Thread: From now on after this post how about we ignore the Trump trolls?

From now on after this post how about we ignore the Trump trolls?

Like their role model they are only seeking attention. Of course they are going to reply and say I'm giving them attention by posting this. So really just ignore the trolls.
    Last edited by dude58677; 08-09-2015 at 07:07 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like Glen Beck?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Like Glen Beck?

I meant the trolls in these forums who support him.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    How about we ignore the Trump trolls?
    You mean ignoring them by creating threads exclusive about them with their names on the title? I think that's a very effective way to ignore.

They spread a lot of misinformation, which ought to be countered for the benefit of lurkers.

But actually engaging the Trumpsters themselves in conversation, as if they could be reasoned with? Yea, that's pointless and should be avoided.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

He's a great American

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

I meant the trolls in these forums who support him.
    No, I mean are you going to ignore the Trump trolls like Glenn Beck promised to ignore Trump which lasted about 5 seconds?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I wouldn't call them trolls. Some of them may be genuinely excited about the guy, others just like the monkey wrench effect. This is what is being discussed in our country. It's alright that it is reflected here so that the truth gets fleshed out.

It's a phase. They'll outgrow it.
    Last edited by RJB; 08-09-2015 at 09:37 PM.

I'm in.
    #NashvilleStrong

No.

This is the 2016 Election forum and Trump, like it or not, is a big part of that.

Is there a way to "ignore" people? Maybe we can ignore all the trumpeters trumpeting Trump

Turns out there is. There's an "ignore" option in the settings

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I have learned that I will never see a candidate of my liking win the White House in my lifetime, but I can at least drive up the cortisol levels of some soulless demon on Wall Street. Maybe if we're lucky we can shorten their lives abit with this Trump stunt.

Like their role model they are only seeking attention. Of course they are going to reply and say I'm giving them attention by posting this. So really just ignore the trolls.
    Ignore whoever you want. In the big picture it really doesn't matter, one way or another. <shrug>

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Ignore whoever you want. In the big picture it really doesn't matter, one way or another. <shrug>
    We are just a peanut gallery here. Nobody gives a $#@! about what we say.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Yep, that's pretty much my take on it too.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Trump is a real candidate with a real lead right now and that shouldn't be ignored. There are things to be learned from all of this. I know that there are some here that are pretty butt hurt about the whole Trump thing, but I think it is best to keep some perspective.

There is a long way to go and the best chance for liberty in my mind is Rand Paul. Short of that, Trump breaking some cogs in the GOP machine is a good thing. Rand will have to work through this and stick around while others drop out.

I make the decision to ignore Trump supporters on a thread by thread basis.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

May have to get used to it. The ratings for this last Debate was big...think "Hunger Games".
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

So you think a guy with mob ties is worth voting for?
    So you posted this just now? Do you have memory problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Trump is a real candidate
    I was with you through the first three words, but by the fourth word, I was beginning to doubt...

...and by the fifth word, well, I'm afraid I'll have to object.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    They spread a lot of misinformation, which ought to be countered for the benefit of lurkers.

But actually engaging the Trumpsters themselves in conversation, as if they could be reasoned with? Yea, that's pointless and should be avoided.
    Yeah, ignoring anything "news" is pointless as mostly the primary activity in RPF is current event commentary. Trump stuff is popular because Trump is popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No.

This is the 2016 Election forum and Trump, like it or not, is a big part of that.
    How about this. Anti-Trump subforum?

The Rand Paul forum doesn't allow dissent, even expertly crafted and exposited, well-deserved dissent from yours truly, which is fine. They will censure and warn you if you judge Rand too harshly.

How about an anti-Trump subforum where postitive support for Trump is against forum policy and people are kicked out for posting positive Trump stuff? If we can have an artificially pro-Rand subforum I don't see why we can't have an artificially anti-Trump subforum?

Who's game?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Peanut gallery or not, we should always be aware that what we say has meaning. Maybe not to someone reading today or tommorrow, but eventually we will be accountable for all the words we've spoken.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Commentary:

But I say unto you,.... This form of speaking is used, the more strongly to asseverate the truth of what is after said; and the rather, because men are apt to indulge a liberty with their tongues; fancying no great crime is committed, when only words are spoken, and no facts done;

that every idle word that a man shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. By an "idle word" is meant, what the Jews call, , "light conversation", and , "vain discourse", as the Hebrew Gospel of Munster reads it here; frothy language, unprofitable talk, which, though it does not directly hurt God or man, yet is of no use to speaker or hearer; and yet even this, in the last general and awful judgment, if not forgiven, and repented of, must be accounted for; and much more such horrid blasphemies the Pharisees had vented against Christ, and the Spirit of Christ. The Jews (d) have a saying pretty much like this,

"That even , "for any light conversation", which passes between a man and his wife, he shall "be brought to judgment".''
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    The Rand Paul forum doesn't allow dissent, even expertly crafted and exposited, well-deserved dissent from yours truly, which is fine. They will censure and warn you if you judge Rand too harshly.
    HA.

Now you're speaking Spikender's language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not so much that. It's more so that criticism suppresses enthusiasm and without the enthusiasm of this forum, Rand Paul is sure to fail.

Likewise for mods changing thread titles, as well. Changing thread titles to be more pro-Rand is a strong pillar in our strategy for success.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

How about we double down on Rand's attack Trump strategy and also have fun?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ast-30-minutes

It might cure boredom for a little while.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

I don't plan on ignoring anybody just yet, although I did temporarily put somebody on my ignore list based on something whole unrelated to this and have since decided to take him off it. Until Trump implodes and isn't being talked up so much, ignoring him is like ignoring cancer, it'll probably kill you.

I'm all for being dismissive of what people have to say if it is pointless, but Trump's present impact on the field isn't what I'd call pointless. I do, and will continue, to vigorously oppose Trump and will take some degree of solace when his numbers start to drop off a bit more, and I'm hoping that he continues taking Bush down with him, which he seems to be doing at present, particularly in Iowa.

Having political forum for one candidate (Rand) where outright promotion of another candidate is allowed (Trump) is beyond retarded.

If I remember correctly in 2012 on pro-Romneys webpage you couldnt write "Ron Paul". It would be transformed into Captain America automatically.

I wrote before that people who promote other candidates or just post threads that promote other candidates should be warned and their threads moved into Hot Topics. If they repeat infraction then their priviledge to post in certain parts of the forum Grassroots, Rand Paul sub-forum etc. should be revoked.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.