Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICIAL 2015 NFL SEASON THREAD**

Looks like Peyton Manning is going to Disney World.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cardinals are trying hard to give this game away.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Cardinals are trying hard to give this game away.
    The NFL likes East Coast vs. West Coast Superbowls....just sayin'.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I think this is Cam Newton's year.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Carson Palmer suffering from flashbacks...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carson+Palmer+Chicago+Bears+v+Oakland+Raiders+8QTEuygWGtBl.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	4759
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Panthers- what a dominating game! They are complete on both sides. They haven't played a defense like Denver has but Denver hasn't played a QB like Newton who can do it himself if you cover everyone else. Denver's D can keep them in the game against Carolina but I am not sure Denver can score enough points to keep up with them.

That missed extra point by New England came up huge at the end- otherwise they could have only needed a fairly easy kick to go to OT rather than having to go for two points. Denver was playing to protect their lead for most of the second half- and almost let the Pats back in. Can't do that in two weeks.

Speaking of extra points- why were the Panthers going for two when they were so far in front late in the game- up 40- 15 with five minutes left?

Denver making their league record tying eight Super Bowl- the old guard with Peyton Manning in possibly his last game and the Panthers making just their second and the QB of the future. Can Manning go out a winner like his boss John Elway did? Or will it be another "not quite" post season for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Panthers- what a dominating game! They are complete on both sides. They haven't played a defense like Denver has but Denver hasn't played a QB like Newton who can do it himself if you cover everyone else. Denver's D can keep them in the game against Carolina but I am not sure Denver can score enough points to keep up with them.

That missed extra point by New England came up huge at the end- otherwise they could have only needed a fairly easy kick to go to OT rather than having to go for two points. Denver was playing to protect their lead for most of the second half- and almost let the Pats back in. Can't do that in two weeks.

Speaking of extra points- why were the Panthers going for two when they were so far in front late in the game- up 40- 15 with five minutes left?

Denver making their league record tying eight Super Bowl- the old guard with Peyton Manning in possibly his last game and the Panthers making just their second and the QB of the future. Can Manning go out a winner like his boss John Elway did? Or will it be another "not quite" post season for him?
    If Carolina plays like they did tonight I believe they will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Because people gave him so much $#@! for letting off the gas after we won the game going into half time. Plus supposedly Bruce Arians made some comment after half along the lines of "if we get going we will win this game." I think Ron Rivera was shoving a corn dog into everyone's pie hole for talking $#@!.

I think they worked out Carson Palmer's signals early on, because they were getting the jump on his receivers' routes all night.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I think they worked out Carson Palmer's signals early on, because they were getting the jump on his receivers' routes all night.
    Maybe that would be plausible if this was a one game wonder. You don't lead the league in takeaways and turnover diff by figuring out one quarterback's hand signals.

it was panthers ball hawking players who played intense as usual, plus the highly disruptive d-line who were able to make that statue of a qb feel the pressure. also credit to the offense for putting the game so far out of the reach of the cardinals they had to resort to a bunch of wild desperation throws in attempt to try and catch up. this has been the story all season.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Maybe that would be plausible if this was a one game wonder. You don't lead the league in takeaways and turnover diff by figuring out one quarterback's hand signals.

it was panthers ball hawking players who played intense as usual, plus the highly disruptive d-line who were able to make that statue of a qb feel the pressure. also credit to the offense for putting the game so far out of the reach of the cardinals they had to resort to a bunch of wild desperation throws in attempt to try and catch up. this has been the story all season.
    Yeah, there were a lot of other things contributing to the win that they have been doing all year, I just posted one of the things I noticed.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yeah, there were a lot of other things contributing to the win that they have been doing all year, I just posted one of the things I noticed.
    I think defensively Luke is absolutely the reason why the plays get diagnosed so fast. He studies like a madman and is prepared game day. You can see his leadship paying dividends when he can diagnose the plays and audibles and makes the defense adjust. That has been going all season, he is an amazing football player. I think defensively the panthers would have been ranked higher for the season had it not been for the offense firing on all cylinders. A lot of games where over and out of reach by the 3rd quarter this year and after that the defense went into soft prevent mode. Essentially trading yards for time off the clock. It's frustrating to watch until you realize after the game that you still won and it wasn't really even close.

I was happy to watch the panthers actually play the whole 4 quarters for a change. Even after the game was out of reach for the cards..

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't throw rocks, they did better than I would have.

CBS Butchers Coverage of the AFC Championship Game in Only 14 Seconds

On Sunday, the Denver Broncos held off Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in a 20-18 thriller at Sports Authority Field in Colorado. Hall of Famer Peyton Manning gets what may be one last crack to win a second Super Bowl championship, and there’s no doubt that the win has lots of people excited, including this on-camera duo for CBS.

In a 14-second clip uploaded to Twitter by the Director of Georgetown Athletics Chris Grosse, two anchors covering the Broncos-Pats matchup pretty disastrously fouled up a number of details. It sarted with the first sentence out of the female anchor’s mouth:

“The Patriots beat Denver in the regular season.” False. In week 12 of the regular season this year, the Patriots in fact lost their first game of the season in a 30-24 upset to the Broncos.

“…but of course the Broncos without Peyton Manning in that matchup.” This one checks out — Manning was in fact injured for much of the regular season.

“Yeah, Todd Orlosky was the quarterback for the Broncos when they beat the New England Patriots…” says her male coanchor, which is very much wrong because not only did Todd Orlosky not play for the Broncos in that game, Todd Orlosky doesn’t play in the NFL. In fact, the name seems to be utterly made up.

Instead, Brock Osweiler was the backup quarterback who led the Broncos to victory that November day.

Being a TV anchor is hard. It’s live and unscripted and you’re off the cuff and dancing without a safety net. I get it. But the number of flubs in this tight span perfectly captured by the above video is enough to make some people decry, “That guy didn’t even try.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/cbs-b...ly-14-seconds/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Dan Orlovsky was the guy who backed up and eventually replaced Manning in Indy, before they got Andrew Luck.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

I'm not going to watch the game with the rest of the Animals but I was just informed that I'm rooting for Carolina because the quarterback is from GA.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

You Hate America

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm not going to watch the game with the rest of the Animals but I was just informed that I'm rooting for Carolina because the quarterback is from GA.
    You're not watching the game?! That's un-American!
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    You're not watching the game?! That's un-American!
    I'm eating chicken wings and rooting. Doesn't that count for something?

You're With Us, or Against Us

I'm eating chicken wings and rooting. Doesn't that count for something?
    Either you're watching it, with America, or you're not watching it, with the terrorists. Chicken wings be damned.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 12:46 PM.

SHE'S A WITCH!
    BURN HER!

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Either you're watching it, with America, or you're not watching it, with the terrorists. Chicken wings be damned.
    If I don't watch it with terrorists do I get 73 virgins?

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Wait, I thought the wine and wafers (err... chicken wings and Franzia) weren't supposed to happen until half time.
    I don't give a crap about halftime. I'm hangry.

I just saw a puppy monkey baby , is that an endangered species or can I hunt them ?

Go Out With a Bang

If I don't watch it with terrorists do I get 73 virgins?
    No. You would have to show up to the Super Bowl with a bomb strapped to yourself for that.

"Keep Pounding"

That Broncos defense is explosive. Come on, Panthers! Let's go!

No. You would have to show up to the Super Bowl with a bomb strapped to yourself for that.
    Well, that sucks. Good thing the terrorist section has wine and internet.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast