Thread: Cruz: Foolish For GOP To Criticize Trump

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Cruz: Foolish For GOP To Criticize Trump

Cruz, you are wrong on TPP and H1-B Visas, but you're absolutely correct in this instance.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...mp-121241.html

Cruz’s remarks, which came during an interview with POLITICO as he swings through the South on a bus tour, are among the most detailed comments to date regarding his reluctance to criticize the real estate mogul, who is currently leading the polls in the GOP primary.

“I would … note that an awful lot of Republicans, including other Republican candidates, have gone out of their way to smack Donald Trump with a stick. Now I think that’s just foolish,” he said.

Asked why, Cruz paused and then replied, “Donald Trump had a rally in Phoenix, Ariz. [to which] between 10 and 20 thousand people came out. When you attack and vilify the people at that rally as crazies, it does nothing to help Republicans win in 2016. I’d like every single person at that rally to show up and vote in 2016, knock on doors with energy and passion, and turn this country around. If Washington politicians show contempt and condescension to those [voters,] that is a path to losing at the ballot box.”

And when asked whether he wants those voters to eventually support him, he replied, “It is my hope to earn the support of the supporters for every other candidate in 2016.”

In contrast to most of the other Republican presidential contenders, Cruz has refrained from directly condemning Trump for making comments targeted at prisoners of war and at women, even as he has indicated he doesn’t agree with the sentiments. He has said that he doesn’t want to engage in “Republican-on-Republican violence.”

When a reporter noted that he is one of the most outspoken critics of Republican leadership in Congress, Cruz stressed that he has no problem highlighting policy differences, and may do so down the road with Trump.

“There are no doubts that there are policy differences between me and Donald Trump’s past policy positions,” Cruz said.

For example, Trump drew fire from other Republicans — though not from Cruz — when during the first GOP presidential debate last week he appeared to take a favorable view of single-payer health care in other countries.

“There may well come a time in this conversation where we discuss those differences more fully,” he continued. “No one is asking about tax policy. [The media] wants me to comment on the salacious back-and-forth, and I’m not going to play that game.”

Instead, he was quick to praise Trump for bringing the issue of illegal immigration to the forefront. Cruz, who takes a tough line on illegal immigration, may have crossover appeal to some of the same voters who are turning out for Trump, an anti-illegal immigration hardliner who has made highly controversial comments about undocumented immigrants.

“I am grateful to Donald Trump for forcing the media to talk about illegal immigration,” he said. “Illegal immigration is a tremendously important challenge facing this country, and it is an issue where I have been leading the fight for many years.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a pussy, I cannot have any respect for someone who is afraid to challenge power. This is the kind of man who would apologize to Trump if he mistakenly walked into Trump $#@!ing his wife.

What a limp dick, ass kisser than man is, grow some balls and then people will respect you.

Btw, didn't the spineless $#@! attack Rand in his book? the cry baby was whinning because he though Rand abandoned him during his Dr. Seus themed filibuster.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    What a pussy, I cannot have any respect for someone who is afraid to challenge power. This is the kind of man who would apologize to Trump if he mistakenly walked into Trump $#@!ing his wife.

What a limp dick, ass kisser than man is, grow some balls and then people will respect you.

Btw, didn't the spineless $#@! attack Rand in his book? the cry baby was whinning because he though Rand abandoned him during his Dr. Seus themed filibuster.
    Yes, challenge 'power' that is giving the GOP establishment fits. Great idea. You don't attack someone who is doing your heavy lifting.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-10-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Yes, challenge 'power' that is giving the GOP establishment fits. Great idea.
    I was talking about Cruz not Trump. Trump at least shows the appearance of challenging the system. Cruz on the other hand is groveling, genuflecting, and doing a total submitting to the royal Trumpness. The people who gravitate to Trump because of his power and money would never go for a weak, timid Cruz.

It is foolish for him in particular to criticize Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I was talking about Cruz not Trump. Trump at least shows the appearance of challenging the system. Cruz on the other hand is groveling, genuflecting, and doing a total submitting to the royal Trumpness. The people who gravitate to Trump because of his power and money would never go for a weak, timid Cruz.
    You may be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    It is foolish for him in particular to criticize Trump.
    Exactly *cough* Canadian *cough* Where's your certificate of citizenship or records of birth abroad? *cough**cough*
    RVO˩UTION

Pretty cowardly here..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cruz's chief Sugar Daddy Robert Mercer also donates big bucks to Breitbart.com.

"In April, The New York Times reported that Wall Street hedge fund magnate Robert Mercer was believed to be the main donor behind a network of four pro-Cruz super PACs that reportedly raised $31 million just weeks into his campaign.

Mercer, according to Politico, also funds Breitbart, whose 18.7 million unique users per month "can be an important starting ground for driving the conversation on the right."

Conservative campaign finance operatives told Politico that Mercer and Steve Bannon, Breitbart’s executive chairman, have worked together on political projects, including Mercer’s political data company, Cambridge Analytica, which is also working with Cruz’s campaign.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ted...#ixzz3iTfSIHcN
    Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!"

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ted.../10/id/654419/

Now stories are starting come out that Donald Trump has been paying Breitbart for favorable press coverage.

Breitbart EIC Alexander Marlow Hammers Buzzfeed on CNN for ‘Totally Bogus’ Hit Piece

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...#disqus_thread

Watch the video. It's a non denial denial.

Cruz has secret meeting with Trump last week in New York. This crap stinks to high heaven. I suspect Cruz might be one of the biggest phonies out there.

Haha. Ted Cruz going for the "finesse" route. That's not going to end well for him...

Cruz thinks it's foolish to inform the rank and file GOP that a significant number of them are falling in love with the very sort of club-toting, red-meat-flinging, me-Tarzan-you-Jane-ing big bald bubblehead that can't count to twenty unless he's barefoot or wearing sandals? And to remind them that independent voters will never vote for one of those, Democrats will never cross over to vote for one, and this will therefore not end well? Will, in fact, end the same way it always does when they listen to liberal media outlets like CNN, msnbc and Fox when they tell those people who to pay attention to--they will lose?

He doesn't think it's about time Republicans heard that? Is he a Democrat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Cruz might have a point, at least in the short term of things but long term maybe as well since the GOP NEEDS these voters to even have a chance at winning. Cruz seems to have gone up in the polls by riding Trump's coattails, calling McConnell a liar on the Senate floor was a boost. He's in the best position to scoop up Trump's voters, Carson too. Rand on the other hand has gone the opposite directions and is now in danger of falling out of the top 10, the polls are saying that Rand was the perceived loser of the debate which I can only assume is because of the combined dislike of Trump supporters(since Rand attacked him) and neoconservatives(the Christie exchange) Even if the strategy works in damaging Trump I don't think it will benefit Rand since the perception of him will be as a hatchet man for the establishment,

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Cruz might have a point, at least in the short term of things but long term maybe as well since the GOP NEEDS these voters to even have a chance at winning.
    Number one, if the GOP kowtows to these voters and takes their word for who the most appealing candidate is, they lose.

Number two, if and when these people vote, they never, ever vote for anyone who doesn't have a capital R next to his name anyway.

Number three, do these 'voters' ever actually vote?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Would Cruz drop of the race to be an early running mate with Trump? Would Trump do that? It'd make things go more bananas, but stranger things have happened...
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Yes, challenge 'power' that is giving the GOP establishment fits. Great idea. You don't attack someone who is doing your heavy lifting.
    Trump IS the establishment and is doing their heavy lifting to ensure the establishment wins. The only purpose of his candidacy is to take votes, support, and media attention away from any anti-establishment candidate. That is his sole purpose, to prevent an anti-establishment or upstart candidate from gaining momentum. The reason you don't see the establishment "front-runners" attacking him at this time is because they appreciate the good work he is doing for their campaigns.

Trump's purpose is to nullify the anti-establishment sentiment and voters. He has yet to articulate a coherent or plausible plan on anything (Immigration -- build a wall, make the Mexicans pay for it; Economy: I'm rich; Foreign Policy -- I know how to make deals; Military/ISIS/Iran/China/Russia -- tough talk; Other candidates -- ______ is a loser/stupid/weird/fat/etc). Just look at his debate, comments to the media, or twitter account. Look at his website -- Not a single stance on a policy or issue, just pictures and a store. All Trump does is bluster, and the media and other morons eat it up.

The best and only option is to attack him, get the media's attention, and EXPOSE him and his farce of a campaign.
    Last edited by pacodever; 08-11-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Butt kisser. Cruz doesn't have any guts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cruz is just flat out Oily. I gave him 2 thousand bucks in 2012 for his Senate run and that's something I've come to regret.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Would Cruz drop of the race to be an early running mate with Trump? Would Trump do that? It'd make things go more bananas, but stranger things have happened...
    I doubt it. Trump is a birther. Ted is constitutionally ineligible to hold office, since he was born in Canada and derived "alleged" US citizenship through Acts of Naturalization. Trump has already said Cruz has hurdles to overcome in the Presidential race due to his being born in Canada.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    I doubt it. Trump is a birther. Ted is constitutionally ineligible to hold office, since he was born in Canada and derived "alleged" US citizenship through Acts of Naturalization. Trump has already said Cruz has hurdles to overcome in the Presidential race due to his being born in Canada.
    I'm sure Trump can find a new positions on that, he has on everything else.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Foolish of the GOP to consider Trump with anything but abject, unquestioning admiration. Who else can guarantee them another loss? How else can they hand it all to the Democrats on a silver platter? How many candidates do they have that some 52% of the adult American population don't trust enough to elect as the local dog-catcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Consult
    The share of Republican primary voters who say they view Trump favorably increased since the last tracking poll, to 62 percent from 57 percent. But the number of registered voters who say they see Trump unfavorably remains high — 52 percent of all voters say they see him in a negative light. That makes Trump both the most popular candidate within the Republican field and the least popular candidate Republicans could nominate for next year’s general election.
    http://morningconsult.com/2015/08/tr...e-controversy/

Good thing Fox is there to fool them into thinking any red meat-slinging, beer swilling loudmouth they get a hard on for is electable. Otherwise they might be in some actual danger of putting one of their own in the White House.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-11-2015 at 08:55 AM.

I don't see the problem with this comment by Cruz. He is suggesting the GOP be a primary based on the issues and not who hates trump most. I'm tired of every R needing to commenting on anything trump says. Cruz made comments against the senate leadership and how calls out the GOP. Those are two positives for a future senator (he's not a natural born citizen and therefore cannot be president). I don't agree with Cruz on all his issues but to call for the GOP to back off trump and focus on real issues is a positive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    I don't see the problem with this comment by Cruz. He is suggesting the GOP be a primary based on the issues and not who hates trump most. I'm tired of every R needing to commenting on anything trump says. Cruz made comments against the senate leadership and how calls out the GOP. Those are two positives for a future senator (he's not a natural born citizen and therefore cannot be president). I don't agree with Cruz on all his issues but to call for the GOP to back off trump and focus on real issues is a positive to me.
    To call out Donald Trump simply on his character or personality, as some of the candidates have done, is a bit fruitless; but not totally unproductive. But when you can also call him out on his policies and stances, then game on. It's something that has to be done.
    RVO˩UTION

Alright Cruz, keep your own advice now and don't take on Trump for his current willingness to give taxpayer money to Planned Parenthood.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Rand isn't attacking Trump supporters, he is attacking him on policy and substance.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    I don't see the problem with this comment by Cruz. He is suggesting the GOP be a primary based on the issues and not who hates trump most.
    Yes, to ensure that the primary is about the issues, and not blister, we should refrain from criticizing the frontrunner for being all bluster and no issues.

...makes sense.

Yeah,...Rand should take up where Megyn Kelly left off.

It did wonders for her career.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Yeah,...Rand should take up where Megyn Kelly left off.

It did wonders for her career.
    I'll bet more than twice as many people know who she is today than did last Wednesday.

For the Son Of He Who Must Not Be Named, that has to be a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'll bet more than twice as many people know who she is today than did last Wednesday.
    Sure seems that way.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015...ng-gop-debate/