Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICIAL 2015 NFL SEASON THREAD**

I loathe the color rush uniforms...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    11-0

Ahem...
    No - No - No - No

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    11-0

Ahem...
    By mid game I was thinking that Dallas should have pulled Romo out. After the two consecutive pick-sixes I felt that he wasn't quite playing at 100% and needed to take the bench. Now there is the possibility he will be out the rest of the season.

Well , today my Hoosiers won the rivalry game. Finish 6 and 6 .That is big for them.

Colts & Bengals ,Vikings win today .I see the Redskins beat the Giants.Georgia fired the Football Coach after 15 yrs.

Where will Peyton play next year ?

Oh God. I haven't even wanted to look in here after Thursday....but hey, the Cheaters just got knocked out of the undefeated ranks....so there was a very small bright spot in a very depressing football weekend. (I don't even want to look up there at R3v's post ...that Tony Romo picture....make it stop.)

Yes.

Unbeatens down to one. I thought the game was over in the 3rd quarter. Denver had only scored once and Pats extended the lead to 21-7. Doubted Denver could score three times more than the Pats during the rest of the game. Denver responds to score by going three and out and punts. But punt muffed- Denver recovers, leads to TD and Denver back in the game. Tough weather- 24 degrees and snow.

If that game was a month ago, outcome would probably have been different. Pats know how to handle Manning but didn't know much about Osweiler since he only started one game and the play schemes he would use. Pats were also a lot healthier back then- they have lost a lot of key players and even they have a hard time adjusting to that. The short week following Monday Night tough game against the Giants probably didn't help. Denver was helped by being home (only fifth home game so far) and the altitude. Gronk got injured to add to the list.

Lots of injuries this year. It is a brutal, long season- more a survival to get to the Super Bowl and avoiding the injury bug. That means depth.

Manning? Still says he wants to play another year but I wonder. What does Denver do when he is healthy enough to return this season? Osweiler has shown he is their future and even healthy Peyton has struggled this season. Denver still has to play at the Steelers (Big Ben banged up yet again- on concussion protocol after today's loss) and hosts the Bengals- that game will probably be for who gets the #2 play-off seed (assuming Pats don't lose any more).

Didn't talk to anybody and will await update Monday but Gronkowski was said to be walking fine with just a little limp after the game so his injury may not be too bad even though he was carted off the field.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-30-2015 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The 11th Commandment: Thou shalt ensure every prime time NFL game is not decided until the last minute of the game.
    The refs clearly controlled the end of the Pats/Broncos game. Do people really not notice how rigged it is?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde
    Where will Peyton play next year ?
    He's done imo. Retirement calling.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The refs clearly controlled the end of the Pats/Broncos game. Do people really not notice how rigged it is?

Did the refs complete all those passes?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Did the refs complete all those passes?
    Obviously no, but don't you at least agree that referees have powers that can be pivotal when it relates to game changing calls?

I think that penalties should be reviewable via coaches challenge. Too many times do refs call penalties that on replay are clearly wrong.

I'd say though, a good team will find ways to win despite bad calls or non calls, but sometimes the referees are just plain wrong.

Obviously no, but don't you at least agree that referees have powers that can be pivotal when it relates to game changing calls?

I think that penalties should be reviewable via coaches challenge. Too many times do refs call penalties that on replay are clearly wrong.

I'd say though, a good team will find ways to win despite bad calls or non calls, but sometimes the referees are just plain wrong.
    They're inordinately wrong at the end of prime time games, no? Over and over, week after week. And every game is a cliffhanger, come hell or high water. It's scripted and if the script fails, the refs do their best to get it back on script.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Cheaters karma.

Was last night the first night you noticed this rigging?

Yeah, but .... what if that good team's way to win is a come-back drive in the final minutes...only to be thwarted by a bad call with no time on the clock to reverse things? It's happened. Or maybe what happens is the reversal of the call on the field, due to a ridiculous interpretation of a rule that most football fans can't explain.... but I'm not bitter. (Yes I am.)

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Yeah, but .... what if that good team's way to win is a come-back drive in the final minutes...only to be thwarted by a bad call with no time on the clock to reverse things? It's happened. Or maybe what happens is the reversal of the call on the field, due to a ridiculous interpretation of a rule that most football fans can't explain.... but I'm not bitter. (Yes I am.)
    It happened at the Titans game yesterday, sorta. There was a 4th down play by the Raiders who needed to get a first down or TD to take back the lead in the last 2 minutes. They got stopped, so the Titans could take over and run out the clock, but they threw a flag for defensive holding on the opposite side of the field. The guy who got flagged didn't even realize it until he got back to the sideline and they told him to go back out there, where the Raiders scored a TD a couple plays later. Of course it was only his 2nd or 3rd NFL game, but the call was for something that was happening on the field the whole game by both teams, and they really weren't throwing flags for.

The NFL said today that problems with the officials are due to turnover from a few years ago, and 25% or so of the officials are in their first 5 years. But really, the problem is consistency; I think there is extra scrutiny on plays where the game is on the line, but the result is they either screw something up, or they call things they weren't calling earlier in the game.

yes the game is rigged it appears. Also it looks like Goodell wants the to get even with Brady for the deflate gate fiasco. The inadvertent whistle and then the call last night.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    yes the game is rigged it appears. Also it looks like Goodell wants the to get even with Brady for the deflate gate fiasco. The inadvertent whistle and then the call last night.
    Is that why the league has "let" New England win ten straight games? To make them look bad? To "punish" them?

Refs are human and they can't see everything from all angles. There is a lot going on and happening very fast. They can't run instant replay before making any calls- they are made at full speed in real time as events are happening. Sometimes even Instant Replay can't say for sure if the call was right or not.

I'd say though, a good team will find ways to win despite bad calls or non calls
    That I agree with. Despite the calls, New England was able to tie the game as time ran out. They made their own mistakes too like throwing passes with two minutes left which stopped the clock instead of running the ball and using more time- that gave Denver time to get their go- ahead touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Is that why the league has "let" New England win ten straight games? To make them look bad? To "punish" them?
    can't be perfect but do it enough and you will eventually succeed
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I'm of the opinion there's too much money in the NFL (sports in general, really) to leave anything to chance. Yes, I think they're all fixed...but I still watch and hope my team will win.

Was last night the first night you noticed this rigging?
    Nope, I've seen it becoming more and more obvious the last few seasons, particularly during high viewership prime time games. I've also commented on it repeatedly in this thread throughout the season. I'm just wondering if people actually watch the games and still don't see how clearly the games are being controlled?

Hell, I think it's more than just the refs doing it, too. Osweiler ran out of bounds on a qb sneak inside the red zone with 1:20 on the clock and 4 chances at the end zone. Ummm...earth to Brock. When you're about to score you want to leave LESS time on the clock for the opponent to drive back down the field. Anyone that's played Madden knows this elementary rule of clock management. Instead of going down he ran out of bounds for no reason and stopped the clock.

eta: Just checked tonight's final. Didn't get to watch it but SHOCKER! It came down to the final play! Who could have guessed????
    Last edited by devil21; 12-01-2015 at 12:34 AM.

Yeah- the refs made them block the kick and run it back. Or the league ordered the teams to let it happen.

I don't need to say it, do I?

I don't need to say it, do I?
    Nope. Only about 3 QBs in the league would have gotten that call. Aaron Rodgers is one of the 3.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That really should have been a 5-yard face mask penalty (at worst), it looked accidental and he didn't grab it.

Nope. Only about 3 QBs in the league would have gotten that call. Aaron Rodgers is one of the 3.
    Not just that, even the hail mary itself looked rigged. Can't wait to see the still image of all of the Lions standing behind all of the GB receivers in the end zone as the ball arrived. Who drops clueless LBs into prevent defense in the end zone instead of all CBs and Safeties? You know, guys that can jump and have a clue how to defend deep passes. Again, this is all basic Madden stuff.

He had his thumb in the facemask and slightly twisted it, which is all that is necessary for some sort of penalty. Watching it in real time (how the officials saw it) makes it look like a very obvious facemask. I do wonder though, why the Lions only had 5 out of 8 total DBs in the end zone near the pass. There was one in between the line of scrimmage and the endzone, I guess preventing Rodgers if he wanted to run it, (??) one on the other side of the end zone, and the last not even near any part of the play. Weird play to say the least from the Lions...
    Last edited by Influenza; 12-04-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Not just that, even the hail mary itself looked rigged. Can't wait to see the still image of all of the Lions standing behind all of the GB receivers in the end zone as the ball arrived. Who drops clueless LBs into prevent defense in the end zone instead of all CBs and Safeties? You know, guys that can jump and have a clue how to defend deep passes. Again, this is all basic Madden stuff.
    Games can only be rigged by the refs. Or if you really think the Lions intentionally threw the game, why did one of the DEs nearly sack Rodgers before he had a chance to throw it?

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast