Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand attacking Trump during the debate. discuss.

Rand attacking Trump during the debate. discuss.

Starting a separate thread on Rand's Trump attacks.

Was this a good move ? What was he trying to accomplish ? WTF ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It was a good idea for Rand to attack Trump IMO, but not a good idea to interrupt and not a good idea to basically be yelling from the debate stage. Rand needs to stay on the attack but do it in a much calmer way next time.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    It was a good idea for Rand to attack Trump IMO, but not a good idea to interrupt and not a good idea to basically be yelling from the debate stage. Rand needs to stay on the attack but do it in a much calmer way next time.
    It was just fine by me . . . maybe not to others, but I liked. Not a timid time - Trump has got the ratings on fire !!

Last edited by Jan2017; 08-08-2015 at 08:57 PM.

The only problem with that is that the Hillary Clinton network (FOX News), won't ask him a question or give him an opportunity. When you look at the final results, Rand had the least amount of time (just over 4 minutes), of any other candidate on the state. At first, I was horrified when he interjected, but looking back it was probably not a bad move. Rand has to gamble, as he did with the Christie argument.

Rand jumping in right off the bat regarding Trump potentially running third party seemed like an almost desperate attempt to gain attention. I remember how RON responded to Santorum when he was interruptive and said, "please don't interrupt".

Rand was rude. Very rude.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by samforpaul View Post
    Rand jumping in right off the bat regarding Trump potentially running third party seemed like an almost desperate attempt to gain attention. I remember how RON responded to Santorum when he was interruptive and said, "please don't interrupt".

Good - manners and niceties . . .
    or flame throwers or your police gunning down University of Colorado student - $#@! YOU LIARS

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    The only problem with that is that the Hillary Clinton network (FOX News), won't ask him a question or give him an opportunity. When you look at the final results, Rand had the least amount of time (just over 4 minutes), of any other candidate on the state. At first, I was horrified when he interjected, but looking back it was probably not a bad move. Rand has to gamble, as he did with the Christie argument.
    Rand didn't always use up all of his time when he was asked a question. That seems to be part of the reason why he had less speaking time than everyone else.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Rand didn't always use up all of his time when he was asked a question. That seems to be part of the reason why he had less speaking time than everyone else.
    What a contorted twist of a twist - lol

Rand, unlike Fox, attacked Trump on the right issues - getting people to look at the possibility he is doing this as a favor to or to help Hillary elected, buying politicians and being a single payer healthcare supporter (not being "conservative")
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    What a contorted twist of a twist - lol
    Why? He never spoke past the buzzer or even spoke until the buzzer when he was asked a question. His response when asked the question about religious liberty was especially short.

lol.. rude? Really? Almost everybody up on stage tried to interrupt and get their piece in on something at some point (i.e. Cruz on Israel)

Rand was told to do this by EVERYBODY who gave him advice on how to handle the debate. He knew he would be ignored and marginalized otherwise.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If trump flames out Rand will be seen as the one that took him down. He keeps using substance to attack him though, that's not going to work on big media types. He needs to appeal to them emotionally in order for people to understand his motives. He keeps saying why are you supporting trump are you guys stupid, he needs to say Trump is dumb he thinks that Mexico can pay for a border wall when we cant even pay for it.

If one is rude to the King of rude is that like a double negative?

LOL if Rand stood there patiently until he was called on to answer his 2 questions, this board would be full of threads bagging Rand for not being more aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Rand, unlike Fox, attacked Trump on the right issues - getting people to look at the possibility he is doing this as a favor to or to help Hillary elected, buying politicians and being a single payer healthcare supporter (not being "conservative")
    And if Fox was really serious about taking him down, they would have asked him:

1) about his Flip-flop on immigration
    2) pressed him on single-payer
    3) about eminent domain
    4) his support for the Obama stimulus
    5) pressed him on Abortion (he talked about Iraq instead and gave a non-answer)
    6) the "God question"

Of course, it still might not have mattered. Trump could outright say "Ok, I was lying. I really am I democrat and I don't care if Hilary wins or not" and his Followers would applaud and lap it up.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it was a perfect opportunity to point out exactly what's wrong with WashDC. I respect Trump only for the reason of being frank about his relationship with special interests and not beating around the bush but I think Rand seized the moment and I appreciated it. I'm sure a lot of others did too.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Yes, it was a great move. Rand is playing the long game. He may even stand a chance at picking up supporters from other camps who have yet to put Trump in his place. I'm sure he also stands a chance at picking up disillusioned Trump supporters. If Rand is the only major candidate going after Trump, and Trump is the media darling, then Rand would be able to catch sail off Trumps' wind and gain more media coverage. It's a good plan.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    I respect Trump only for the reason of being frank...
    Frank? Like, lying and flip-flopping on every issue?

RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

With your use of "WTF", it seems you already have an answer to your "questions".

Seems more like an attempt to agitate others to join in.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It's politics, not High Tea with the Queen.

This was my only critique of Rand in the debate. My initial thougt was that his camp suggested he go on the offensive against trump early. Which he did. But he didnt come out looking good to my eyes. On the other hand he dominated C.C. in their confrontation. He should stick to what he does best and not try to be agreesive or be anything he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    LOL if Rand stood there patiently until he was called on to answer his 2 questions, this board would be full of threads bagging Rand for not being more aggressive.
    Is there a breakdown showing how many questions each person asked or how much time each person spoke?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IMO Rand should not focus on going after Trump, that play should be left to play out itself. Rand has substance, on style he could even emulate Trump a bit and get bit more reckless/fearless in facing/answering attacks. It pays to be bold with some convictions/substabce to back that up with.

Let Trump tear down the establishee types and mow the lawn a bit for now with his abrasive charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    It was just fine by me . . . maybe not to others, but I liked. Not a timid time - Trump has got the ratings on fire !!

Is the implication here that just TP had prejudices based on skin color?
    If so, family pf Mirima Carey, parents of children killed by Obama drones would beg to differ.

Remember Congress applauded after this.

depends. on the donations to Hillary-fair attack. on past positions-fair attack. Trump not promising to run 3rd party-stupid. because Ron also refused to pledge and did not support McCain or Romney.

goal-air time, sound bites ; in general a good move

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    With your use of "WTF", it seems you already have an answer to your "questions".

Seems more like an attempt to agitate others to join in.
    ^^this

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    IMO Rand should not focus on going after Trump, that play should be left to play out itself. Rand has substance, on style he could even emulate Trump a bit and get bit more reckless/fearless in facing/answering attacks. It pays to be bold with some convictions/substabce to back that up with.
    Don't forget Rand went through this exact same attack (bull$#@! misogny accusations) a few months ago. Rand meekly protested but he ultimately rolled over and apologized to Megyn Kelley. He has only fallen in the polls since then. Trump has been fearless and indications are he's still moving up.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Don't forget Rand went through this exact same attack (bull$#@! misogny accusations) a few months ago. Rand meekly protested but he ultimately rolled over and apologized to Megyn Kelley. He has only fallen in the polls since then. Trump has been fearless and indications are he's still moving up.
    Rand never had any issues with Megyn Kelly. It was an NBC interviewer, I forget her name, that caused the whole dust-up with Rand and his alleged attitude toward women interviewers. I don't ever remember Rand having to apologize Megyn Kelly. Also I don't ever remember him apologizing about any of that stuff. He said he talks to ignorant male interviewers the same way he talks to ignorant female interviewers.
    RVO˩UTION

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    Rand never had any issues with Megyn Kelly. It was an NBC interviewer, I forget her name, that caused the whole dust-up with Rand and his alleged attitude toward women interviewers. I don't ever remember Rand having to apologize Megyn Kelly. Also I don't ever remember him apologizing about any of that stuff. He said he talks to ignorant male interviewers the same way he talks to ignorant female interviewers.
    Megyn Kelly tried to publicly shame Rand by insinuating that he has an anger issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast