Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICIAL 2015 NFL SEASON THREAD**

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    LOL the Bills just signed this guy, probably because of their hate for the Jets.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Probably still win the Division but not sure at this point how far they may get in the playoffs (not expecting a Super Bowl victory but hopefull!)
    The Chiefs have been working on their offensive line and their receiving corps.

Care to bet on dem Broncos of yours and that AFC West title? Because I think anyone could get it but the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's always funny watching Zippy post on the NFL threads. Did you see in last season's thread where Zippy thought two AFC teams would play each other in the Super Bowl? lol
    That was the previous poster on the Zippy Account. He didn't know from Rugby. He thought offsides in football meant you knocked it into the goalie's face with your forehead.

They're getting better at consistency, though. At least they told this one to be a Broncos fan.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-12-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Care to bet on dem Broncos of yours and that AFC West title? Because I think anyone could get it but the Raiders.

That was the previous poster on the Zippy Account. He didn't know from Rugby. He thought offsides in football meant you knocked it into the goalie's face with your forehead.

They're getting better at consistency, though. At least they told this one to be a Broncos fan.
    Educated guess that the Zippy account is a GCHQ handle, therefore a Brit.

Your post does remind me that if DEN doesn't win the west then someone else has to. Could be SD after all. Their stadium drama has been in the news cycle a good bit lately.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-12-2015 at 06:02 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Your post does remind me that if DEN doesn't win the west then someone else has to.
    Houston-Hali, baby. They will shut you down.

With those two, you don't need a whole lot of offense, because your competition sure ain't making theirs work. I still think they're the best linebacker team since Singletary-Dent.

And the original Zippy didn't even put a whole lot of labour into disguising that it was one of The Queens Own who was splashing a bit of petrol on the fyre.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-12-2015 at 06:08 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    LOL the Bills just signed this guy, probably because of their hate for the Jets.
    They also signed Richie Incognito, the Dolphin who was released for bullying, for probably the same reason!

Now if we could only consume their product. I'm not paying $99 to watch preseason. I'm not paying $350 + subscribing to DTV to watch my Vikings. Guess I'll be doing the whole firstrow.eu method combined with torrents.

It's always funny watching Zippy post on the NFL threads. Did you see in last season's thread where Zippy thought two AFC teams would play each other in the Super Bowl? lol
    No, but it's not a good idea to misspell the first name of one of the most beloved players every to wear the power T.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Steve McNair is still considered a hero in Nashville; he did not have much of a life after football, what messed up life he did have finally caught up to him.
    He enjoyed a very protective Nashville media. It was not a secret that McNair was a philanderer. Felt sorry for his wife and boys, though. I think they've all moved away now.

Nashville protects its icons. The scandals come out other places, but not here.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    He enjoyed a very protective Nashville media. It was not a secret that McNair was a philanderer. Felt sorry for his wife and boys, though. I think they've all moved away now.

Nashville protects its icons. The scandals come out other places, but not here.
    Both his cousin and his nephew played for UT Martin a few years ago. Cousin on defense, his nephew was a running back. I don't think either of them got drafted into the NFL, one of them also played baseball.

Game time tonight 6pm central time. Fingers crossed.
    #NashvilleStrong

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mariota got owned a few times, he's seeing just how much faster those big guys can be in the NFL. Also, something was wrong with his helmet speaker. Otherwise, he's making some throws that rookies usually don't make. Not sure if he'll play anymore tonight after that score.

Houston-Hali, baby. They will shut you down.
    Not in the AFC West either.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Mariota got owned a few times, he's seeing just how much faster those big guys can be in the NFL. Also, something was wrong with his helmet speaker. Otherwise, he's making some throws that rookies usually don't make. Not sure if he'll play anymore tonight after that score.
    The INT was the fullback's fault, completely missed his block. Would have been a perfect screen pass if he'd done his job.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The INT was the fullback's fault, completely missed his block. Would have been a perfect screen pass if he'd done his job.
    The other 2 busted plays were due to starting linemen who had no business getting shoved around like that. The fumble play, Mariota might have saved if he stepped up 1 step back into the pocket, but not sure he coulda done much better than to tuck it in and take the sack. Better for that stuff to happen now in the preseason than next month when it counts.

The amount of press that was on that game was insane, not the kinda stuff we're used to in TN. And they only focus on the 2 turnovers, not how he got the ball the 3rd time and drove it all the way down the field to score. We're not used to having receivers who can catch, either. Aside from the 2 INTs, all the QBs and receivers were on fire. Some runners and linemen on the 2nd string might take the starting jobs before regular season starts.

Not in the AFC West either.
    Beg pardon?

Justin Houston and Tamba Hali aren't playing for the Chiefs after all, the Chiefs got moved out of the AFC West without telling anyone, or the Chiefs will be able to perform defensive magic on any team except a division rival? Or did that mean something else?

Beg pardon?

Justin Houston and Tamba Hali aren't playing for the Chiefs after all, the Chiefs got moved out of the AFC West without telling anyone, or the Chiefs will be able to perform defensive magic on any team except a division rival? Or did that mean something else?
    Oh ha, I thought you meant the Texans and 'Houston-Hali' was a Texan fan slogan or something.

If the Raiders and the Chargers share a stadium, one of them will have to leave the AFC West and maybe even go to the NFC. If I had to guess, it would be the Chargers switching with SF.

Oh no kelvin Benjamin

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Oh no kelvin Benjamin
    Sucks for him but Panthers weren't going to be a playoff team this year any way. Panthers got their two playoff years after the owner got his $120 million out of Charlotte taxpayers. Atlanta's turn now...gotta pay for that shiny new stadium!

I think Chase Daniels wants to steal Alex Smith's title of 'Chiefs starting quarterback'.

And I think he just might, too.

This will be a much better fit for him than the Jets or even TN. The problems he had in TN had to do with moving to a spread offense without a fullback blocking for him. No matter what they say about his work ethic or whatever, he's dependable and played many games when he's not 100% healthy.

I'll be taking the Raiders...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I'll be taking the Raiders...
    well somebody has to....goodluck.

90/1 odds for the Raiders to win the superbowl...

http://www.betvega.com/super-bowl-odds/
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 08-20-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    well somebody has to....goodluck.

90/1 odds for the Raiders to win the superbowl...

http://www.betvega.com/super-bowl-odds/
    New coach will determine that. Hard for a new system to be that successful in the first year though. At least it seems like the players are coming together.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Raiders actually did all right in the draft this year.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The amount of press that was on that game was insane, not the kinda stuff we're used to in TN. And they only focus on the 2 turnovers, not how he got the ball the 3rd time and drove it all the way down the field to score. We're not used to having receivers who can catch, either. Aside from the 2 INTs, all the QBs and receivers were on fire. Some runners and linemen on the 2nd string might take the starting jobs before regular season starts.
    There is definitely improvement over the last two years. Titans, in general, need to work on speed and hanging on to the ball. There is a lot to work on, but I feel encouraged.
    #NashvilleStrong

Check out the scores from the games this week, quite a few of them don't look like football scores (11's and 12's are rare). Several games I know they missed extra points, and more teams going for 2, since they are now kicking from the 15.

Check out the scores from the games this week, quite a few of them don't look like football scores (11's and 12's are rare). Several games I know they missed extra points, and more teams going for 2, since they are now kicking from the 15.
    Statistically, kicking XPs from the 15 makes no difference. They'd have to move it back another 10 yards for it to affect the calculation on whether to go for 1 or 2.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast