really listens when he goes on and gives his real position. Trump just attacked him from searching google and picking the first thing negative that pops up. Now Rand has a more attentive audience for him to lay out his positions on the military.

Rand just has to be careful and NOT let Donald control the narrative or set the direction of the debate. Trump will do and say anything to deflect any legitimate criticism especially when the comments that are being made are so strong against him and undeniable. In Trump fashion, rather than address the accusations being made Trump simply resorts to personal attacks that have no substance or nothing to do with policy. Some may think what Rand did was personal, but not so. He's merely telling the truth on Trump's past positions and feelings about policies that republican voters usually despicable. Hopefully as this ad makes it's rounds, republican voters will at least look a little farther into Rand for at least being the first and only candidate to step up and take him on.

Trump meanwhile, was busy telling CNN that HE was the only one in the race that was against the war LOL. He literally said that $#@! and at one point kind of stuttering knowing damn well that Rand was against which ever damn war he was talking about. He said, I think that show's good wisdom in a person and I'm thinking oh, but Rand's an idiot? Rand should get that clip as well, and highlight it in another ad along with some other statements just to show how much of liar that man is.

If Rand has a similar number of contributions from soldiers that Ron Paul did, Rand may have just scored a few points here.

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Trump meanwhile, was busy telling CNN that HE was the only one in the race that was against the war LOL. He literally said that $#@! and at one point kind of stuttering knowing damn well that Rand was against which ever damn war he was talking about.
    Trump has a number of nonsensical gems like that. He also said Iran funds ISIS, which shows he's totally clueless. Someone please pull all these recent stupid things he has said and make a video of it. There's plenty of recent stuff to hang him with. Looks for the long interviews. That's where he really ends up talking out his ass.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I really wish he would play that 2011 interview with oreilly where oreilly basically calls him atila the hun and that he wants to occupy libya and iraq and steal all of their oil

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Trump meanwhile, was busy telling CNN that HE was the only one in the race that was against the war LOL. He literally said that $#@! and at one point kind of stuttering knowing damn well that Rand was against which ever damn war he was talking about. He said, I think that show's good wisdom in a person and I'm thinking oh, but Rand's an idiot? Rand should get that clip as well, and highlight it in another ad along with some other statements just to show how much of liar that man is.
    This is trump's #1 MO...claim he's the only one for/against something.

In the first debate he said:

We wouldnt even be talking immigration if it wasnt for me.
    I'm the only one against government healthcare.

He thinks he is a Jedi, but that stuff only works on the weak-minded.

This is great. Just say I was always against the invasion of Iraq and these aggressive wars. And then bring up Ron and end it.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    i love how if you talk about trump...he cant help but talk about you.

free media time ftw
    Hmm. Yes, this reminds me of the 90s when I was a "conspiracy theorist".

"we will do well in your time" etc Khan, space seed - star trek

I'm ready for Rand Paul to say, 'Of course I'm strong on defense. I've been practicing my defense ever since I got in this race. I've had to; I'm the one who gets lied about the most.

Donald Trump is the one who is weak on defense. He's too busy being offensive to bother with it. Both in foreign policy and personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.