Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: DJIA, NYSE, S&P = CRASH!!!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    Yeah - my company only offers Fidelity stocks for the 401k, BUT there are a few bond choices.
    Does your IRA offer one called SPAXX?I have an inherited Fidelity IRA from my Dad that offers it,and for various reasons was 89% in SPAXX,the remainder in 3 or 4 bond funds last Thursday and Friday.
    The SPAXX part fell $0.00 and the whole thing lost way less than 1/10 of 1% over that period.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Dow futures -428. Short of furious PPT funny business or a new QE announcement, Monday looks like a bloodbath, maybe a circuit breaker day. I hope you folks are mostly out of the stock markets other than VIX and shorts. It's gonna be a looooong September. The paper wealth game is dying, by design, right in front of you and a reset is the goal. Act accordingly.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-23-2015 at 10:07 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If you have indeed quit your job and put "all your savings" into those two stocks, you have no money left to invest in other ones. Day trading is a hard way to make a living- many try but few are actually very successful at it. Buy and hold is better because the more you trade, the more you lower your returns (each trade costs money- not just in transactions costs but in short term capital gains taxes as well).

You also need diversity- not just one or two stocks- to spread risk. I like index funds for their diversity and very low costs. There are many different funds tracking many different indexes. And since they aren't chasing returns by trading for what they think will be hot in the next quarter but just matching the stocks in the index, they aren't trading shares within the fund and that keeps costs lower which means more money for you.

For individual stocks, check into what a DRIP is- (Dividend Re_Investment Plans). It is the lowest cost way to own individual stocks (each have their own rules on things like minimum purchases and investment requirements). Basically you buy a dividend paying stock and they take the dividend payout and instead of sending you a taxable check, they roll the money over into more shares of the stock (usually at zero transaction fee). I added $5,000 to my account recently and was charged $0.18 (yes, eighteen cents) transaction costs. Buying shares at say ETrade may cost $7 a pop.
    Well I still have about $17,000 left (out of original $40,000) to invest but not sure where to put it. I'd like to at least turn it into $70,000 by early next year.

I signed up with Scottrade but if etrade is better I could try them.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    dbl post
    Last edited by Lord Xar; 08-24-2015 at 12:46 AM.

well, I just checked my 401k -- looks to be down ~7k , well that is great.... I have NEVER gained ~7k within a few days..... but ~7k poof, gone..hmmm. not really liking that.

I think Presence might be right on this......

Here is what I have for bond and blended options... any of them look decent to move my stock investments/401k into..
    Name/Inception Date Asset Class Category 1 Year 3 Year 5 Year 10 Year/LOF*

FID FREEDOM K 2010 (FFKCX) 07/02/2009 Blended Fund Investments* N/A 4.57% 7.52% 7.70% 9.45% 07/31/2015
    FID FREEDOM K 2020 (FFKDX) 07/02/2009 Blended Fund Investments* N/A 5.58% 8.78% 8.75% 10.77% 07/31/2015
    FID FREEDOM K 2030 (FFKEX) 07/02/2009 Blended Fund Investments* N/A 7.11% 11.16% 10.31% 12.34% 07/31/2015
    FID FREEDOM K 2040 (FFKFX) 07/02/2009 Blended Fund Investments* N/A 7.50% 12.43% 11.05% 13.04% 07/31/2015
    FID FREEDOM K 2050 (FFKHX) 07/02/2009 Blended Fund Investments* N/A 7.55% 12.82% 11.30% 13.28% 07/31/2015
    FID FREEDOM K INCOME (FFKAX) 07/02/2009 Blended Fund Investments* N/A 2.75% 4.05% 4.59% 5.97% 07/31/2015
    FID PURITAN (FPURX) 04/16/1947 Blended Fund Investments* N/A 9.64% 12.95% 12.05% 7.33% 07/31/2015
    NYL GUAR INT ACCOUNT 01/03/2011 Bond Investments Stable Value N/A N/A N/A N/A
    FA STRAT INCOME A (FSTAX) 10/31/1994 Bond Investments Income -0.09% 2.99% 4.69% 5.96% 07/31/2015
    PRU TOTAL RTN BD Q (PTRQX) 01/10/1995 Bond Investments Income 3.24% 3.46% 5.37% 5.97% 07/31/2015
    TMPL GLOBAL BOND A (TPINX) 09/18/1986 Bond Investments Income -2.59% 3.05% 4.10% 7.65% 07/31/2015

Looking those over, these ones didn't take a big hit in 2008, nigh a bump.
    PTRQX [Prudential Total Return Bond Fund Class Q](( took a small hit in 2008 ))
    TPINX [Templeton Global Bond Fund Class A](( took a medium hit in 2008 ))

looks like all the other bond investments were created in 2009.
    Last edited by Lord Xar; 08-24-2015 at 12:56 AM.

Last edited by presence; 08-24-2015 at 09:01 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Facebook, apple, ford, all great buys this morning.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweis View Post
    Facebook, apple, ford, all great buys this morning.

Don't touch them. Moar pain to come. This will go on for months.

$#@!ing hate this. Decided to go full bear. Sold a european stock before the european open. The stock opened at it lowest all day. Bought spxu at the same time (futures were only down 2% at that time) got it at the $#@!ing open at 46,41. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Don't touch them. Moar pain to come. This will go on for months.
    You just missed out on 10 percent burst of profit. Buy the dip sell the rip.

Call me crazy, I'm looking to buy chinese stocks this week.

If you can in and out like that God bless.
    I trade, forecast, and recommend retail long term transactions in stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    $#@!ing hate this. Decided to go full bear. Sold a european stock before the european open. The stock opened at it lowest all day. Bought spxu at the same time (futures were only down 2% at that time) got it at the $#@!ing open at 46,41. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    got mine at $32.93 :P

I'm expecting this to be 15-20% correction. Got the gut feeling about 2 weeks ago. I'm also expecting QE4 by EOY, err 5, what number we at again? Does Op Twist count?

Call me crazy, I'm looking to buy chinese stocks this week.
    Don't touch it till sub 3000; I value Shanghai at 2750 for October.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Don't touch it till sub 3000; I value Shanghai at 2750 for October.
    You do not see a bounce this week? Turnaround Tuesday or Wednesday?

You do not see a bounce this week? Turnaround Tuesday or Wednesday?
    Dead cat bounce?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Dead cat bounce?
    I think you have to follow the trend. V Shape recovery. I'm a bull. 12 percent correction, time to buy low sell high. Smart money bought at 9:40 am this morning

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think you have to follow the trend. V Shape recovery. I'm a bull. 12 percent correction, time to buy low sell high. Smart money bought at 9:40 am this morning
    Short the VXX. Looking to buy oil at $34 barrel. Looking for apple to lead the market higher in the next month.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The invisible net...

That may work if it is a dip, but if it is a sustained drop, thats not so good for us non investor people.

Buying after a dip is good for a correction to panic reactions as it should in theory help maintain balance, but just like 2008 we have some major bubbles that need to be corrected and drop in value.

Theres a number of us that expect by October, we will have another repeat of 2008. Just out of curiousity, what do you think Light? Are we going to head into another Bear Market or will it be Bull Markets all the time?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!!!!

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    That may work if it is a dip, but if it is a sustained drop, thats not so good for us non investor people.

Buying after a dip is good for a correction to panic reactions as it should in theory help maintain balance, but just like 2008 we have some major bubbles that need to be corrected and drop in value.

Theres a number of us that expect by October, we will have another repeat of 2008. Just out of curiousity, what do you think Light? Are we going to head into another Bear Market or will it be Bull Markets all the time?
    Bull market of all time. Apple is going to take the market higher.

Short the VXX. Looking to buy oil at $34 barrel. Looking for apple to lead the market higher in the next month.
    Y'all still playing in this market have brass balls. Good luck trying to front-run algorithms and PPT moves and not lose your ass in the process.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Congratulations, presence, on an extremely good call!

Perhaps it helped some of your friends here on RPF, as you said was your wish. Congratulations again. Astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    I still have about $17,000 left... I'd like to at least turn it into $70,000 by early next year.
    Ummmm....... bad idea. Can I say that? Will you listen? Ahh well, probably not. So, best of luck!

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm a buy and hold forever investor, but I just so happened to have a large chunk of my net worth out of the stock market for the past couple weeks. Did a 401k rollover that hasn't completed yet, and dipped into the IRA for a home purchase. Heh I got lucky on this one. Hope to get fully back in later this week.

Presence, in general I think you are a bit nuts, but you called this right somehow, so props my friend.

Presence was spot on. Way to go. And Zippy proves again he is a fools shill.
    Last edited by puppetmaster; 08-24-2015 at 11:33 PM.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast