Thread: Should Rand Paul ask Fox why they scrubbed Jeb Bush's Planned Parenthood question?

Should Rand Paul ask Fox why they scrubbed Jeb Bush's Planned Parenthood question?

Since the first Republican primary debate, Republicans and conservatives (and I suppose a few libertarians) have been complaining about the tough adversarial questions asked by the FOX News moderators. However, there is one question and one response you will no longer find. It’s been removed from the transcript like it never happened and the videos posted after the debate taken down. If you were watching live, here is what you would have heard. The exchange starts with the question from Megyn Kelly.

Kelly: Governor Bush, let’s start with you. Many Republicans have been outraged recently by a series of videos on Planned Parenthood. You now say that you support ending federal funding for this organization. However, until late 2014, right before you started your campaign, you sat on the board of a Bloomberg charity that quite publicly gave tens of millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood, while you were a Director. How could you not know about these well-publicized donations [a few boos] and if you did know, how could you help a charity so openly committed to abortion rights?

Bush: I joined the Bloomberg foundation because of Mike Bloomberg’s shared commitment for meaningful education reform. That’s why I was on it. We never had a debate about the budget. It was presented and we approved it. Not item by item. Here’s my record. As governor of the state of Florida, I defunded Planned Parenthood. [applause] I created a culture of life in our state. We were the only state to appropriate money for crisis pregnancy centers. We expanded dramatically the number of adoptions out of our foster care system. We created — we did parental notification laws. We ended partial birth abortion. We did all of this. And we were the first state to do a “choose life” license plate. Now 29 states have done it and tens of millions of dollars have gone to create a culture where more people, more babies are adopted.

Kelly: But did you know?

Bush: [pause] No. I didn’t know…

More: http://iroots.org/2015/08/09/fox-cov...moving-videos/

It might be risky, but I think Rand Paul should consider bringing this up either to FOX or, at least, talk about it on the campaign trail.
    Does anyone have any explanation for this scrubbing by Fox?
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Because he is a Bush... Nuff said! The Saudis love them some Bushs

It is discussed at the beginning of this clip:

Issue aside....

Reason #34509885 why copy written media stands as a repugnant concept in a free nation.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I just watched the replay of the debate tonight ( Sun. 8/9/2015) on FOX News and it wasn't "scrubbed" out. They played the question and response in its' entirety.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    I just watched the replay of the debate tonight ( Sun. 8/9/2015) on FOX News and it wasn't "scrubbed" out. They played the question and response in its' entirety.
    1:13:30 at http://video.foxnews.com/v/440674600...dential-debate

not sure what's the fuss about ...

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    Did they air Rand's smack at Trump for being a Clinton plant at the beginning of the debate?

Fox does have a history of editing debate reairings....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book