Thread: Christie misstates facts on 9/11 during heated debate with Paul

Christie misstates facts on 9/11 during heated debate with Paul

Christie misstates facts on 9/11 during heated debate with Paul
    By Barbara Boland • 8/8/15

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said during the GOP debate Thursday that he was appointed U.S. attorney the day before Sept. 11, 2001, but in actuality he was not appointed by former President George W. Bush until three months later in December 2001.
    "I'm the only person on this stage who's actually filed applications under the Patriot Act, who have gone before the Foreign Intelligence Service Court [sic], who has prosecuted and investigated and jailed terrorists in the country after Sept. 11," Christie said. "I was appointed U.S. attorney by President Bush on Sept. 10, 2001. The world changed enormously the next day and it happened in my state. This is not theoretical to me."
    But a White House notice announcing Christie's nomination can be found online — and it is dated Dec. 7, 2001.

Christie's campaign spokeswoman Samantha Smith insisted Friday that Christie didn't lie, he just misspoke.
    But during the debate Thursday night, Christie was very clear when he stated that he was "appointed United States attorney on Sept. 10, 2001. And I spent the next seven years of my career fighting terrorism and putting terrorists in jail."
    More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ch...rticle/2569879
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I seem to recall reading that Christie was the first to use the patriot act provisions to prosecute NON-terrorism related cases; setting a very bad precedent. But I can't find a reference to it any longer.

He thinks he is John O'Neil..lol..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._O%27Neill

John O'Neil investigated Bin Laden for years and was pushed out of the FBI and given the job of head of security for the WTC complex and 9/11 was his "first or second" day on the job. He died.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He thinks he is John O'Neil..lol..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._O%27Neill

John O'Neil investigated Bin Laden for years and was pushed out of the FBI and given the job of head of security for the WTC complex and 9/11 was his "first or second" day on the job. He died.
    Or Sean Hannity.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Or Sean Hannity.
    The Sean Hannity Show began national syndication on September 10, 2001, on over 500 stations nationwide.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Hannity
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

A lot happened on September 10, 2001.

Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to announce $2.3 trillion in missing money from the Pentagon budget.

The next day, the 'terrorists' conveniently rammed a plane right into the corner of the Pentagon that contained the budget offices, killing people who may have known something and and equipment that could have contained some of this data.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    A lot happened on September 10, 2001.

Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference to announce $2.3 trillion in missing money from the Pentagon budget.

The next day, the 'terrorists' conveniently rammed a plane right into the corner of the Pentagon that contained the budget offices, killing people who may have known something and and equipment that could have contained some of this data.
    10 September 2001 at 11:01 pm Eastern Time the MSNBC bulletin board got a scare message about watching the 6pm news tomorrow . . .
    (Middle East connection)

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I seem to recall reading that Christie was the first to use the patriot act provisions to prosecute NON-terrorism related cases; setting a very bad precedent. But I can't find a reference to it any longer.
    That would be good info to have, although it looks like Christie will no longer be a problem as far as being a serious contender. He probably will be sitting out the rest of the debates.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    liar, liar, girdle on fire.