Thread: Ann Coulter: "Ted Cruz..not a Natural Born Citizen"

Ann Coulter: "Ted Cruz..not a Natural Born Citizen"

RVO˩UTION

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isn't this fool all in for Jeb?

Natural Citizen = Someone who is a Citizen of the US at birth
    Ted Cruz born to US Citizen = Derivative US Citizenship
    Ted Cruz = Natural Born US Citizen

Same as McCain and others born out of the US to USC parents.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

Actually, Ted Cruz's "alleged" US citizenship is derived from statutes from Acts of Naturalization. So he didn't acquire such citizenship naturally, but from acts of Congress.
    Secondly, Ted Cruz has yet to establish that his US citizen mother met certain statutory requirements that would allow Ted to retain US citizenship from her. Ted has not provided a "Certificate of Birth Abroad", or even a "Certificate of Citizenship" or "US Passport". So Ted has no legal way to prove his mother met certain requirements to pass on US citizenship to him. A Canadian birth certificate is not a legal US document, and proves nothing except that he was born in Canada and acquired Canadian citizenship at birth.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Nope, she's a Trump tool. She'll probably settle for Walker if Trump drops out. In the past 4 or 5 years Coulter has morphed from a snarky Neo-con to a semi-conservative one-issue person who only cares about immigration. I'm not an open-borders person, but there is a lot more wrong with this country than the onslaught of Aztec gangs.

neg repped for "anti-American bull$#@! lies!!!!" lmfao..... someone's got a mancrush on Cruz....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I think it probably wasn't a big deal until we started posting military families all around the world. My parents were both natural-born citizens. I was not born in the US, thanks to the USMC. I have never declared dual citizenship, nor would I ever claim any other citizenship than US. I've lived in the contiguous US since I was three months old. I am as much, or more a US citizen than people whose moms made it across the border (illegally) with enough time to check into a San Diego or Brownsville hospital and have them.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Cruz was born an American no doubt, but there is a valid argument that the phrase "Natural Born Citizen" means born on US soil, not just "born America". If you accept that argument, then neither Cruz nor McCain should have been eligible.

It is an interesting argument, but the counterargument is sound as well and practically speaking, there is no way the Supreme Court is going to rule somebody like McCain or Cruz ineligible just because they weren't born within the United States. As long as you were a citizen at birth and required no naturalization process, you will be found eligible.

Ann is correct and you're not. Natural Born Citizen means that his parents (father) is a citizen & the baby is born in the county as a full citizen (or military base). That's a big "AND" in my last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I think it probably wasn't a big deal until we started posting military families all around the world. My parents were both natural-born citizens. I was not born in the US, thanks to the USMC. I have never declared dual citizenship, nor would I ever claim any other citizenship than US. I've lived in the contiguous US since I was three months old. I am as much, or more a US citizen than people whose moms made it across the border (illegally) with enough time to check into a San Diego or Brownsville hospital and have them.
    A military base counts as US soil

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Cruz was born an American no doubt, but there is a valid argument that the phrase "Natural Born Citizen" means born on US soil, not just "born America".
    This is true, but additionally, the parents (father) must be US citizens too for someone to be natural born.

Agree, that is where we are going. This circus is entirely for Bush. Bush/Hillary, possibly Bush/Biden 2016. This is predetermined by Bilderberg Group. So start looking at selling your house and moving to Chile.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    This is true, but additionally, the parents (father) must be US citizens too for someone to be natural born.
    Well, that would be an even more difficult argument to make.

The bottom line is that there are two kinds of citizens in modern America, those that are born citizens and those that become citizens through a naturalization process. Any court (and most of the American public) is going to look at the issue through that prism and conclude that those who are citizens at birth are in fact natural born citizens. We've already gone through this with McCain (who technically wasn't even born a US Citizen- it was granted retroactively by statute!), Goldwater, and George Romney.
    Last edited by RonPaulMall; 08-07-2015 at 06:43 PM.

A military base counts as US soil
    It does, now. People questioned it when McCain was the candidate. It wasn't the law when he was born, but there you go. Apparently he was grandfathered in, having been born in Panama.
    #NashvilleStrong

It does, now. People questioned it when McCain was the candidate. It wasn't the law when he was born, but there you go. Apparently he was grandfathered in, having been born in Panama.
    McCain became a US Citizen just prior to his 1st birthday.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's precisely what I'm saying. Children of American citizens should be Americans.

Cruz is more American than Obama.
    #NashvilleStrong

What happened to Christie? Last time I heard she was in lust and lost in one of his cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Nope, she's a Trump tool. She'll probably settle for Walker if Trump drops out. In the past 4 or 5 years Coulter has morphed from a snarky Neo-con to a semi-conservative one-issue person who only cares about immigration. I'm not an open-borders person, but there is a lot more wrong with this country than the onslaught of Aztec gangs.
    This is news to me. Ann must be settling down now that her tits are dragging the floor and Bill Maher went black and won't come back. She refuses to give up the twenty year old pic of herself too.
    Last edited by Terry1; 08-07-2015 at 08:14 PM.

What law are you talking about?

Cruz is more American than Obama.
    That may be true, but does that make Cruz qualified just because Obama wasn't?

From my understanding and through my research; I don't believe this is true. After the 1934 Immigration and Nationality Act, US citizenship was retained for the children born abroad to any US citizen parent; whether it's through the mother or father. There were more changes made through the 1952 Act, that would prove Ted even less eligible, but the sex of the US citizen parent was not one of these; and I won't go into too much further detail about my research on that matter.

It's widely accepted that a Natural Born Citizen is one who does not have to go through Naturalization to obtain US citizenship. However; the very laws that grant Ted Cruz, or anyone born abroad to US parent(s), citizenship, are laws written within the "Naturalization Acts" or aka "Immigration and Nationality Act". That means Ted Cruz or any other children born abroad to US parents would not be US citizens if it weren't for these acts of Congress. So they are US "citizens" at birth, whether it's from one parent or two, but not "Natural Born Citizens" since their citizenship is derived from Acts of Naturalization.

Also, one does not simply retain US citizenship from their parent(s) through being born abroad. The childs' parents must meet certain eligibility requirements and have such citizenship be approved the US State Dept. This would be evidenced by various forms of certificate of birth abroad, a US passport, or Certificate of Citizenship. Neither of these has Ted Cruz produced or made public; so far he's only made public his Canadian birth certificate, which doesn't prove anything regarding US citizenship and not a legal US document.
    RVO˩UTION

There is only law throughout US history that would ever have granted US "Natural Born Citizenship" to children born abroad. The 1790 Naturalization Act by the 1st US Congress. However, Teds' father would not have met eligibility requirements to allow Ted to retain such citizenship.

Also, this one law throughout US history was repealed just 5 years later by the 3rd US Congress in the 1795 Naturalization Act. The Act no longer granted children born abroad US "Natural Born Citizenship", but instead only granted those children US "citizenship".

RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post

Also, one does not simply retain US citizenship from their parent(s) through being born abroad. The childs' parents must meet certain eligibility requirements and have such citizenship be approved the US State Dept. This would be evidenced by various forms of certificate of birth abroad, a US passport, or Certificate of Citizenship. Neither of these has Ted Cruz produced or made public; so far he's only made public his Canadian birth certificate, which doesn't prove anything regarding US citizenship and not a legal US document.
    Your entire understanding of immigration and citizenship is flawed. Congress determines who is a citizen and who is not. The immigration and naturalization acts you cite cover citizenship rules for everybody. Up until the end of the Civil War, the Congress had full discretion regarding citizenship. After the 14th Amendment, they had discretion except relating to people born in the United States, who now became citizens at birth.

Today, there are two and only two rules that govern citizenship:

The 14th Amendment: which grants citizenship to all born in America
    and
    Section 301 of the Immigration and Nationalization Act: which grants citizenship according to rules devised by Congress.

If you were born in America, you are a Citizen thanks to the 14th Amendment. If you meet the requirements for Citizenship under Section 301, you are likewise a Citizen. There is no "approval by the State Department" needed or any such nonsense. If you meet the requirements of 301, you are a Citizen, period. The State Department and every other Governmental Agency one might interact with are governed by the 14th Amendment and Section 301.

Ted Cruz became a US Citizen at birth according to Section 301(g) of the Immigration and Nationalization Act. His parents didn't have to file any papers or talk to the State Department because those aren't required under the Act. The only relevant question in terms of whether Cruz was born an American is if his mother qualified under 301(g). If she did (and we know enough about her life to know that yes, she did) then he is a citizen.
    Last edited by RonPaulMall; 08-07-2015 at 11:40 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *Ahem* What about Marco Rubio? His parents didn't become citizens until four years after Marco was born here.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

We went through this eight years ago with Obama. Nobody ever questioned his eligibility, even though he didn't live here until he came to college.

You all can't do this. You can't attack strong candidates so Rand will win the nomination by default. He really needs to do this on his own. This seems kind of petty.
    #NashvilleStrong

I want to know why so many candidates aren't natural born citizens to begin with. Are we under attack?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    *Ahem* What about Marco Rubio? His parents didn't become citizens until four years after Marco was born here.
    If Marco was born in the U.S., then he was a U.S. citizen at birth, regardless of his parents' status.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I want to know why so many candidates aren't natural born citizens to begin with. Are we under attack?
    In my case, I was born in a U.S. Air Force base in the United Kingdom since my father was stationed there while in the U.S. Air Force. I have a UK birth certificate and a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. I was a U.S. citizen at birth. My mother was born in Spain since her father was also in the U.S. Air Force. This is would be similar to McCain's situation. To answer your question, having a military presence across the globe is part of the answer, yah cheeky wankah.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon