Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman arrested after placing herself between cop and dog.

Woman arrested after placing herself between cop and dog.

The temerity of this mundane!

Parkersburg, WV — A disturbing video was submitted to the Free Thought Project this week which shows the courageous actions of one woman, and the cowardly actions of a West Virginia State Trooper.

The incident began after a neighborhood argument escalated to the point of a man calling the police to prevent further turmoil. The homeowner, Cliff, called the police after his neighbor allegedly threatened him. However, when the police showed up, they were more interested in Cliff’s dog than preventing any disturbance.

Randall Hupp, the man who gave us the video, explains that after the cops had arrived, the situation was calm, but then they quickly got out of control.

Things were going fine and my son decided to film for posterity sake in case anything should happen. There were two dogs present in the area at the time of the video, a black dog which was the neighbors dog that was running loose…and Cliffs dog, which was chained up.
    Cliff’s dog, which was on a chain, merely barked as the officer walked up to the home. His tail was still wagging, and he seemed to calm down immediately. However, the fact that this dog was on a chain, not growling, nor posing any threat whatsoever, was of no consequence to the state trooper who quickly pulled out his service pistol, took aim, and almost killed the dog.

Before the state trooper could shoot the dog, however, Hupp’s daughter, Tiffanie courageously stepped in between the dog and the officer to prevent the puppycide.

The state trooper, seemingly offended by the woman’s attempt to thwart his dog killing, then proceeded to attack Tiffanie. Hupp explained to the Free Thought Project what happened next,

The trooper approached with gun in hand, grabbed her by the arm and slammed her to the ground. After the troopers realized that they had been filmed, they entered the home illegally without warrant or probable cause and confiscated all digital devices including my 4-year-old grandson’s tablet. We only recently received the devices back and released the video.
    For stopping the trooper from killing her dog and getting slammed to the ground in front of her 4-year-old son, Tiffanie was charged with misdemeanor obstruction.

To add insult to assault, the city is attempting to railroad Tiffanie by forcing her to use their public appointed defender, with obvious conflicts of interest.

Hupp explains,

The courts appointed her an attorney whom actually is married to a state trooper, and they have denied her request for new legal counsel. We have a hearing set for Thursday 9 am, the 13th of August. We have been informed that we have no legal grounds for a lawsuit, due to lack of physical injury. Although my 4-year-old grandson is now terrified of police, I’m told at every door, there will be no justice.
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/mot...R3g2K1TmYx0.99

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting, the trooper was startled by the dog and steps back drawing his weapon. The dog is clearly chained and barking but not in a particularly aggressive way. Even though he is out of the way of the dog (er I mean threat) he takes aim at the dog. The woman, un-aggressively, steps between them. The trooper escalates the situation by grabbing her arm and the throwing her out of the way and to the ground. He then escalates further by arresting her who in kind calls him a $#@!ing $#@!...

Really, was there a need for all this drama... Seems like the officer had no agenda other than flexing his muscles and authority.. Such a shame. This should have been such a non event.
    Last edited by sam1952; 08-09-2015 at 09:12 AM.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

"Why do you need a gun?"
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Cop probably figured he has a gun and never gets to use it. Now is his chance to kill something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Cop probably figured he has a gun and never gets to use it. Now is his chance to kill something with it.
    It looked exactly like that to me.
    "The Patriarch"

Who was braver and the hero in this? How much guts does it take to shoot a dog that is obviously not a threat? How much courage does it take to walk in front of a possible bullet?
    "The Patriarch"

I’m told at every door, there will be no justice.

Although my 4-year-old grandson is now terrified of police
    Good.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To summarize.
    If you get in the way of a cop fulfilling his blood lust you will be kidnapped and represented by a bureaucrat sympathetic to the cop. This story exemplifies whats wrong with monopoly of authority as well as any, I think.

It also shows that people are becoming more aware, as demonstrated by the young girl's quick reaction.
    I would contribute to a defense fund for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

This $#@!e is getting really hard to take.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    I would contribute to a defense fund for her.
    So would I, especially considering the piss poor quality of the government lawyer appointed to them.

The courts appointed her an attorney whom actually is married to a state trooper, and they have denied her request for new legal counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    This $#@!e is getting really hard to take.
    Cue Christopher A. Brown, who will tell you, you are just a simpering, sniveling wimp, and all you have to do is recite his magick words and phrases and all will fall into place.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-09-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Cue Christopher A. Brown, who will tell you, you are just a simpering, sniveling wimp, and all you have to do is recite his magick words and phrases and all will fall into place.
    The only legitimate free speech is the speech that unites behind his, so he rationalizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Never come between a NaziCop and its Prey.

Real justice is personal!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Wait. It all makes sense now. The terrorists hate us for our freedoms. The officer denied this woman's right to exercise her freedoms, therefore, he kept us safe from terrorism. Give him a medal. It takes an unspeakable amount of courage to shoot at a chained dog and assault a woman.

</sarc>

One note... The dog is fine!
    Thanks to a caring owner
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    One note... The dog is fine!
    Thanks to a caring owner
    don't hold your breathe on that dog staying alive. Pretty sure a SWAT raid has already been planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Who was braver and the hero in this? How much guts does it take to shoot a dog that is obviously not a threat? How much courage does it take to walk in front of a possible bullet?
    The officer clearly felt ashamed---but instead of manning up he chose to attack a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Never come between a NaziCop and its Prey.

Real justice is personal!
    Slightly OT:

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    don't hold your breathe on that dog staying alive. Pretty sure a SWAT raid has already been planned.
    In the Burlington IA case where the cop shot a killed a woman while shooting at her dog they came and took the dog and were going to have it put down, having declared it a "dangerous animal." I don't know if they went through with it though.

Meanwhile the real dangerous animal is either still on paid vacation, or out roaming the streets again.

UPDATE:
    Tiffanie Hupp found not guilty of obstruction charges

It was a story that sparked social media outrage last year: a trooper points a gun an at a family dog, and then puts that dog's owner in handcuffs...

Months later, that woman is found not guilty of obstructing a police officer.

Tiffanie Hupp is seen in a video posted on the internet attempting to block a West Virginia State Police trooper aiming a weapon at her dog.

She was accused of obstruction, but was found not guilty by a jury in Wood County Magistrate Court Monday.

Police came to her home last May, responding to a domestic dispute.
    http://www.thenewscenter.tv/content/...370722451.html

Chester Copperpot

i know im not the only one who seethes when i replay the original video

Is the dog OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    i know im not the only one who seethes when i replay the original video
    nope you are not

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, the Officer was just trying to be safe. He certainly didn't want to be the first Officer ever to be killed by a dog.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 03-03-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Goons gonna goon...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

I'm sure the cop not only was unable to satisfy his blood lust, the woman standing in front of this supposed vicious animal that was charging and left him with no other option except to use force as he feared for his safety, suddenly looked like a fool and like he had no balls that a woman was able to keep turn around the implied scenario of, "Cop saving himself from vicious predator" to the reality of "Woman saving family pet from vicious predator."

He goes from satisfying blood lust (with the narrative of self defense)....To looking like a pussy for being afraid of a wagging tail family pet....to looking like a sick $#@! trying to shoot a chained pet in the face...

That sudden turn of events forced the cop to show his true colors and he did what only a "REAL MAN" would do, and throw his frustration at the woman tossing her to the ground. Violence against women much $#@!?? Neither her nor the dog were threats. He tried to kill the latter and when she foiled that he had to toss the former. What a real hero.

So that's how the cop treats women who stand their ground? LOL, even though her posture was about as least threatening as it gets, she stood her ground and boy he could not take it.
    Last edited by Mani; 03-04-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    I'm sure the cop not only was unable to satisfy his blood lust, the woman standing in front of this supposed vicious animal that was charging and left him with no other option except to use force as he feared for his safety, suddenly looked like a fool and like he had no balls that a woman was able to keep turn around the implied scenario of, "Cop saving himself from vicious predator" to the reality of "Woman saving family pet from vicious predator."

He goes from satisfying blood lust (with the narrative of self defense)....To looking like a pussy for being afraid of a wagging tail family pet....to looking like a sick $#@! trying to shoot a chained pet in the face...

That sudden turn of events forced the cop to show his true colors and he did what only a "REAL MAN" would do, and throw his frustration at the woman tossing her to the ground. Violence against women much $#@!?? Neither her nor the dog were threats. He tried to kill the latter and when she foiled that he had to toss the former. What a real hero.

So that's how the cop treats women who stand their ground? LOL, even though her posture was about as least threatening as it gets, she stood her ground and boy he could not take it.
    Look, she got her due... What ARE you? Some kind of anarchist???
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    To looking like a pussy for being afraid of a wagging tail family pet...
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

State Trooper Seth Cook claimed that he was just doing as he was trained.

Cook claims that West Virginia state troopers are all trained to kill any dog that approaches them in the course of their duty. It doesn’t matter if the dog is aggressive or charging, or chained up with a wagging tail, like Buddy was on the day the incident took place.

“After he put me in the patrol car and arrested me, he just walks up the trailer and up to the phones and, whatever devices were on chargers, he took them,” she said. “He took my husband’s phone, he took my phone, he took my sister-in-law’s and my son’s tablet. And we don’t use those phones or tablets anymore. If my phone leaves my hands and goes into the hands of a cop, I kinda don’t trust that. Without that video, it’s just my word against a state trooper. Nobody is going to believe my word over law enforcement.”

At the trial, Cook was the only one to testify on his own behalf. He claimed that Hupp had a crossbow in her hands, and also raised her hand up to Cook during the incident. Hupp’s attorneys had a few witnesses to bring, but really only needed to show the phone video of what happened. At no time does Hupp have any weapons on her person, nor does she make any threatening gestures toward the officer at all. The whole trial took six hours, and at the end of it all Hupp was acquitted.
    http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2016/03/w...oot-acquitted/
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast