Thread: Your feelings on these 1g gold bars?

Your feelings on these 1g gold bars?

I do like 1oz............. but if it ever came down to selling off a piece here or there, these seem ?

http://www.silver.com/50-gram-valcambi-gold-combi-bars/

Your thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is that a bar or a flake?

That's a great way to hand out an extra novelty Christmas or birthday present to the little ones in the family. Children, nephews, nieces and whatnot. Maybe like an extra stocking stuffer or something. And, then, they last a few years for that.

That's really all I'd do with it. Is a great way to generate interest in that kind of thing for them.

As far as a return on it, you'd break around even, I suppose. Maybe...
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-05-2015 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    I do like 1oz............. but if it ever came down to selling off a piece here or there, these seem ?

Your thoughts?
    The Australians make a $2 gold coin @ the Perth mint that is a half gram of .999 .

Your thoughts?
    Unless you are a multi millionaire and are protecting a percentage of large wealth , smaller is better, in case you ever do want to use it .If things get that bad , other than a surgery or something , there is nothing you will need that will cost an ounce . So anything like this , without a big mark up over spot would be reasonable .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-05-2015 at 08:28 AM.

On 50 grams ($1952) you're paying $200 markup plus shipping; 50 grams at spot is $1750. Thats pretty steep. But the divisibility is nice in SHTF scenario... however given that scenario... expect high price volatility / standard deviation.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

1 gram of gold? That's what silver is for.

It makes sense. But I'm not inclined to pay the extra premium for it. If need be, smaller pieces can be cut off regular gold bars. Also, there's still silver for smaller purchases.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well, my reasoning was bartering, to some extent.

Need some groceries.. or whatever, just hand over a gram of gold etc....

plus, my gold to silver ratio is off - so was looking to up the gold.

well, my reasoning was bartering, to some extent.

Need some groceries.. or whatever, just hand over a gram of gold etc....

plus, my gold to silver ratio is off - so was looking to up the gold.
    I thought it was an ingenious bar and great idea. The high premium was the only downside IMHO. So if you want some more gold plus the ability for small denomination use, go for it.

For me though, I think the General acceptability of silver eagles makes it more beneficial to get a little heavy on the silver side of the Ag:Au ratio

Good stuff and thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    It makes sense. But I'm not inclined to pay the extra premium for it. If need be, smaller pieces can be cut off regular gold bars. Also, there's still silver for smaller purchases.
    Those Valcambi combi-bars are a decent solution if one doesn't mind the premium for the convenience.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book