Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul video shows Donald Trump praising Democrats

Rand Paul video shows Donald Trump praising Democrats

First on CNN: Rand Paul video shows Donald Trump praising Democrats

By Ashley Killough
    Wed August 12, 2015

In the next round of Rand Paul vs. Donald Trump, the Republican senator from Kentucky is releasing his campaign's first digital ad against his presidential rival, hitting the frontrunner in a video for supporting Democrats in the past.

The video, which his campaign says will be aired in a "substantial" ad buy, launches Wednesday in New Hampshire and Iowa and runs through the weekend.

With ominous music behind it, the video opens with favorable statements that Trump has made about Democratic economic policies, Hillary Clinton, and universal health care. It also features a comment he made in 1999, in which he said, "I really believe the Republicans are just too crazy right."

At one point, text on the screen appears, asking if Trump is really "telling it like it is?"

Then it switches to the infamous clip of former President Bill Clinton answering: "It depends on what the meaning of the word is is."

The second half of the two-minute video features footage of Paul talking about his record and policies in major speeches that he's delivered in the past year, portraying him as a candidate eager to reform Washington and return the Republican Party to conservative principles.

read more:
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/politi...web/index.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn we both made a thread about same video at the same time haha. You can delete my thread if you want

Now that was a video!!!! So awesome I can't contain myself!!!!!

Great video! Spread it around!

there we go, contrasting instead of just attacking.

I like it.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

YES!! Drudge this $#@!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yes, send it to Drudge!

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    there we go, contrasting instead of just attacking.

I like it.
    Indeed. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewIHeart View Post
    Yes, send it to Drudge!
    done

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    YES!! Drudge this $#@!!
    I think Drudge has Trump fever for the time being, very little negative press, but he has pushed a lot of things defending Trump, he even embedded a youtube video on the site showing the 2 women telling Megyn Kelley to backoff. I had never seen Drudge embed a video directly into the site. A link sometimes, but not where you can just watch the video right there on the page.

Worth a shot, I just sent it in, but don't expect to see it on there. Just search "Trump" in the search Drudge box, nothing but positive headlines

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    I think Drudge has Trump fever for the time being, very little negative press, but he has pushed a lot of things defending Trump, he even embedded a youtube video on the site showing the 2 women telling Megyn Kelley to backoff. I had never seen Drudge embed a video directly into the site. A link sometimes, but not where you can just watch the video right there on the page.

Worth a shot, I just sent it in, but don't expect to see it on there. Just search "Trump" in the search Drudge box, nothing but positive headlines
    Yeah, I Drudged Rand's "Don't Fall for a Fake Conservative" and was surprised it was not taken up.

Impressive, I'll admit. And tying in that 'is' line from Bill Clinton was pretty good.

Hope this moves the needle
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    snoozer... omg at one time this one celebrity dude was cheering for the other team!!!! who cares man. This is why I didn't closely follow politics before 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    snoozer... omg at one time this one celebrity dude was cheering for the other team!!!! who cares man. This is why I didn't closely follow politics before 2007.
    it was clearly calling into question his support for liberal policy not just "supporting the other team"
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Just Blazed it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    it was clearly calling into question his support for liberal policy not just "supporting the other team"
    Exactly. When he says "it looks like the economy does better under the democrats" it truly shows his ignorance on economic issues.

32% of potential GOP primary voters?

Exactly. When he says "it looks like the economy does better under the democrats" it truly shows his ignorance on economic issues.
    How? I haven't been alive that long but in my experience in like the last 20 years it definitely does seem like the economy has done better under democrat administrations.

Facts seem to back it up too:

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Facts seem to back it up too:

thats because economics tells you that a policy or law takes 3+ years to see the effect of in the economy.

conservatives make the laws, dems get to claim the reward and screw it up for the conservatives to then get the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    thats because economics tells you that a policy or law takes 3+ years to see the effect of in the economy.

conservatives make the laws, dems get to claim the reward and screw it up for the conservatives to then get the blame.
    He used a red, white and blue colored graph. You're un-American if you dispute it.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post

Exactly. During a bubble everything appears to be going great. Everyone pays attention to the bust as if the bust is the problem. The problem is the creation the bubble itself, during the "good" times.

How? I haven't been alive that long but in my experience in like the last 20 years it definitely does seem like the economy has done better under democrat administrations.
    See my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He used a red, white and blue colored graph. You're un-American if you dispute it.
    woops...i totally wasnt paying attention to the colors. please disregard my statement and continue on

Exactly. During a bubble everything appears to be going great. Everyone pays attention to the bust as if the bust is the problem. The problem is the creation the bubble itself, during the "good" times.
    another thing is picking and choosing how you display data...if you do like a normal business and compare YOY comps....then its been pretty dead for awhile under all Presidents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast