Thread: Missouri To Set Free Grandfather Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Pot

Missouri To Set Free Grandfather Sentenced to Life Without Parole for Pot

62-year-old grandfather Jeff Mizanskey, who had been sentenced to life in prison for three non-violent marijuana convictions, has reportedly been granted parole after his sentence was commuted by Missouri Governor Jay Nixon.

http://truthinmedia.com/missouri-fre...fe-prison-pot/
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good news, after 21 years.......ugh.

One down, how many more...?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I get most of my news from Swordsmyth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is a lie.
    @Brian4Liberty, devil keeps spreading this lie.
    I will report violations of the forum rules to the forum staff when they are egregious enough.

You should remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

I am happy he is finally getting out. It's just 21 frikken years and no compensation for a non-violent conviction. No retirement, how much could he have payed in while in prison? No...nothing. Still, I am sure he is one happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I am happy he is finally getting out. It's just 21 frikken years and no compensation for a non-violent conviction. No retirement, how much could he have payed in while in prison? No...nothing. Still, I am sure he is one happy man.
    I guess he paid his "debt" to society.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I get most of my news from Swordsmyth.
    That is a lie.
    @Brian4Liberty, devil keeps spreading this lie.
    I will report violations of the forum rules to the forum staff when they are egregious enough.

You should remember that.

Not free, on parole. The State still owns him.

Just walked out of prison today.

Jeff Mizanskey released from prison

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -
    A Missouri man sentenced to serve life in prison without parole for marijuana is now released from prison.

In May, Gov. Jay Nixon granted Mizanskey a commutation of his sentence.

A Missouri Board of Probation and Parole at the Jefferson City Corrections Center held his first hearing on Aug. 6.

Four days later, Mizanskey and his attorney were informed that he would be released.

He walked out the prison Tuesday morning into the arms of his family, including his brother, his sons, and the grandson he had never met.

Mizanskey says now that he's free, he will continue to advocate for the legalization of marijuana in Missouri as well as across the United States.
    http://www.abc17news.com/news/jeff-m...rison/35033194
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Mizanskey says now that he's free, he will continue to advocate for the legalization of marijuana in Missouri as well as across the United States.

Oh, there's only about three thousand non-violent 'criminals' sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole to go. Matter of fact, when did they start pardoning turkeys? They've probably pardoned more turkeys (than non-violent 'criminals' sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole). Not to mention this guy wasn't pardoned, his sentence was commuted and then he was granted parole. They'll probably try to violate him for speaking on the drug issue.

Surely he won't be able to smoke, drink, leave the state, etc.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    God I hate this song...

Seriously?
    I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I'm gonna guess that it was cops that arrested him and brought him before the governments court.

Yeah, no chit. Yet they let murdering illegals out to free up jail space for 62 year old guys with pot.