Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: DOJ indicts Jesse Benton and John Tate

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Tell that to the bankers, helmuth_hubener.
    LOL
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you?

You want to send someone to prison for violating a federal law that is unconstitutional to begin with?
    it's what he got caught for.

Dishonest is Dishonest.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

He was convicted of conspiracy, causing false campaign contribution reports to be filed to the Federal Election Commission and participating in a false statement scheme.
    Could have beat two of the raps if he had SHUT THE $#@! UP around cops.

So let me make sure I have this right: Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Barack Obama, and the rest of that raft of raving, frothing felons commit all manner of overtly criminal acts and the DOJ remains flaccid. But when Benton et al are suspected of campaign irregularities, DOJ is letting everyone have it all gooey in the eyes?

And some here still think there is a "system-compliant" path toward the establishment of some reasonable facsimile of liberty in America? What are you taking and why are you not sharing? I'd really like to get some of that action.

Move along folks... nothing to see here.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...That trick effectively "weaponized" the federal regulatory agency as part of their plot, the prosecutors said. Voters across the country have said during the current election cycle that they believe the "system is rigged," and this case shows why that attitude persists, Pilger said... http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...mann/90742638/
    Wow! The election was rigged in favor of Ron Paul! Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    So let me make sure I have this right: Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Barack Obama, and the rest of that raft of raving, frothing felons commit all manner of overtly criminal acts and the DOJ remains flaccid. But when Benton et al are suspected of campaign irregularities, DOJ is letting everyone have it all gooey in the eyes?

And some here still think there is a "system-compliant" path toward the establishment of some reasonable facsimile of liberty in America? What are you taking and why are you not sharing? I'd really like to get some of that action.
    You see, this is why you get funny looks when you mention your libertarian ideas to people. Everybody knows this equality before the law is BS. The real world does not work that way. The sooner you get this simple idea through your thick skull the better for you. Now, sorry I gotta run, I just got a text from my master.

h/t unknown & Matt Collins: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...d-Jesse-Benton!

Jesse Benton pardoned:
    - https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...emency-122320/
    - https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...on/4038489001/

Two men convicted of multiple federal offenses stemming from a bribery plot during the 2012 Iowa Republican caucus received pardons from President Donald Trump late Wednesday.

John Tate and Jesse Benton were convicted in 2016 of various public corruption charges for paying an Iowa state senator to switch his endorsement to then-U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, during his 2012 presidential campaign, days before the first-in-the-nation nominating event. Sen. Kent Sorenson, an Indianola Republican, had been a supporter of U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.

Tate and Benton were convicted by a federal jury in Des Moines in May 2016. Each served six months home confinement and two years’ probation.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-25-2020 at 11:17 PM.

If none of the people that should be prosecuted are prosecuted then nobody should be prosecuted.

This is so amusing... Americans fiddle as the land burns. We've been at it for over 100 years and still haven't bought the clue.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

This case was a joke, as are about 50% of federal non-drug cases. I am glad they were pardoned.
    Last edited by Galileo Galilei; 12-25-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

They were pardoned because they were put up to scandalizing the Paul campaign. They were pardoned to ensure their silence as per their original agreement I’m sure. It’s the scenario that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    They were pardoned because they were put up to scandalizing the Paul campaign. They were pardoned to ensure their silence as per their original agreement I’m sure. It’s the scenario that makes any sense.
    They were targeted because they backed Ron Paul, and the feds found some highly technical non-victim "crime" to convict them. They were pardoned because the tables have turned over the past 8 years, now we have many defenders of liberty in powerful positions in the federal government fore the first time since the days of Calvin Coolidge.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They sure as hell weren't pardoned because this POTUS has a soft spot for libertarians, so it's curious indeed.

My take is that Trump, having lost, is just lashing out at everyone, trying to $#@! with them as much as possible on his way out.

...and "they" do not like Ron Paul people.

That's what this veto threat was about; $#@!ing with Mitch because Mitch acknowledged that Biden won.

...a final dick-waving exercise before he goes to the great ignored goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    They sure as hell weren't pardoned because this POTUS has a soft spot for libertarians, so it's curious indeed.

My take is that Trump, having lost, is just lashing out at everyone, trying to $#@! with them as much as possible on his way out.

...and "they" do not like Ron Paul people.

That's what this veto threat was about; $#@!ing with Mitch because Mitch acknowledged that Biden won.

...a final dick-waving exercise before he goes to the great ignored goodnight.
    Rand convinced Trump to do it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Agreed 100%.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Well, he'd have done better convincing him to not borrow another $10 trillion, but I guess this will have to do.

Well, he'd have done better convincing him to not borrow another $10 trillion, but I guess this will have to do.
    Trump just vetoed the NDAA.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    Trump just vetoed the NDAA.
    If you're suggesting that the veto was motivated by concern for excessive spending, you're mistaken.

If you're suggesting that the veto was motivated by concern for excessive spending, you're mistaken.
    Trump is anti-war as well as a budget hawk.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

JESSE BENTON got into trouble because ML Mitch McConnell had been his boss. Asked him to do things. Trump gave Mitch an X-mas present.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Matt may be correct on how Doctor Rand looked at this. McConnell being McConnell.
    Trump's mistake was that he got into a very minor quarrel with wily ole Mitch after
    he gave him a rather nice X-mas present that was wrapped up in a very big nice bow.

“First they came for Alex Jones.”

Well, actually...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    First they came for Kokesh, now they have come for Benton and Tate...
    Whoops, my bad. They came for Kokesh first.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

Move along folks... nothing to see here.
    And look where we are today. Obama, Holder, Learner and friends were just getting started back then. It is amazing how so many of the same names keep coming up in these cases.

From the Benton prosecution, to the IRS persecutions, to the pre-election operations against Trump, to the prosecutions against members of the Trump admin, to the cover up of Hunter Biden’s laptop, it’s always the same inter-related cast of characters.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415