Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it time for Ron Paul?

Is it time for Ron Paul?

any thoughts on if/when Ron Paul should start stumping for Rand?...

might be good for a few minutes of publicity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post

He should lay low for now.

Absolutely. yes. Ron should surrogate for him.

Honestly, I wish he was running.

It's always time for Ron

People on here who are afraid of him should STFU.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    It's always time for Ron

People on here who are afraid of him should STFU.
    yep.

Ron attracted LARGE crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He should lay low for now.

you make a good point. Still a long way to go.

Rand needs to energize his base more than ever, he needs his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    I think he is but then having his dad whould not hurt.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    timing is critical...

you make a good point. However, Rand is slogging away in the polls right now, and i'm concerned he won't make anymore debates.
    If he keeps attacking Trump he will be out of this race soon. Yes, Trump is full of it and only running to help Hillary Clinton become the next president IMO, but the average person doesn't want to hear that, they want to hear what you will do once in office, like "make America great again!" Trump has a very good slogan, Rand needs more than just "stand with Rand", he needs to focus on jobs, if he doesn't do this, he might as well drop out now.

A day late and a dollar short. Rand has spent the last year distancing himself from the policies of his father trying to court the hawks and social cons. Rand made his bed without Ron on purpose... now he can sleep in it without calling in daddy to the rescue.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    A day late and a dollar short. Rand has spent the last year distancing himself from the policies of his father trying to court the hawks and social cons. Rand made his bed without Ron on purpose... now he can sleep in it without calling in daddy to the rescue.
    I think the comment boards of Salon might be site for you; if you want to trashtalk about Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
    I think the comment boards of Salon might be site for you; if you want to trashtalk about Rand.
    Who's trash talking? Did I say anything inaccurate? Oh... I'm sorry did I offend your delicate sensibilities? I forgot that anything other than 100% blind support of "the Rand" in here is frowned upon.

It is a fact that Rand DID NOT WANT Ron Paul to stump for him because he was afraid of the baggage, right or wrong. To ask for Ron's help stumping now just to gain some traction would we silly imo.

I will continue to criticize Rand on these forums as I am disappointed in his stance on many issues and how he is campaigning, generally. Salon can go screw themselves.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Who's trash talking? Did I say anything inaccurate? Oh... I'm sorry did I offend your delicate sensibilities? I forgot that anything other than 100% blind support of "the Rand" in here is frowned upon.

It is a fact that Rand DID NOT WANT Ron Paul to stump for him because he was afraid of the baggage, right or wrong. To ask for Ron's help stumping now just to gain some traction would we silly imo.

I will continue to criticize Rand on these forums as I am disappointed in his stance on many issues and how he is campaigning, generally. Salon can go screw themselves.
    What stances are you disapointed on?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It's starting to remind me of Hitler's bunker when the discouraging reports from the Western Front and Eastern Front started to fly in.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron is strongly disliked by the demographics we need to win in the GOP primary. Having him out there stumping for Rand would energize us (though frankly I think most of us who are ever going to support Rand are already pretty energized), while pissing off many times more people outside the liberty movement. If Ron could promote Rand in a way that only reached us, that would be great, but I'm not sure how that'd be done. As soon as Ron starts making public statements about Rand, even if on a libety movement outlet (say, the Tom Woods Show), I guaran-$#@!ing-tee you there'll be a dozen MSM articles trying to tie Rand to Ron in a way to turn off the average GOPer (including serial deployment of terms like "kooky" and "quixotic"). It took Rand a long time to transcend those prejudices, to be viewed as a "serious candidate," etc. It would be extremely unwise to throw that away now.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 08-11-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    It's starting to remind me of Hitler's bunker when the discouraging reports from the Western Front and Eastern Front started to fly in.
    Hey, your buddy Trump is support funding for Planned Parenthood, have you commented on that.

Hey, your buddy Trump is support funding for Planned Parenthood, have you commented on that.
    He's not my buddy. Trump serves a purpose. High polling tends to do that.

He's not my buddy. Trump serves a purpose. High polling tends to do that.
    What purpose? Set back efforts to improve liberty- 30 years back.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Ron is strongly disliked by the demographics we need to win in the GOP primary. Having him out there stumping for Rand would energize us (though frankly I think most of us who are ever going to support Rand are already pretty energized), while pissing off many times more people outside the liberty movement. If Ron could promote Rand in a way that only reached us, that would be great, but I'm not sure how that'd be done. As soon as Ron starts making public statements about Rand, even if on a libety movement outlet (say, the Tom Woods Show), I guaran-$#@!ing-tee you there'll be a dozen MSM articles trying to tie Rand to Ron in a way to turn off the average GOPer (including serial deployment of the terms "kooky" and "quixotic").
    roll the dice time?...

What purpose? Set back efforts to improve liberty- 30 years back.
    I think we roared past any process for change. We're more likely to see anarchy before liberty at the current rate. And maybe that would be a good thing in some respects...

I think we roared past any process for change. We're more likely to see anarchy before liberty at the current rate.
    Then be happy that you might not see it in the next five years.

The msm/tptb will negatively associate Gadfly with son of Gadfly whenever it suits their purpose. Count on it.

Their "reasoning" will be to show how son of Gadfly is a losing bet in the general. They will "help" their viewers reach this conclusion.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Sooo.... on what issues does Paul agree with Paul?

EDIT: Stump for ideas, not candidates. Let the msm make their own associations -as they will.

He's a positive way to start spinning the association, remember this? I absolutely loved it, a very useful conversation piece for me:

http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-10/pa...ader-we-agree/

Paul, Baldwin, McKinney, Nader: We Agree
    RonPaul.com September 10, 2008Ron Paul 2008

The Republican/Democrat duopoly has, for far too long, ignored the most important issues facing our nation. However, alternate candidates Chuck Baldwin, Cynthia McKinney, and Ralph Nader agree with Ron Paul on four key principles central to the health of our nation. These principles should be key in the considerations of every voter this November and in every election.

We Agree

Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 08-11-2015 at 02:05 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well, for myself, i would like to see Ron do at least one College University to test the waters...line up some 'on board' celebs to speak as well...

What stances are you disapointed on?
    I'm disappointed in the fact that almost everything he does is determined by how it will poll with 'the base' instead of what is RIGHT, period. He doesn't speak truth to power. He's for 'some' Iran sanctions, but not all... he's for limited war in Afghanistan, but thinks we should debate more.... he's perfectly ok with using a drone to kill a U.S. citizen as long as proper procedure is followed... his hawkish stance and posturing on Ukraine, Tomahawk missile production, I can go on and on. He won't take a firm position on anti-war/non-intervention issues, and being an Iraq War veteran who is now 100% non-intervention/anti-war, it's difficult to swallow. Playing footsy with McConnell, focus group-responses, etc etc.

When I campaigned for Rand for Senate (and listening to his positions as a senate candidate versus today, you can see my confusion), I was so excited about the idea of a younger, stronger version of Ron Paul-style politics IN THE SENATE! Can you imagine that? A heroic, brave, uncompromising Ron Paul Jr. truth-teller for a 6 year term in the US Senate? Instead we have someone who cares more about electability than actually speaking blunt freaking truth. This world needs 1000 people with Ron Paul's courage to speak truth about the issues without caring about offending potential donors and hawks in the GOP wing. It does not need someone who is wishy washy on matters of life and death.

- Diogenes of Sinope

roll the dice time?...
    Not yet

I'm disappointed in the fact that almost everything he does is determined by how it will poll with 'the base' instead of what is RIGHT, period. He doesn't speak truth to power. He's for 'some' Iran sanctions, but not all... he's for limited war in Afghanistan, but thinks we should debate more.... he's perfectly ok with using a drone to kill a U.S. citizen as long as proper procedure is followed... his hawkish stance and posturing on Ukraine, Tomahawk missile production, I can go on and on. He won't take a firm position on anti-war/non-intervention issues, and being an Iraq War veteran who is now 100% non-intervention/anti-war, it's difficult to swallow. Playing footsy with McConnell, focus group-responses, etc etc.

When I campaigned for Rand for Senate (and listening to his positions as a senate candidate versus today, you can see my confusion), I was so excited about the idea of a younger, stronger version of Ron Paul-style politics IN THE SENATE! Can you imagine that? A heroic, brave, uncompromising Ron Paul Jr. truth-teller for a 6 year term in the US Senate? Instead we have someone who cares more about electability than actually speaking blunt freaking truth. This world needs 1000 people with Ron Paul's courage to speak truth about the issues without caring about offending potential donors and hawks in the GOP wing. It does not need someone who is wishy washy on matters of life and death.
    Why don't you take a look at his record.. before you start calling Rand a Neo-con.
    Last edited by Wilf; 08-11-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Why don't you take a look at his record.. before you start call Rand a Neo-con.
    Wow.... once again you are full of fail. lol

Did I call Rand a "neo-con"? Not even close. I inferred that he is soft on issues involving matters of war and intervention. If you extrapolate out of that that I 'called Rand a neocon" then this conversation is over. Have a nice day.

- Diogenes of Sinope

As someone who stands with Rand, but didn't back Ron in his presidential runs, I think the Ron time should be kept to a minimum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast