Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: **OFFICIAL 2015 NFL SEASON THREAD**

Peyton: Take your time on the retirement decision (but try to let us know by March 9th!) His contract runs one more year. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ement-decision

"We're going to enjoy this, let Peyton enjoy this,'' Elway said. "I'm sure he'll sit down with his family. Eventually we'll talk to him too and go through that. There's no timeline for that right now.''

There is a deadline of sorts waiting next month.

Manning has one year remaining on the original contract he signed in 2012. The $19 million base salary becomes guaranteed on March 9, and the deal counts $21.5 million against the salary cap. That means the Broncos would certainly like to know before that date, since their available cap space is greatly impacted by what happens.

This past season, the Broncos and Manning worked out a $4 million pay cut for the quarterback, but they left the 2016 part of the contract alone. Manning made the $4 million back with $2 million bonuses each for wins in the AFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl.

"Important thing is, it's going to be his decision,'' Elway said. "Where we get a chance to sit down and talk to him, that's up to Peyton, where he is in that process, what he thinks he can ... what he wants to do from here on out.''

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    This dude nailed it back in early December. Well done sir.

What does he keep looking to the side for?? Is he wanted by the goons or something? Kind of distracting to see him keep doing that. Maybe the bilderbergers are on to him...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    What does he keep looking to the side for?? Is he wanted by the goons or something? Kind of distracting to see him keep doing that. Maybe the bilderbergers are on to him...
    Handlers?

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Blarg,blargh, blargh
    Where you gonna place in the draft this year? Ya gonna make the championships? MVP?

Some that can..do. Others post stupid as $#@! memes about those that can...and do.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Handlers?

Love it .

Do you have anything to say about the content of the video or are you satisfied solely with trying to belittle the messenger?

If the body language strikes you as odd then you clearly only spend time around other white people. Step outside your bubble. You might learn something.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-10-2016 at 02:47 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Where you gonna place in the draft this year? Ya gonna make the championships? MVP?

Some that can..do. Others post stupid as $#@! memes about those that can...and do.
    I like Cam. I like the Panthers. I have no animosity for him.
    He had an opportunity to step up and be an adult, but he punked out. He's the one who has to live with the stigma. I didn't create it. The media didn't create it. He created it.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I don't have any amniosity towards Cam Newton. I was only pointing out why his team didn't win. I don't hate Cam Newton nor do I wish him any ills. He is a better football player then most people who put on a football helmet but that still doesn't mean he was capable of winning on Sunday which he didn't as stated earlier in a post.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    I don't have any amniosity towards Cam Newton. I was only pointing out why his team didn't win. I don't hate Cam Newton nor do I wish him any ills. He is a better football player then most people who put on a football helmet but that still doesn't mean he was capable of winning on Sunday which he didn't as stated earlier in a post.
    10 points . . .

but the last "arm in forward motion" fumble with 7 mins left and the Broncos without an offensive touchdown still ahead . . .
    close to becoming a 17-16 game

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    Colts win the Super Bowl.
    Eagles, ravens, falcons and dolphins will all make the playoffs.

That's what my crystal ball says
    i couldn't have been more wrong. I hope all the gamblers here faded me.

Do you have anything to say about the content of the video or are you satisfied solely with trying to belittle the messenger?

If the body language strikes you as odd then you clearly only spend time around other white people. Step outside your bubble. You might learn something.
    Wow... Did I step on your toes?? Sorry about that...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Wow... Did I step on your toes?? Sorry about that...
    Not on mine. Pay attention to what he's telling you instead of worrying about superficial bs.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not on mine. Pay attention to what he's telling you instead of worrying about superficial bs.
    I just watched the first minute and a half of this....it doesn't even belong in this thread. This is a thread for football fans, not conspiracy theories. I don't have a problem with conspiracy theories, but this is not the thread in which to post them. This thread is for fun, getting away from all the political nonsense. Please take that somewhere else.

thank you.
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 02-11-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I just watched the first minute and a half of this....it doesn't even belong in this thread. This is a thread for football fans, not conspiracy theories. I don't have a problem with conspiracy theories, but this is not the thread in which to post them. This thread is for fun, getting away from all the political nonsense. Please take that somewhere else.

thank you.
    Oh my bad. Pardon me for interrupting your fantasy world. Go team!

Oh my bad. Pardon me for interrupting your fantasy world. Go team!
    Topic title might have been a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Topic title might have been a clue.
    Huh? Is the Super Bowl not part of the 2015 NFL season?

Huh? Is the Super Bowl not part of the 2015 NFL season?
    Not the way that guy's pushing it. The Bilderbergers probably manipulate a lot of things, but I doubt they could care less about the outcome of the Super Bowl. That discussion just doesn't belong here... I don't want this thread turning political.

Manning to Retire

Denver needed a decision before Wednesday when his $19 million contract would be guaranteed and count against their salary cap even though they said he could take as long as he wants to decide. There was also speculation he wanted to play one more year- possibly with another team (Rams being mentioned). Denver needs the money for all the contracts the need to negotiate this year. Going out with a Championship is not that bad of a thing. What next? Maybe the broadcast booth. All he knows to do is preparing for Sunday games. His life will be drastically different but he also wants to be able to spend more time with his wife and kids- who were with him on the field after the Super Bowl win.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...book/80244254/

Peyton Manning to retire after 18 NFL seasons, five MVPs, two titles and numerous records

After earning a record five MVP awards and, finally, his second Super Bowl trophy, Peyton Manning will retire from the NFL.

He will make the official announcement on Monday, according to the Broncos.

"When you look at everything Peyton has accomplished as a player and person, it's easy to see how fortunate we've been to have him on our team," Broncos general manager John Elway said in a statement. "Peyton was everything that we thought he was and even more -- not only for the football team but in the community. I'm very thankful Peyton chose to play for the Denver Broncos, and I congratulate him on his Hall of Fame career."

This was the ending most were expecting after Manning’s 18th season, a year unlike any other in his career. For much of the 2015 season, Manning, 39, was at his worst, looking old and too weak with a depleted right arm and balky left foot.

But when it was over, he was good enough to help lead the Denver Broncos to their third Super Bowl title as a complementary piece to the NFL’s No. 1 defense, the season culminating with a 24-10 win over the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50.
    More at link.

Only QB to go to four Super Bowl games under four different coaches and only one to win two of them with different teams.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-06-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Peyton: Take your time on the retirement decision (but try to let us know by March 9th!) His contract runs one more year. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ement-decision
    fwiw, headlines of Denver Post . . .

It's Time

God Bless all of you
    God Bless football

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    If Osweiler is in line to start for the defending SB champs, he's not going anywhere and they won't have to franchise him.
    In an insane turn of events:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...houston-texans

4 years $72M, about half that is guaranteed money. This is the kind of money they would pay a QB who played in and won the SB. Osweiler has 7 NFL starts.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Way too pricey for Denver. Sounds like a bad breakup too.

Osweiller is young, but the Texans are banking on production similar to their old QB

Denver will be needing another QB- two actually- a starter and a backup. Can't have just one since one is likely to get hurt during the course of a season. Half the $72 million guaranteed? That is $36 million or $9 million a year. Manning would have been guaranteed $19 million had he not retired.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-10-2016 at 05:33 PM.

The Texans also let one of their best G/C Ben Jones go to the Titans.

More about the deal for DeMarco Murray- 4 years $12.25M, base $25.5M. Slightly less than what he was getting from the Eagles, but he wasn't having a good time there. In the trade, the Eagles swapped 4th round spots with the Titans, and that is it.

The Titans also signed Matt Cassel for a 1-year deal. If they only keep 2 QBs like they did last year, he will compete with Mettenberger for the backup spot.

Now the Broncos have lost their #1 running back- CJ Anderson signed offer with Miami (Denver has five days to match the offer but at $5 million probably won't). Other running back Ronnie Hillman said to have been given permission to test free agent market too. That leaves no QB and no running backs for the Super Bowl champs besides all the defense players up for new contracts.

Meanwhile Denver did get a quarterback today (likely a backup- they still need another one) with Mark Sanchez of the Eagles. http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...h-more-to-come
    Denver gives up a conditional draft pick (likely a seventh round) in the trade. They also gained three extra picks today for free agents they have lost. Nobody knows of course but still on rumor is Denver interested in Colin Kaperneck (though his contract would be expensive) or Ryan Fitzpatrick who hasn't reached any agreement with the Jets. RG3 also listed as possible candidate.

Next year's Broncos will be very different from their Super Bowl team. Can Elway repeat his magic and get/ keep the players they need? Elway has tended to set a price he is willing to pay and sticks with it to get the best talent (most driven) he can get for it.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-11-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Technically 2016 season, but a massive trade deal today between the Titans and the Rams for the #1 pick:

This is so the Rams can move up higher than the Browns and 49ers to get 1 of the 2 QBs, most likely Jared Goff.

If they stayed at #1, the Titans would have likely picked LT Laremy Tunsil who is the overall best or 2nd best player in the draft. Now they move down to #15 overall, get 3 picks in the 2nd round, 2 picks in the 3rd, 0 in the 4th, 1 each in the 5,6,7 rounds. But they are also taking 2 picks in 2017, so it is technically possible (though very unlikely) they could win the SB and still get the first pick in 2017.

I think they will trade one of those 2nd round and the #15 to move back up to the top ten to try to get Tunsil, Stanley, or the best defensive player available. This screws up the 49ers chances of getting a QB in the draft. Also the Rams and Browns are going to be taking a big risk if they take QBs that high.

current 1st round order:

Trade might give Denver the option of drafting a QB with their first pick. They are also looking for offensive and defensive linemen and perhaps a running back. Lots of needs. Denver has five picks in the first three rounds (three third round picks).

Schedules announced today as well. Denver/ Panthers (at Denver) to start the season. Denver has five of last eight on the road (this year they had a long string of home games to finish off the season) and as Super Bowl Champion has one of the toughest schedules. They have a lot of work to try to re-make the team which lost a lot of players off their Championship team. Interesting to note that the Broncos only have one Monday Night game- usually they give more to the champs.

Ram's first game in the LA Coliseum week #2 vs Seattle.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-15-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Who are you talking to?

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Derrick Henry just upped his draft stock tonight, he could wait until next year though.

Just drafted by the Titans, 45th overall. They also got Dodd (DE) from Clemson with the 33rd pick.

Just drafted by the Titans, 45th overall. They also got Dodd (DE) from Clemson with the 33rd pick.
    So week 1 Adrian Peterson visits Henry @ Tenn.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast